Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish Political movement raises €2m.

Options
  • 01-10-2012 8:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

I am always leery of that word "Concerned" I am. Normally only provos or South Dublin criminals use it.
    She added: "Concerned Irish Citizens is growing in popularity and is expanding at an incredible rate and is now fast becoming a force to be reckoned with. "Injustice, bullying, intimidation and downright corruption can only prevail if enough good people do nothing. It is very clear to us that there are more than enough good people who are not prepared to facilitate further harassment and corruption such as that being dished out to the Quinn family and many others."

Probably as it is Entirely a front for the QUINNS. :) The rest of the story is here. What a really crap name though.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gaa-backs-promotion-of-support-rally-for-sean-quinn-3244602.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Had Quinn not been up in court this group wouldn't exist so I doubt the sincerity of these "citizens" when they speak of economic justice. Lets call a spade a spade, they're a paid up rent a mob designed to protect a local gangster. Funny how it took a super wealthy gambler to get burned before these citizens became so concerned. It's not like there isn't any amount of economic shenanigans to be concerned about besides Quinns recklessness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Slurryface

At 2007 prices you could buy 20 wedding cakes for that money!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,738 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lol the quinns trying to start a tea party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

The Quinns probably checked behind their couches for small change. Or else redirected a small fraction of the missing tens of millions of rental income from their disputed property empire.

Either way I'm sure we'll never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭Laminations

Yeah, millions in rental income goes missing and then an anonymous set of fools turn up with a donation of 2 million. I won't allege money laundering, but it comes to mind. Such a donation to a party would have to be transparent and accounted for. I've still not heard from anyone who might know if it'll be subject to capital gains tax.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭FrogMarch

ROFL. I was all emotional and impassioned until I got to this bit:
    such as that being dished out to the Quinn family

When it comes to government corruption and social injustice, Quinn is one of the last on the list who needs help.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

Conceivably a majority of members of the GAA could constitute a major political party; however I shudder to think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Elect the Cats to cabinet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

juan.kerr wrote: »
    The Quinns probably checked behind their couches for small change. Or else redirected a small fraction of the missing tens of millions of rental income from their disputed property empire.

Either way I'm sure we'll never know.
    You are assuming that the Couch is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭limklad

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Elect the Cats to cabinet.
    What about the Dogs, the mice and the Rats and every other species?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Prime Time is coming from County Quinn tonight. We should hear what the Movements Manifeshto is. :)

Advertisement