Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Modified Car Problem?!?!

• 28-10-2014 2:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭

This has annoyed me for sometime and it's time for a rant..

I have a bmw 318is, It's lowered, Loud exhuast, Back wheels are cambered due to it being low.. Any time i'm always out driving in it there's always one person that tailgates or has to drive aggressively behind me or try and race me, It's more old lads in their bmw's and audi's that do it, When i come to speedramps i know it annoys few people that i have to go slow over them, Even when my car wasn't lowered i don't go fast over them.. I don't see why people treat others who have modified cars on the road differently and have no respect for them to those who don't, I know there's alot of other people out there who treat everybody on the road the same, But it's generally old people or people in new audi's, bmw's and mercedes who are more dangerous on the road and alot of them should have their license took off them, And i'm not saying all young lads are good drivers but there's a percentage of young lads that are actually good drivers!.. Rant over!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Daaryl wrote: »
    But it's generally old people or people in new audi's, bmw's and mercedes who are more dangerous on the road and alot of them should have their license took off them

You can't be complaining of stereotypes and then stereotype :rolleyes:

In fairness I see where your coming from and I done the whole lowered thing a few years back but now it wrecks my head when someone is hanging around on a ramp. I go easy over them too.

Mostly the young lads are passing you in there a4's etc because they know your an easy kill in a 318, "I passed you, I have the bigger d1ck" kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I have no problem with those clowns, biggest problem with modified cars in Ireland is not being able to insure them properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭serious3

So you've ruined a perfectly good 318is with a set of crappy coilovers, and messed up the camber to the point it's not safe to drive at reasonable road speed, you can't get over speed ramps and you want sympathy? Btw we ain't racing you were just trying to get passed a death trap on the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

serious3 wrote: »
    So you've ruined a perfectly good 318is with a set of crappy coilovers, and messed up the camber to the point it's not safe to drive at reasonable road speed, you can't get over speed ramps and you want sympathy? Btw we ain't racing you were just trying to get passed a death trap on the road

57d01abafcd20942dfa894b1bd4ef4c24e.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

How can you tell the coil overs are crap and the car is not safe to drive just from words ? Are you magic? Is that high horse magic too?

• Advertisement

tossy wrote: »
    How can you tell the coil overs are crap and the car is not safe to drive just from words ? Are you magic? Is that high horse magic too?

So you've messed the camber up so much it's running on the inside edge of the tyres, how the hell is that safer than mine running the whole of the tyre on the road? Btw Bmw spent millions developing that car to run safely on the suspension it was fitted with, with the castor and camber it was designed for only for some lad with a Halfords socket set to decide these coilovers will make it drive better some 40mm lower oh and let me see how far I can mess the camber up while I'm at it, yup that's waaaaaay safer laaaad....

So you've messed the camber up so much it's running on the inside edge of the tyres, how the hell is that safer than mine running the whole of the tyre on the road? Btw Bmw spent millions developing that car to run safely on the suspension it was fitted with, with the castor and camber it was designed for only for some lad with a Halfords socket set to decide these coilovers will make it drive better some 40mm lower oh and let me see how far I can mess the camber up while I'm at it, yup that's waaaaaay safer laaaad....

Where does it say it was running on the inside edge of the tyres ? That horse must be a show jumping horse as it's jumping to some serious conclusions.

It's entirely possible to improve a cars handling with decent coilovers and it's also entirely possible to have camber and not be running on the inside edge of the tyres and not be dangerous, but you wouldn't know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭freddieot

When I was young(er), I messed about a bit with my first few cars, even painted the writing on the tyres with white paint to make them look like racing tyres etc. Big go faster stripes, big radio antenna and all that stuff. I understand why young lads these days do up their cars. Even though I'm over 50 now, I do get it and most of these lads harm nobody and the only casualty is their own pockets :)

Personally, my racing days are over, but the car I drive is reasonably quick. I 'try' to follow the golden rule of driving, never make another driver alter anything, have to brake or have to speed up, or have to make any steering correction and you are probably doing fairly okay...

Unfortunately, like other categories of drivers, I find that I do have to pass out certain young lads who consider that the roads are basically a racing track put there for their entertainment and everyone else is in the way.

I had a young guy or gal (hard to see through the illegally tinted windows), behind me a few weeks ago, probably less than 6 inches behind the towbar at about 70k to be exact. He seemed quite irritated that I would not go faster on an 80k twisting road in the lashing rain. It was some sort of Honda accord with the lowered suspension etc. so definitely not you I know.

