Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi A3-Is this an ambition or an attraction

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,408 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Attraction.
    The give-aways are the small alloys (Ambition has 17's), and the interior (the Ambition has a 3-spoke sports wheel, sports seats, etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

it's well over priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,545 ✭✭✭billyhead

What do you reckon its worth in a straight cash deal in todays market with the year 09 around the corner?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭sk8board

dubmick wrote: »
    it's well over priced too.

Many things wrong with this picture I'm afraid Billyhead:
    - incredibly over priced.
    - Its the entry level
    - it has the old 1.6L engine (not the 1.6 RSI), which always had its troubles
    - Those cost 26-27k new if I remember. That one is 4 years old now, and is still only €10k off the new price. ???
    - its the pre-face-lift model, without the gaping mouthed grill

Personally, I wouldn't if I were you for any one of the reasons above, not to mention all 5 of them.

I like the 'Nice little runner,Ideal car for your family.' What family wants a 3-door A3?

Heres a 2.0L FSI one (also compleltely over priced, but its just for comparison), but only 1k more than the one you listed.

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Audi/A3/FSI-150B/200841190389123/advert

• Registered Users Posts: 51,114 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

billyhead wrote: »
    What do you reckon its worth in a straight cash deal in todays market with the year 09 around the corner?

Poor value for money those A3s, that car doesn't even have air conditioning. Here is a 2 years younger VW Golf with air conditioning which is basically the same car as the A3, for similar money:

http://www.driving.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=1253635

BTW what happened with the 08 Focus you were going to look at the other day?

• Advertisement

I've been looking for a 5 door 1.6 FSI for a while. There are not many out there at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It says it in the description:
    Description Audi A3 3DR Attraction (WINDSOR RAHENY)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

I've been looking for a 5 door 1.6 FSI for a while. There are not many out there at the moment.

Never is really, I bought an 04 A3 Ambition (3 door) 2 years ago and the FSI was near impossible to find and when you did the spec or price was bad. I asked the dealer that I got the car off in the end and he said alot of people wouldn't plump up for the FSI engine.

In the end I got a regular 1.6 with half leather, aircon, esp and the walnut inlays. I regret a little bit not holding out for a FSI or a nice TDI though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

It says it in the description:

Whats the point.....

is the ambiente model better than the attraction?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,672 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

is the ambiente model better than the attraction?

Attraction was the base model
    Ambiente was the sports focused model
    Ambition was the comfort focused model

Ambiente and Ambition were the same price, and as I guessed that Ambiente is sports there is a 50/50 chance I've got them the wrong way around.

R.O.R. wrote:
    Ambiente and Ambition were the same price, and as I guessed that Ambiente is sports there is a 50/50 chance I've got them the wrong way around.
    You have...

Ambition is the sporty one. Ambition the comfortable one.
    Whats the point.....

Drummerboy: The point is that it answers the OP's question and is quoted from the description given in the link he posted.

You have...

Ambition is the sporty one. Ambition the comfortable one.

? Now you are confusing me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

Ambition - Sporty
    Ambiente - Comfort

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Donie75

Ambiente is the comfort/luxury model, 16' inch alloys, velour seats
    Attraction is the standard/base model, 16' inch alloys
    Ambition is the sports model, 17' inch alloys, sports seats, sports steering wheel & loweered suspension.

I had a 04 Attraction 1.6 with Climate, alloys & armrest, in metallic. It was a fantastic car. Way better than any golf. I drove a golf for a few weeks before my A3 arrived and it wasn't a patch on the A3. The FSI was very rare so the only other option would be 1.9tdi or 2.0 tdi.
    A few of my friends had A3's at the same time. 2 had the 2.0TDI Ambition. They both complained that the suspension was way too hard for Irish roads. They both prefered my Attraction.
    The 2.0 Tdi was a weapon in the A3. Seriously quick with massive torque.

? Now you are confusing me! :)
    Serves me right for typing too fast!

Sorry.

Attraction = Poverty spec
    Ambient = Comfort
    Ambition = Sport

+1 on the Ambition being too rigid for Irish roads. I had an 05 Ambition and driving on country roads was a shocker. Nice on Motorways and decent N roads though.

Advertisement