Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kilts and whats underneath!!

• 07-12-2008 11:09am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭

Ladies if you see a man in a kilt do you lift it up to see whats underneath?

I am wondering this,as I said to my boyfriend maybe you should wear something underneath which he told me is a big no no. But i find it strange women lifting it up to see everything obviously if it was on someone else thats ok;)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,351 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

smares wrote: »
    If he was wearing jeans, would you unzip or unbutton him? Isn't that the same question? You are curious about what's underneath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,394 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If I see a woman in a dress I don't lift it up to see what's underneath... shouldn't it be the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

What do you expect to find up there? A lost Shakespearean sonnet?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Not entirely sure why this is being asked here. I reckon the denizens of AH will have a lot more fun with it.

Moved from The Ladies Lounge

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Maybe Fashion and Appearance? Us decent AH folk wouldn'y kno wat tey dey with a scots man's appendages.

• Advertisement

On a cold day you probably won't find much under there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Now that all pork is banned, all you'll find is a couple of walnuts! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭SoWatchaWant

Are you serious. What kind of dirty skanky slut would lift up a man's kilt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

Given the cold weather at the moment, I wouldn't think there'd be that much to look at in all honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I was at a wedding last year and I was in a kilt. And this elderly woman came up to me and said:

"Excuse me young man, Are you wearing that kilt in the traditional fashion?"

To which I said, "do you mean am I bare arsed beneath it?"

and she replied in her posh glasgow accent:

"Indeed i do."

And I said i was, and she said:

"I am afraid I do not believe you and I must check, for the sake of tradition you understand?"

And she proceeded to put her hand up the back of my kilt and touch my bum. My girlfriend was there and would have been annoyed if this woman had not been in her eighties. How we laughed.

True story.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,750 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Guy walks up to random girl in skirt - lifts skirt - gets a slap - Gardaí called - guy arrested - interrogated - court appearance - 3 month suspended sentence - 2 years on sex offenders' register - loses job - moves to west of Ireland to escape stigma.

Girl walks up to random guy in kilt - lifts kilt - guy faps off about it for the rest of his life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you are going around in public bending down and lifting up strangers clothes so you can see some raw cock then you are certainly not a "lady". Or did they just edit out all the times Diana was checking out cocks when meeting all those soliders in kilts. This should be in the oxymoron thread.
    But i find it strange women lifting it up to see everything
    Does he find it strange when you let strange men pull your knickers or top down to see everything?

Or do you in fact let them? if not why do you presume he will let women do it to him. Does he also have a dirty mac and hang around schoolyards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I once lifted up a kilt being worn by a Scottish woman.

I found the bat cave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

When I see a girl wearing a short skirt, I punch her in the face and take her home to have sex with her without concent. Why wouldn't a girl lift a guy's kilt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

I am wondering this,as I said to my boyfriend maybe you should wear something underneath which he told me is a big no no. But i find it strange women lifting it up to see everything obviously if it was on someone else thats ok;)

A winking smiley excuses the blatant hypocrisy of your post very well, assuming you wouldn't like a strange man to run up to you and expose your genitals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

If a see a ramdom bloke on the street in a kilt ....NO

Guy at party saying "commando all the way babe"... just make sure youre not sat in front of him for rock the boat :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Lol! WHO would do that?? Aside from senile old women I can't think of a single woman I know actually having the audacity and perversion necessary to violate someone else's person like that! I mean, unless it's your own man, but otherwise that's just going too far.

PillyPen wrote: »
    Lol! WHO would do that?? Aside from senile old women I can't think of a single woman I know actually having the audacity and perversion necessary to violate someone else's person like that! I mean, unless it's your own man, but otherwise that's just going too far.

I don't know, girls on a night with a bit of drink on them... might be attracted to the kilt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,646 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Apparently it's a good way of telling what clan a Scottsman belongs too. If you find a quarter pounder under there, he's a McDonald.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

PillyPen wrote: »

You've obviously never been in Dublin for a rugby weekend when Scotland are in town. Some of the things I've seen women do in pubs on one of those weekends would have a guy doing jail time for trying the same thing.

• Advertisement

eolhc wrote: »
    I don't know, girls on a night with a bit of drink on them... might be attracted to the kilt

I'm not saying they aren't attractive, but I don't (think) I know any women who would actually be that brazen. It's just taking things to a whole new level!

Zaph wrote: »
    You've obviously never been in Dublin for a rugby weekend when Scotland are in town. Some of the things I've seen women do in pubs on one of those weekends would have a guy doing jail time for trying the same thing.

That's terrible! Man, do I ever feel naive right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Zaph wrote: »
    The next time the Scots are over, I'm gonna wear a kilt in town and if any woman tries to look up it, I'm going to do the same to her.
    Let's see how she likes it.

If she does, then I'll take pics and post them here.

Terry wrote: »

Shame you can't post pics in AH ;)

theres a funny photo of the queen sitting beside a group of guys in kilts lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Terry wrote: »
    The next time the Scots are over, I'm gonna wear a kilt in town and if any woman tries to look up it, I'm going to do the same to her.
    Let's see how she likes it.

eh, I hope you're talking about beaver pics terry, I don't think the boards servers could deal with the strain of yore wedding tackle!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

SteveC wrote: »
    eh, I hope you're talking about beaver pics terry, I don't think the boards servers could deal with the strain of yore wedding tackle!

:D
    Beaver pics indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

Bollocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭drakshug

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Given the cold weather at the moment, I wouldn't think there'd be that much to look at in all honesty.

Och, it isnae cauld.
    The average Scot can take a lotta shrinkage and still be impressive;)
    I'm wearing my kilt to the work christmas party. Was amazed at the Irish lads dsaring me to do it. One even bet me 50 quid that I would.
    Like taking candy from a baby.

Advertisement