Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argos Chat Thread #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

They've a 64gb USB 3 drive for 19.99. Not bargain of the century but still good value

They've decent stock levels too.

http://checkargos.com/?search=1926200

johnf26 wrote: »
    SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 128GB only 45e was 75e plenty of stock around.

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=%20413/1164

Kind of back on again with them at €53 this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Not any more!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

69.25 this morning. Limited stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

craggy2 wrote: »

Steadily dropping in price for the last while. As mentioned the delivery is €10 in Dublin and €18 rest of Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Shower head for €7.73, lots of stock. I'm buying one as a spare.
    http://checkargos.com/?search=1427266

Also, Dealz sell the shower hose part for €1.49.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bored_newbie

Shower head for €7.73, lots of stock. I'm buying one as a spare.
    http://checkargos.com/?search=1427266

Also, Dealz sell the shower hose part for €1.49.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

If your local Argos is one near where a Toys'R'Us are due to open they will most likely have 20% off all toys on the day the TRU opens up. In Limerick at the weekend there were Argos staff out on the street between the retail park they share with Smyths and the one TRU opened in, handing out leaflets for the 20% off. (There were crowds of people going between the 2 stores and Argos were making sure to attract as many as they could.) Argos did the same in Blanch when TRU opened there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

iguana wrote: »
    If your local Argos is one near where a Toys'R'Us are due to open they will most likely have 20% off all toys on the day the TRU opens up. In Limerick at the weekend there were Argos staff out on the street between the retail park they share with Smyths and the one TRU opened in, handing out leaflets for the 20% off. (There were crowds of people going between the 2 stores and Argos were making sure to attract as many as they could.) Argos did the same in Blanch when TRU opened there.

Mad when you consider toys r' us were already 20% more expensive than Argos before Argos gave the 20% off (was buying gifts on saturday so checked both in Limerick)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Mad when you consider toys r' us were already 20% more expensive than Argos before Argos gave the 20% off (was buying gifts on saturday so checked both in Limerick)

Went into tru in blanch last week. Same story. Everything was dearer than Argos and Smyth's even with the discount. Did get to buy frustration which was a bit cheaper after discount. The exception to the rule.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went into tru in blanch last week. Same story. Everything was dearer than Argos and Smyth's even with the discount. Did get to buy frustration which was a bit cheaper after discount. The exception to the rule.

Our house is superhero central so I was happy to see some small Imaginext DC sets in TRU that aren't in any of the other shops nearby. They weren't too badly priced either at €10 (€8 with the discount) for a figure and vehicle. We got the little guy a Two-Face and plane set, as the atmosphere was too exciting to come away with nothing. They sold out fast though, as I popped in yesterday and all that were left were a few Banes. Tbh, I find Heatons the best value of all for toys, a smaller selection obviously, but quite a few things not in the other shops and almost everything is a lot cheaper. Loads of Marvel stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭anais

Shower head 6.18 but out of stock in naas

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭ffocused

Lego Dimensions reduced to €99.99 on all formats except Xbox One
    Good price considering it's only out since Tuesday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

ffocused wrote: »
    Lego Dimensions reduced to €99.99 on all formats except Xbox One
    Good price considering it's only out since Tuesday!
    XBox one has been reduced since you posted that. Wonder if the expansions and characters will get a drop or a multibuy offer before Christmas?

Hi Guys,

I added a feature last night which is a list of the most popular products from the last two days (today and yesterday). It can be found here:

http://checkargos.com/?popular=recent

Most items will probably look familiar as they were than likely already posted on this thread, but hopefully it will be of some use to find good deals. You can also check the stock for products all at once by selecting a store from the drop down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Thanks witness, you're too good to us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi Guys,

I added a feature last night which is a list of the most popular products from the last two days (today and yesterday). It can be found here:

Most items will probably look familiar as they were than likely already posted on this thread, but hopefully it will be of some use to find good deals. You can also check the stock for products all at once by selecting a store from the drop down.

Fantastic site mate, fair play and thanks for sharing!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Hi Guys,

While I am definitely in favour of this feature I can see making it a lot harder to pin down a bargain if people can see all the hottest products in one place.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    While I am definitely in favour of this feature I can see making it a lot harder to pin down a bargain if people can see all the hottest products in one place.

I think you could say that about the entire site, I know I give out about every last one of you when I miss out on something good :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I think you could say that about the entire site, I know I give out about every last one of you when I miss out on something good :pac:

You need to get your head out of the code and back to where it matters ....BA :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

€12.50 (ish) if the bottle and Bag are bought separately but €23 if bought as one transaction:confused:

I bought these yesterday for my little lad yesterday along with a bag for €16 before realising that smyths have This one reduced:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

• Registered Users Posts: 4,934 ✭✭✭long_b

athtrasna wrote: »
    I can only see 5 in stock in the entire country and alas none in Dublin :(
    Email a friendPrint page
    Fisher-Price Thomas Take & Play Water Works Rescue.
    See Fisher-Price Thomas Take & Play Water Works Rescue larger imagesLarger image
    Fisher-Price Thomas Take & Play Water Works Rescue. 357/4375
    Less Than Half Price
    €24.99 See the Additional Information panel for the pricing footnote.
    was €74.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Is there a new catalogue due out? I'm getting this
    Sorry we are temporarily closed whilst we unwrap our new catalogue
    When I go to the Argos site now.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Is there a new catalogue due out? I'm getting this
    When I go to the Argos site now.

I'd say there probably is a new catalogue due out. On account of that's exactly what the message says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Was there "issues" last time the catalogue came out?

By issues I mean bargains ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

joe316 wrote: »
    Was there "issues" last time the catalogue came out?

By issues I mean bargains ;)

Yup, always are. For example....some lucky boardsies (not me) got apple macbooks for around €100 (from €1200) due to "pricing errors".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

SanDisk Ultra Fit 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive.

Not the cheapest it has been at but not bad value either with plenty of stock around the country

http://www.checkargos.com/?search=3589573

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

Might be of interest as a stocking filler. Plenty of stock

http://checkargos.com/?search=4141305

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement