Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone want to see the morons "running" this country?

• 16-03-2009 5:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭

Probrably posted already somewhere in the boards empire but, jesus, that clip says all we need to know about the gombeen halfwits in charge. "oh look, a camera!" Don't think I have ever seen a pack of 10 year olds looking at a camera like that in this day and age. Typical fianna failer's. I actually read about that in the paper.

If ever there was a clip that says all we need to know that is surely it. It's embarrasing but has a certain comedic value. Last one to leave Ireland be sure to put out the light:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Wow, amazing clip. Lets make you our new leader for finding it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Classic!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

It is also true that Podge and Rodge wanted to use the clip but supprise, supprise they were not allowed. Could you imagine the British government censoring such a trivial matter like that on the BBC?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Funniest bit is yer man falling in the background and then popping up the wrong way, righting himself and putting his hand back on the other fellas shoulder. watch out for it - verr verr funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You are a tad late on this topic old chum. Link.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

That video certainly delivered.

As deluded as they are, you have to admire FF'ers dedication to their party.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭Sean Quagmire

that guy with mike is either 8 foot tall or that is a conference for suit wearing midgets.

either way
    <<

>>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

darkman2 wrote: »
    It is also true that Podge and Rodge wanted to use the clip but supprise, supprise they were not allowed. Could you imagine the British government censoring such a trivial matter like that on the BBC?

Is that really true or did you just read it on the YouTube comments?

Yep, the government censored it effectively. It was in the indo. Whilst this may be a trivial thing I am not happy about that and neither should anyone else be. Clowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

No intelligent person would go into politics and have to get on with those tossers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Peared wrote: »
    Funniest bit is yer man falling in the background and then popping up the wrong way, righting himself and putting his hand back on the other fellas shoulder. watch out for it - verr verr funny.

+100000 absolutely gas bit, the timing is just hillarious big mutton head on him.

Peared wrote: »

LOL at that bit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭pauro 76

Those goons remind me of the kids in this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQeyUVZQ108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

bwahahahahhaa its like shaun of the dead, pie eyed, culchie comb-overed gob****es.

And YOU voted for 'em!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭HarryPalmer

Last one to leave Ireland be sure to put out the light

I imagine that some Fianna Fail man will have stolen that before anybody gets to it. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 buddygit

God help us all, with the state of that, must admit I laughed my ar"# off at the lot of them. I am REALLY looking forward to the idiots knocking on my door looking for votes in a few weeks. Revenge if futile will be sweet.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Cant believe it, i used to work for one of those muppets. Its no more than i would expect from him, he cant speak to say his life (imagine think Mayo accent with a tongue that any lesbian would be proud of), so he just likes getting his big farmer head stuck in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,612 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I saw this on youtube yesterday. I just laughed, and laughed and laughed, and laughed. Then I cried a little.

Indeed, God help us. These are the cream of Fianna Fails crop. The sort of gombeen men whove been describing themselves as politicians for as long as we can remember. The only thing you can say is that whenever the Dail is in session, every village will at least know where their idiot should be.

Shame on us to be honest. This government is as good as we demanded from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Probrably posted already somewhere in the boards empire but, jesus, that clip says all we need to know about the gombeen halfwits in charge. "oh look, a camera!" Don't think I have ever seen a pack of 10 year olds looking at a camera like that in this day and age. Typical fianna failer's. I actually read about that in the paper.
    I'm sorry wat am i looking at i nthis clip?

I think the person who uploaded that video puts it best
    Fianna Fail delegates come out of the woodwork and look like the incompetent pricks they really are.

This country is ****ed if people like this are in charge.

I mean, look at them with their "Howiya mammy I'm on the telly" expressions. What the **** are they at?

I can't pick what part of this video annoys me the most. Is it:

that gormless, drooling wanker on the bottom right?

Captain Cool without the tie on the bottom left?

That ****ing eejit John Foley falling off his chair on live TV?

Kilroy up the back there straining to get the top of his head on telly?

Or the two dead-eyed zombies kneeling beside poor David Davin Power.

And these ****s are running the country?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I think the person who uploaded that video puts it best

I wonder if it's a prototype FG campaign ad uploaded by Enda Kenny? A bit of a take on the UK's Nu-Labour "Simply the best" video.

It should have a disclaimer that "No inbreds were harmed during the making of this movie, except the twat who fell off his chair"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Are those guys in the clip not just supporters? Hardly fair then to say that "if these are the guys running the country then we are all ****ed"...

They're just members of the public as far as I can make out.

kraggy wrote: »
    They're just members of the public as far as I can make out.

That just isolates another area of the problem, tbh. I mean, how stupid or self-serving does a person need to be to vote Fianna Fail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

That just isolates another area of the problem, tbh. I mean, how stupid or self-serving does a person need to be to vote Fianna Fail?

That's not the point.

The Op said that they were running the country. The whole point of the thread was the people running the country were staring like zombies.

They weren't even in the video.

kraggy wrote: »
    That's not the point.

The Op said that they were running the country. The whole point of the thread was the people running the country were staring like zombies.

They weren't even in the video.

Fair enough, but I'm going to dismiss that fair comment out-of-hand, and glibly blab on about democracy as defined by the Fail entailing that the people are the embodiment of that democracy.

To be serious, do you think that Cowen et. al. cut a good figure relative to even the worst of /European/ counterparts, whilst being the best paid in the /world/? Cowen is off to meet a man paid less than him, and beg to come away bragging about contracts worth money that would not run the country for two days... There are also plenty of vids knocking around on a well known Irish politics website that are even worse. Ever seen a government minister shout at a pundit because he didn't like the questioning? Go looking... the English saw it, RTE did not screen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 buddygit

Unfortunately for all of us. I happened to be on the train to Dublin a few weeks back and all around me were young FG delegates. The arrogance of them was unbelieveable. These were young college grads who were completely unaware of the state of the economy. All they were interested in was who was going where for Paddy's day - they were being taken on junkets with the big boys. These were the future of FG so FF are not the only muppets out there.:(
    I have no idea how I will vote in the next election. The local candidates are really crap here in The Kingdom.

Advertisement