The reason I was going under the speed limit, quite apart from the weather, was because of the impending speed ramps. He would have seen that if he was far enough behind to see anything other than my number plate. The inevitable occurred and In can still hear the noise from behind me as he hit the ramp and then stopped. No - I did not feel sorry for him. I was lucky that I was in front and not behind. Hence you will find that a lot of drivers just like to keep well away from modified car owners as they never know what might happen next.

Again, I have nothing against young guys in souped up cars, but experience tells me to give them a wide berth whether by hanging back and letting them zoom ahead or by putting some distance between us by overtaking , whichever is the best option at the time.

I'm sorry you might feel tarred by the same brush but not that sorry since you did exactly the same tarring with your opening remarks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,459 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

I have a bmw 318is, It's lowered, Loud exhuast, Back wheels are cambered due to it being low.. Any time i'm always out driving in it there's always one person that tailgates or has to drive aggressively behind me or try and race me, It's more old lads in their bmw's and audi's that do it, When i come to speedramps i know it annoys few people that i have to go slow over them, Even when my car wasn't lowered i don't go fast over them.. I don't see why people treat others who have modified cars on the road differently and have no respect for them to those who don't, I know there's alot of other people out there who treat everybody on the road the same, But it's generally old people or people in new audi's, bmw's and mercedes who are more dangerous on the road and alot of them should have their license took off them, And i'm not saying all young lads are good drivers but there's a percentage of young lads that are actually good drivers!.. Rant over!

sounds atrocious

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joe912

9 times out of ten if a car passes you while meeting another car, passes you on a corner or a junction, it will be a Volkswagen or an audi regardless of the age of the driver.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,459 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

freddieot wrote: »
    When I was young(er), I messed about a bit with my first few cars, even painted the writing on the tyres with white paint to make them look like racing tyres etc. Big go faster stripes, big radio antenna and all that stuff. I understand why young lads these days do up their cars. Even though I'm over 50 now, I do get it and most of these lads harm nobody and the only casualty is their own pockets :)

Personally, my racing days are over, but the car I drive is reasonably quick. I 'try' to follow the golden rule of driving, never make another driver alter anything, have to brake or have to speed up, or have to make any steering correction and you are probably doing fairly okay...

Unfortunately, like other categories of drivers, I find that I do have to pass out certain young lads who consider that the roads are basically a racing track put there for their entertainment and everyone else is in the way.

I had a young guy or gal (hard to see through the illegally tinted windows), behind me a few weeks ago, probably less than 6 inches behind the towbar at about 70k to be exact. He seemed quite irritated that I would not go faster on an 80k twisting road in the lashing rain. It was some sort of Honda accord with the lowered suspension etc. so definitely not you I know.

The reason I was going under the speed limit, quite apart from the weather, was because of the impending speed ramps. He would have seen that if he was far enough behind to see anything other than my number plate. The inevitable occurred and In can still hear the noise from behind me as he hit the ramp and then stopped. No - I did not feel sorry for him. I was lucky that I was in front and not behind. Hence you will find that a lot of drivers just like to keep well away from modified car owners as they never know what might happen next.

Again, I have nothing against young guys in souped up cars, but experience tells me to give them a wide berth whether by hanging back and letting them zoom ahead or by putting some distance between us by overtaking , whichever is the best option at the time.

I'm sorry you might feel tarred by the same brush but not that sorry since you did exactly the same tarring with your opening remarks.

\o/

Erm it's stated in the opening few lines that they are cambered due to it being lowered? Did you read the opening post or just jump on the bandwagon?
    2 or 3degs of camber is enough to turn a rear drive car from being fairly safe to being prone to massive lift off oversteer, not what you want in an emergency situation on the road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,722 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

tossy wrote: »
    It's entirely possible to improve a cars handling with decent coilovers

So why don't BMW send the cars out of the factory like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

There are ass holes in every walk of life and driving every sort of vehicle, some even walk and cycle, if they are annoying you let them pass or just ignore them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Ah the school mid-term:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fmcg_scribe

Any time i'm always out driving in it there's always one person that tailgates or has to drive aggressively behind me or try and race me,

Perhaps you have a slight persecution complex. I say that for a few reasons:
    • BMW, and increasingly Audi, drivers are known for aggressive driving, including tailgating. I say that as a BMW driver. Don't feel singled out.
    • When I owned a 135i coupe and an M3 (neither was modified) I often encountered situations where other drivers would try to "take me on". When other drivers see a modified beemer, perhaps they like to see if you've the modified the engine.

