Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

alarm info

Options
  • 20-04-2014 8:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

have two rifles already (.243 & 7mm08 )and a semi auto shotgun, am applying for a 30-06 what is the story with storage ?will gun safe do or will i have to get alarm fitted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Gun safe is the standard as laid down in the Commissioners Guidelines (Garda.ie)
    But you know they could insist on anything if it took thier fancy.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Sean Mullen

As per the commissioner's guidelines & SI 307/2009
    3) Two restricted firearms, or more than three non-restricted firearms.Each firearm shall be stored in a gun safe which complies with BS 7558 and which shall be securely fixed to a solid structure. The place in which the firearms are stored shall have an alarm fitted and the external doors to the place shall be fitted with locks which comply with BS 3621

• Registered Users Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭clivej

The alarm can be just on the room with your gun safe in. But for a little more cash do the whole house. It will give you and your partner piece of mind.
    This is subject to the Super's approval they may require a little more security.

Before I had to upgrade my system I had a Yale wireless system on the whole house that was bought from the local hardware store for about €250. Very easy to install and get working.
    It covered all the doors, PIR sensor for the hall, and a keypad control unit. Extra door/window and PIR units could be added if and when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Gun safe is the standard as laid down in the Commissioners Guidelines (Garda.ie)
    But you know they could insist on anything if it took thier fancy.......

Had not drunk the secound cup of coffee when I replied, totally blanked on the semi shotie, Sean is spot on with the alarm. Standard un-monitored will do .....

Advertisement