Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cinema Deals in Dublin

Options
  • 02-04-2014 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭

I thought I'd share some excellent deals with you guys:

SAVOY:
    Tuesday Student Tickets ..... €5 (without medium meal) or €8 (with medium meal)
    Wednesday Meal Deal: ........ €10 (with medium meal)
    Thursday Online Special: ..... €5

ODEON Point Village:
    Sat-Sun Kids films: ............ €2 (purchased at cinema) or €2.50 (purchased online)
    Mon-Thursday: .................. €6
    Everyday Before 1pm: ......... €6

Cineworld:
    Tuesdays: ........................ €6.75 (online) or €7.50 (at cinema)
    Everyday Before 12pm: ....... €6.48 (online) or €7.20 (at cinema)
    Take 2 Tuesdays: .............. €12 (incl. 2 x tickets, 2 x small drinks and 1 x medium popcorn)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Dundrum - Mondays, movie ticket and large combo for a tenner.

Stillorgan - all movies €6 on a Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

€5 tickets in Odeon/IMC/Omniplex cinemas Sunday to Thursday if you have an O2 phone/Broadband

http://www.o2online.ie/o2/priority/cinema-month/

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭TheBrinch

Dundrum also do student Tuesdays which is 10euro for a ticket and large combo.

IMC Tallaght:
    Tues - Student night, 8 euro for ticket and medium combo
    Weds - 10 euro for ticket and medium combo
    Mon to Fri - If you're on the dole, show them a welfare receipt and you get a 5 euro ticket. (all details on their website)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭crazyderk

If you're with o2 you can get 5 euro cinema tickets Sunday to Thursday you can get 5 euro cinema tickets with IMC Odeon and Omniplex cinemas

They have an app or you can go to the website they give you a code and you give it to the attendant when buying tickets.

Pretty good deal but you cant use it to book online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭smallgarden

TheBrinch wrote: »
    Dundrum also do student Tuesdays which is 10euro for a ticket and large combo.

IMC Tallaght:
    Tues - Student night, 8 euro for ticket and medium combo
    Weds - 10 euro for ticket and medium combo
    Mon to Fri - If you're on the dole, show them a welfare receipt and you get a 5 euro ticket. (all details on their website)

this applies to all imcs which includes savoy and screen in dublin city

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

crazyderk wrote: »
    If you're with o2 you can get 5 euro cinema tickets Sunday to Thursday you can get 5 euro cinema tickets with IMC Odeon and Omniplex cinemas

They have an app or you can go to the website they give you a code and you give it to the attendant when buying tickets.

Pretty good deal but you cant use it to book online

Thats a good deal. All year round too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Movies at Dundrum & Swords

Large Combo Meal (popcorn & drink) and ticket to any 2D or 3D film for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rockthistown

If you want to watch a movie in peace, I would avoid Cineworld. Every time we went there, there would be people on their phones, talking loudly through most of the movie, and being loud in general. The good thing about the IFI is when a movie starts, everyone keeps quit for the whole film.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Anyone know how to avail of the Savoy online special mentioned in the OP?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Anyone know how to avail of the Savoy online special mentioned in the OP?

It doesn't say on the site, I guess it is available there at the box office when buying your ticket and food. I haven't availed of it myself yet.

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    It doesn't say on the site, I guess it is available there at the box office when buying your ticket and food. I haven't availed of it myself yet.
    But sure, isn't it an online offer only?

Maybe it's expired now

The imc meal deal is only available at the cinema so you can't prebook, just ask for Wednesday meal deal, which includes savoy

The dundrum one you can book online which is handy, you collect tickets, bring them to void counter and they'll give you popcorn and drink

The Thursday online one should be available when you book tickets for Thursday show, they have to be bought online

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

If you want to watch a movie in peace, I would avoid Cineworld. Every time we went there, there would be people on their phones, talking loudly through most of the movie, and being loud in general. The good thing about the IFI is when a movie starts, everyone keeps quit for the whole film.

That's a very broad statement, only real thing that's happened me there and I go a couple of times a week is, an Asian girl on her massive phone, which I told her to turn off and she did, and a guy with torrets in a late screening.. Which was... Interesting..

The Thursday online one should be available when you book tickets for Thursday show, they have to be bought online
    If you're referring to the Savoy, where online do you book them? Do you just go through the regular process and have them automatically discounted?

EDIT: Just copped it, they're auto discounted. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Does the Cineworld Take 2 deal exist? Can't see anything about it on their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭Klingon Hamlet

Our Year wrote: »
    Does the Cineworld Take 2 deal exist? Can't see anything about it on their websites.

Here it is:

34164.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

FYI ulster bank upoints and tesco points can be used to buy tickets for Vue/cineworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

A king among men. Seems to be Thursdays now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

connundrum wrote: »
    Movies at Dundrum & Swords

Large Combo Meal (popcorn & drink) and ticket to any 2D or 3D film for €10.

What day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭1968

Just a general reminder that cinemas in Dublin charge a mad variety of prices for the same film at the same time.

To see The Martian this evening:

Stillorgan - €11.25 adult
    Cineworld - €10.80 "
    Dundrum - €10.20 "
    Dun Laoghaire - €9.50 "
    Lighthouse - €9.00 "
    Savoy - €8.50 "
    Rathmines - €7.00 "

The best deals imho:

Cineworld - Tuesdays : €8.50 all films all day
    Savoy/Screen/IMC - Wednesdays : €10 for tickets + med. popcorn + drink
    Savoy/Screen/IMC - Thursdays : €5 tickets (when booked online)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Vue does €5 tickets on Tuesdays with a super Tuesday code from their website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

podge018 wrote: »
    What day?

That post is a year old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Tallaght do a deal on Wed. Medium popcorn drink & ticket for 10e.
    Then they do an 'online Thursday' were tickets are 5euro

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Movies @ Dundrum

Monday after 6 - €10 for ticket + Large combo.
    Mon-Fri 11am showing (Elevensies) - €5.30

Everyday - Adult prices.
    Films before 1pm - €5.50
    Matinee - €7
    Early Evening - €8.50
    Evenings - €10.20 (Not a bargain!)

Also, they have a loyalty card which is well worth getting. I've had plenty of free movies over the last few years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think the Omniplex have tickets for a 5er on Tuesdays.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Do the Odeon have any deals on at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think they are 5 euro on Wednesday. But I did get an email recently about offers, maybe this has changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Anyone with 3 mobile network can download 3plus app for 2 tickets for €10 Sunday (after 6pm) - Thursday (all day) in Odeon and IMC cinemas

Then Odeon give you 40% off vouchers which I generally use for the Friday's and Saturdays.

Get an odeon card and it works out pretty cheap with loyalty points. We go to the cinema 2 or 3 times a month and it's cheaper than one trip to Any of the cinemas without a deal on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭podge018

damian139 wrote: »
    That post is a year old!!

so was my question

Advertisement