I suppose that your next car will not be a modified one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭keithclancy

• BMW, and increasingly Audi, drivers are known for aggressive driving, including tailgating. I say that as a BMW driver. Don't feel singled out.
    • When I owned a 135i coupe and an M3 (neither was modified) I often encountered situations where other drivers would try "take me on". When other drivers see a modified beemer, perhaps they like to see if you've the modified the engine.

mmmm ... Its the opposite over here.
    The modified car drivers are super careful and its mostly Gob****es in Puntos and Yaris's that are driving all over the place.

Don't get me started on Golf drivers :pac::pac:

• When I owned a 135i coupe and an M3 (neither was modified) I often encountered situations where other drivers would try "take me on". When other drivers see a modified beemer, perhaps they like to see if you've the modified the engine.

Bit off topic here but fcmg you sounds like you've had a great history of cars, it always makes an interesting topic in the chat thread :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Coilovers can improve handeling IF set up properly not just fiddling untill they look the same all around.the 4 corners need to be weighed and set it's probably why people say it won't pass the test
    Can the camber be adjusted?if so it's only 50e to get it set as for the coilovers I don't even know where that could be done.

From experience and a great deal,if your going to do it do it right it's less hassle and less expensive.

As for the bad drivers they come in all makes and models

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭fmcg_scribe

YbFocus wrote: »
    Bit off topic here but fcmg you sounds like you've had a great history of cars, it always makes an interesting topic in the chat thread :)

I'm just a self-confessed car snob. I don't hide that fact. :)

However, I'm always quick to point out that choice of car can be a very personal decision - and following on from that, your choice of car can say a lot about you.

I'm interested in lots of car brands and I'm also interested in the business, technical, and design aspects of the car industry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭hi5

I you drive something a bit different your always going to attract attention, that's just the way it is, take it as a compliment!

So why don't BMW send the cars out of the factory like this?

That's a ridiculous comment, once done correctly it can far outweigh what bmw done.
    Bmw had to take into account comfort and how the car would react in situations so that the average driver won't kill themselves.

Why don't the gt3 cars etc just run oem shocks in that case?

Jesus!

I'm just a self-confessed car snob. I don't hide that fact. :)

However, I'm always quick to point out that choice of car can be a very personal decision - and following on from that, your choice of car can say a lot about you.

I'm interested in lots of car brands and I'm also interested in the business, technical, and design aspects of the car industry.

Sounds interesting man! I've only had a few cars but i want to expand that soon :)

Erm it's stated in the opening few lines that they are cambered due to it being lowered? Did you read the opening post or just jump on the bandwagon?
    2 or 3degs of camber is enough to turn a rear drive car from being fairly safe to being prone to massive lift off oversteer, not what you want in an emergency situation on the road

when someone starts a post with 'erm' 'eh' etc i always die a little inside :D

I read the some post as you and noted that there was no mention of the brand of coilovers and no mention of the amount of camber. I ran a car with decent coilovers and camber and the cars driving characteristics were improved no end, the tyres never wore unevenly and it handled like a charm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭freddieot

That's a ridiculous comment, once done correctly it can far outweigh what bmw done.
    Bmw had to take into account comfort and how the car would react in situations so that the average driver won't kill themselves.

I get it, BMW are a responsible car maker that think in terms of safety with the average driver in mind. Above average drivers need to have such modifications made in order to 'raise the car up' beyond the capabilities that BMW would usually allow for the rest of their customers, who simply would be incapable of handling such enhanced set-ups. got - it.. Everything is crystal clear now

I get it, BMW are a responsible car maker that think in terms of safety with the average driver in mind. Above average drivers need to have such modifications made in order to 'raise the car up' beyond the capabilities that BMW would usually allow for the rest of their customers, who simply would be incapable of handling such enhanced set-ups. got - it.. Everything is crystal clear now

That's her in a nutshell, must drivers are mugs but if you feel you are a better class of pilot then there are loads of mods you can make to 'soup' up your bheast and elevate yourself above the masses, it's ego modification. :rolleyes:

Well a car with a much harsher spring rate and rwd will tend to be a little harder to drive than your average wallowy saloon.

Its not to match someone's driving capabilites, many do track days etc and need this type of setup for exactly that.

I'm not going to keep going though as you seem set on sneering anyone with a modified car and mocking them with sarcastic comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭_davidsmith_

jaysus yer man serious was an awful eegit

jaysus yer man serious was an awful eegit

thank's for your intelligent, thought provoking contribution to this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭H3llR4iser

I have a bmw 318is, It's lowered, Loud exhuast, Back wheels are cambered due to it being low...

