Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 merchandise

Options
  • 25-06-2005 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering what types of merchandise is available How much are t-shirts? Are thet any good etc? Rip off or not. Cant wait for monday gig/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭logistic

t-shirt's were 25e which i think were a decent price
    there was also a hoody for 60, i think.
    also posters and keyrings but im not to sure how much they were. The t-shirts were good value. Picked up a black one with a pic of U2 on the front and the tour details on the back.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Nice. That looks good. I must pick up a couple of t-shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

think ill have to get a tshirt myself. i always regretted not getting one at the slane gig

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Plenty of T-Shirts available... around 8 or 10 I think.
    There was a special black one for the Croke Park gigs with "U2 Vertigo Croker PArk 24/25/27 July 05" on the back, and a large print of the band and a 'V' on the front.
    The black hoodie was €70 and wasnt anything special. Baseball hats there too.
    Didnt buy any myself... I guess there'll be near thousands of them being worn around town over the coming weeks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

whiskeyman wrote:
    Plenty of T-Shirts available... around 8 or 10 I think.
    There was a special black one for the Croke Park gigs with "U2 Vertigo Croker PArk 24/25/27 July 05" on the back, and a large print of the band and a 'V' on the front.

that was the one i bought. it was the only one they had in my size. one of the downsides of being 6'2" and fat. :D

other than that,i thought the selection was great and the prices were quite reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

program for 20e

that is an absolutle fúcking disgrace.

Make poverty history my hole.

weemcd wrote:
    program for 20e

that is an absolutle fúcking disgrace.

Make poverty history my hole.
    I thought the official programmes were €10?
    They looked ok... only for the real die-hard fan though.
    I did see another guy going around trying to flog what appeared to be "other" programmes. Maybe these were the €20 ones and werent official?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

whiskeyman wrote:
    I thought the official programmes were €10?
    They looked ok... only for the real die-hard fan though.
    I did see another guy going around trying to flog what appeared to be "other" programmes. Maybe these were the €20 ones and werent official?

My friend bought one, pretty sure he said 20. They were black made out of kind of matt finish card. They were very nice and well made etc, but ffs like.

mabye they just saw him coming :D:D

these kind of events see the cowboys coming out of the woodwork to try and make a quick buck - it will never change.

besty wrote:
    these kind of events see the cowboys coming out of the woodwork to try and make a quick buck - it will never change.
    speaking of which...there were lots of cowboy hats being sold outside too :D

Not sure how much they were, but didnt see many with them on... and they were trying to shift them for €4 a pop after the gig!

• Advertisement

the edge can be blamed for that in my opinion. :D
    were there people selling tshirts and stuff outside?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

i bought one of the hats. :o

i was drunk and it seemed like a good idea at the time.
    i threw it away about 2 hours later.

besty wrote:
    the edge can be blamed for that in my opinion. :D
    were there people selling tshirts and stuff outside?
    Didnt see any U2 related merchandise.
    Mostly Irish flags, hats, scarfs, whistles (for the love of god no!!!), glow sticks (!!!), hats, sunglasses, rain ponchos (needed on Friday), disposable cameras (looked dodgy... glad I got a good one in spectra on the way) and the usual bars and bottles of water.
    Also saw some geezer selling Liverpool "Champions of Europe" t-shirts...
    And then a small homemade sign on the canal bridge with "Official U2 Sambos... at Vertigo prices!"
    Classic :D

id say there might be a better chance of picking stuff up tomorrow cheap it being the last concert and all-still the thought of glowsticks and the like, *shudder*

Ill have to get an official tshirt though....

Advertisement