Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value upgrades to my 2015 Trek Domane 4.1

Options
  • 19-03-2015 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I recently took the plunge and bought one of these:

http://www.trekbikes.com/ie/en/bikes/road/endurance_race/domane/domane_4_1_compact/

I realise that the components are fairly bog standard. So just wondering is there any parts I can change easily and for not much money (new or 2nd hand - a chance for any sellers here to show their wares :P) before I go all out in a year or 2 and change the whole groupset?

Thanks in advance :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

That's a perfectly good bike, with a decent if un-sexy groupset.

Go ride it, lots.

Funky bar tape?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks, glad it gets approval. Wasn't sure I spend my money wisely but couldn't ignore getting it brand new for €900!

Just purchasing new shoes and pedals.....that will do for now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Wait to parts wear out (or break). First thing I'd do is set a budget for potential upgrades. For astethics I'd change shifters to 205/ultegra if funds allow, that'll hide the horrible exposed cables, then chainset to ultegra

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

I've the 2.3 and the 105 group set is excellent, I recently swapped out the wheels for zonda's and swapped the saddle for a selle..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Thanks 'not yet'......did the 105 come standard on your 2.3? Mine is Tiagra all over it!

Is there anywhere doing sales on groupsets?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Thanks 'not yet'......did the 105 come standard on your 2.3? Mine is Tiagra all over it!

Is there anywhere doing sales on groupsets?

Yeah came with 105..

The Tiagra is a fine groupset. Ride it for a while before you spend any money. btw the domane is a lovely bike, good luck.

Advertisement