Purely from an enthusiast's point of view, if your rear wheels are visibly cambered because the car is so low it's the only way to avoid the tire rubbing against the wheel arch, I have to tell you that you have a wrong setup on it. Also, I wouldn't be a fan of the "loud exhaust", but I wouldn't be against a sporty system that enhances the note of the engine.

In the end, it's your car and provided it complies with the mandatory road safety directives and passes the NCT, it's yours to like.

Any time i'm always out driving in it there's always one person that tailgates or has to drive aggressively behind me or try and race me, It's more old lads in their bmw's and audi's that do it, When i come to speedramps i know it annoys few people that i have to go slow over them...

Happens to me as well, my car is not modified in any way. I find this kind of behaviour, especially about ramps, to be rather widespread - both men and women regardless of what they drive. Get it from ladies in their 50s in their Avensis and 20-something guys in Fiestas. Seem to be somewhat more frequent in SUV/Off-Road vehicles drivers.

The simple answer is, they are complete tools that do not know how a car works and don't care the least. I used to live in street whose developers tried to attract some winter tourism by replicating the Himalaya range with the tallest, sharpest, meanest ramps I've ever seen. One of them sat just outside my window and believe me,most people simply "flew" on them, coming down with a huge crash-bang of front splitter, underframe and sometimes sump on the other side. The same cars day after day; They knew well the ramp was there, but yet they choose to take it at speed.

No matter how much the idiot behind tailgates, beeps or gestures, I know the high double wishbones at the front and the multilink at the rear don't like ramps and I will slow down accordingly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

Just a couple of observations:

1. Who says that a decent set of coilovers, and springs, can improve the handling of a vehicle.? Is it the companies who manufacture, and sell them..?
    I've never read a car brochure that says 'Handling can be improved by adding third party parts'

2. Is there a reason insurance companies load the premiums of modified cars..? And, could some of the reason be that a lot of people do not declare the modifications..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,027 ✭✭✭Wossack

1. Who says that a decent set of coilovers, and springs, can improve the handling of a vehicle.? Is it the companies who manufacture, and sell them..?
    I've never read a car brochure that says 'Handling can be improved by adding third party parts'

2. Is there a reason insurance companies load the premiums of modified cars..? And, could some of the reason be that a lot of people do not declare the modifications..?

real head scratcher this one...

1a. Doesnt everyone? 1b. Including them yes (companies exposed advertising their own products shocker). 1c. Car brochures dont tell you a lot of things

2a. Loads of reasons, for example; Modified cars are more expensive to insure, as theyre more expensive in the first place. For insurance company to replace it, it has to be bought stock, and then modified parts added again to it. 2b. Everyones insurance is a little bit higher due to people making false declarations, so I suppose yes in part

1. George have you ever had the chance to drive a car with coilovers/setup suspension?

If you have you wouldn't be asking that question in reality actually.
    It makes the world of difference, crisp turn in rather than the first second of steering traipse being the car shifting all its weight to the outside of the corner.
    It also makes the car much easier to predict. Not that it will track like a train but that it will always do the same thing each time.

None of these things are any real use on the road but for where coilovers are meant to be they are second to none.

If it were the case that they made no noticeable difference then why don't the touring car
    series's use standard suspension because they have no real aero updates over standard models. So obviously they are slower than there Road going counterparts.

Road suspension is so you don't spill your coffee, wake your child or notice that pothole you hit.

Coilovers get you through any given corner as quickly as that car can manage AND much quicker than a standard setup car.

2. Definitely agree that some do not declare mods without a doubt but that is a given with any type of driver. Some don't declare points, some don't bring qualified drivers with them. Hell, some don't even get insurance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Wossack wrote: »
    rModified cars are more expensive to insure, as theyre more expensive in the first place.

No, insurance companies don't really care much what your car costs. If it was just your car, then third party costs would not be loaded. The big expense for the insurance company is when you put another driver into a wheelchair and he needs care for life.

Insurance companies clearly know (based on their statistics for all accidents) that modified cars are simply more likely to crash.

