Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new defy advanced disc 2015

Options
  • 19-03-2015 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi.

Has anybody bought one of these. Excellent bike however there is a fair bit of cable rattle. Anybody have this problem.
    Had it to the giant store and they put a few zip ties on cables inside however problem still there. I know there is foam kits and also I read online that cables need to run below bb from the down tube and not over the bb as this induces slackness and bad cable angles.

I removed the cranks to see the cables however there is a sealed plastic tube running between the press fit bearings so cannot see the cables.

Basically looking for a mechanic who has experience in dealing with this issue.

Thanks for any assistance lads.

Advertisement