Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Women Drinking Pints

• 01-09-2009 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭

I was out the other night with my g/f and we the drinks came mine a coke and hers a dirty great pint of the black stuff- I was handed the pint.

Way back when women wouldn't go into bars but "Select Lounges" and hotels and a bar was where a man went after work etc and if a woman did go she wouldn't have a pint.

A glass of guinness was occasionally produced -but that was a tourist drink.Babycham, Satzenbrau, Ritz were all forerunners of alcopops but...

So what do you think about women with pints and drunk women.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Women with pints I salute! Drunk women I eh.......approach would probably be the best word!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I have never seen a woman drink a pint of the black stuff,a glass yeh. Women and pints is cool. Drunk women...no comment.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Who cares? Ive heard people say this before but i cant get my head around it. Like its a glass or a beverage who cares if your a guy or a girl. If seeing a girl drinking out of a pint glass puts you off you deserve to single for the rest of your days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

All I'll say CDfm, is that I hope you didn't have fun via the "dirt track" the next day...:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I don't have a problem with it.I only have a problem with the fact that it makes them fatter than vodka or something would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

My wife used to drink pints of Guinness when we first started going out. I thought it was hawt tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

poisonated wrote: »
    I don't have a problem with it.I only have a problem with the fact that it makes them fatter than vodka or something would.

Yeah....pints don't make men fat. That's what I heard anyway. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭Beanmachine

Its about as sick as woman cycling bikes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Pints are the greatest alcohol for the price, so that's another reason to respect a woman smart enough to drink them. :pac:

Someone I know stopped drinking pints because she read some barman in a magazine thought that it wasn't nice to see women drinking pints and all his friends thought so too. :rolleyes:

Women drinking pints is something I like personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Women and pints- Yes.
    A lady with a pint- No.

Depends on the situation, big difference between a woman sinking pints at an outdoor concert and doing the same at a black tie event.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

Khannie wrote: »
    Yeah....pints don't make men fat. That's what I heard anyway. :pac:

ah yeah but women shouldn't be fat.Its ok for men:D

I'm not fat btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Am I the odd one out for never taking a woman drinking a pint into consideration before? I've never respected a woman more or less for it...

Where I'm from, we all just have a few drinks.. Pints, shorts, cans, bottles, whatever your poison is :confused:

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Er, I thought a pint glass was just a. . . GLASS?? no?? hmm. I drink Pints of heineken pretty much every time I go out. Whether it's down the local or to a wedding. Really it's like saying a woman shouldn't have a mug of tea, but tea from only a china cup :rolleyes:

But seriously. . . when it comes to pint's. . .

IT'S ONLY A GLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Never passed any remarks TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Never passed any remarks TBH.

Abrekebabra always looks attractive after a few pints. I wonder if that happens to women?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

never been something that has entered into my head tbh. I don't think I'd notice until it was my round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'm 20, and tbh, I think that for my generation, the idea that women drinking pints is disagreeable does not exist.

CDfm wrote: »
    Abrekebabra

*shudders*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

My mother gives me hell for drinking pints. :rolleyes:
    It's a weird one, but people still assume the pint is not for me but one of the blokes if I'm in a group.
    If a guy had an issue with it, I'd have an issue with him. :pac:
    Pints ftw!

Cool forum by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

bronte wrote: »

Cool forum by the way.

and your very welcome here :)

• Advertisement

bronte wrote: »
    My mother gives me hell for drinking pints. :rolleyes:

She sounds like my mother.She used to nearly have a conniption (I do love that word) when ever she saw my sister drink a pint.

nedtheshed wrote: »
    She sounds like my mother.She used to nearly have a conniption (I do love that word) when ever she saw my sister drink a pint.

Ah tis an age gap thing.
    She grumbles that it's not ladylike!
    It's a blimmin glass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

I'm the OP Coca Cola guy - my girlfriend ordered and paid for the drinks and we were served by a young woman.

That's weird, I have to say I sometimes get the odd funny look from young bar-staff if I order a pint here in London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

In fairness, I don't see how drinking a pint glass is any less 'ladylike'. They'd be in for quite the shock if they hit Oktoberfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

My mum wouldn't be able to say anything, she used to drink pints when she was young because they were cheaper. She preferred vodka and coke but she was broke. She could also out drink most of her dad's friends even though she was really tiny.

I don't drink pints really, I'm a vodka and lime person but I didn't think anyone would think twice if I did.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

Fajitas! wrote: »
    In fairness, I don't see how drinking a pint glass is any less 'ladylike'. They'd be in for quite the shock if they hit Oktoberfest.
    I'll be in munich the week after this ends :(:(

As for the pints thing. . . its gas, an aunt of mine will order a pint but always pour it into a half glass. I never understood it tbh.

Ha ha ha,Ive actually witnessed friends doing this in the past.What the hell like?

You end up spilling some of it and depending what it is there is the danger of a massive head on it,or making it go flat.

Bleeeggghhh.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I drink pints of Guiness and when eating out will often have a blue steak.

I'm female and usually in any new place I'm eating/drinking in, if a male companion is not having guiness/blue steak they end up with him.

At this stage it makes me smile somewhat :cool: It's happened far too many times in the past ten years for me not to expect it :)

I think with women drinking pints, it's fine to have a pint of beer but a lot of bar staff assume a pint of Guiness is a male drink

Even worse, though OT is ordering a blue steak (35 seconds each side, no resting) to get something unedible as the waiter/chef doesn't believe it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

I personally have no problem with it. Actually welcome it.

If you think women drinking pints is bad, you'd love seeing big men drinking halves!

They are two a penny over here. Would have been shot on the spot if I did same at home :eek:

Advertisement