In some cases, it's because they are badly modified, but I think most modifications don't do anything to safety, they just look stupid and make the car louder. I think it's more likely that modified cars are driven by inexperienced drivers full of testosterone who think they are immortal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

well done on quoting Jeremy Clarkson word for word...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I drive something that really looks "modified", even if there is almost feck all done to it. Damn scoobies look like modified tramps right off the factory! :pac:
    Surprisingly most other drivers are very kind and respectful to me on the road. Specially in local town. I never wait too long when I need to get out for junction etc. There will be always a kind person to let me out, and I will let out others when I can. On top of that I am a big fella with a beard, so maybe I am not seen as a young boy racer prick. Or maybe people in local town are just generally nice.
    Yes, now and then I get passats and audis, who are just being Dicks, but I doubt they are set off by my scooby. It's just them being Dicks in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Daaryl

First off all, I'm not using coilovers, It's lowering springs, By Apexi! Second on all, If you lower a E36 you get camber but not much! So know what you're talking about before you post something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,823 ✭✭✭✭bear1

joe912 wrote: »
    9 times out of ten if a car passes you while meeting another car, passes you on a corner or a junction, it will be a Volkswagen or an audi regardless of the age of the driver.

Nice statistic there, can you back it up?

Bit of an overreaction isn't it? How can you judge the car without even seeing it let alone drive it.
    He never said he can't get over speed bumps, he said that he goes much slower over them and that he did the same when the car was of normal height.
    I also go slow over speed bumps so that I don't feck up my sump or other damage.
    Who's 'we"? I haven't met the OP on the road, have you? And if I did and they were driving the limit or just above I wouldn't try to get passed him to avoid a "deathtrap" (btw and I may be wrong, but it sounds like you aren't entirely confident behind the wheel if by not liking a car you need to move out of it's way asap).
    Calm down :)

First off all, I'm not using coilovers, It's lowering springs, By Apexi! Second on all, If you lower a E36 you get camber but not much! So know what you're talking about before you post something!
    Oooooh apexi! I bow down to your superior knowledge oh wise one, forgive me for offering my opinion that might differ from yours.

I'm still standing by my comment of getting the hell away from any shed/Barry'd/modified/skangerd death trap ruined on his mums drive.

• Advertisement

:rolleyes:

Oooooh apexi! I bow down to your superior knowledge oh wise one, forgive me for offering my opinion that might differ from yours.

I'm still standing by my comment of getting the hell away from any shed/Barry'd/modified/skangerd death trap ruined on his mums drive.

Awh somebody's upset..

Awh somebody's upset..

Nope just I never argue with idiots, you can't win as they have more experience

Jaysus you sound like a right laugh serious3 :D

That's nice..

stood me in good stead so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭djflawless

is it not just common knowledge that a decent set of coilovers/lowering springs improve on handling capabilities??
    i seem to remember a science class where we talked of lower centre of gravity etc
    plus Imo a car seems to shift weight a little better when its on the lowered,stiffened suspension set up
    i am a bit of a car modder and although there are some things i don't agree with (exhaust "coo'ing' in diesels, them bbs rims that look like they came off a scobes neck etc) i still believe in each to their own.
    we are helping keep people in jobs.
    90% of us take pride in our cars
    the aul stereotype will always be there tho, especially when there is clowns who should sit a test for a dog license!!

The reason above is why you've had very little interaction from anyone in this thread.
    Stop being such a Prick, no doubt have your own opinion but don't attack people and tell them they're wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

I get the same in my stock 320ci. Don't worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭visual

djflawless wrote: »
    is it not just common knowledge that a decent set of coilovers/lowering springs improve on handling capabilities??
    i seem to remember a science class where we talked of lower centre of gravity etc
    plus Imo a car seems to shift weight a little better when its on the lowered,stiffened suspension set up
    i am a bit of a car modder and although there are some things i don't agree with (exhaust "coo'ing' in diesels, them bbs rims that look like they came off a scobes neck etc) i still believe in each to their own.
    we are helping keep people in jobs.
    90% of us take pride in our cars
    the aul stereotype will always be there tho, especially when there is clowns who should sit a test for a dog license!!

Science class and automotive class might have a different view.

Unless you know what your at changing a couple of suspension parts without taking account of the effect it has on wishbones control arms often result in the caster being wrong and it only gets worse when suspension is loaded or cornering. Little or no thought is given to anti roll bar and drop links or that suspension will bottom out much sooner.

So a young lad fits lowering springs over size wheels has wrong camber all so it visually looks cooler (eye of beholder). Its their car but proclaiming its for performance is stretching the truth.

There is a world of a difference between a track car on a smooth flat track to belting along on bumpy uneven side roads.

But we or at least I done crazy things to cars when I was younger. Like fitting wheels on wrong way so it change the offset on my min.i
    My mechanic went bananas. Fitted a rear fog light in rear window as break light garda gave me hassle. Now all cars have 3rd break light and you can buy alloys with different offsets

so like to see modifications on cars some are good some are just show some I can't figure out what the though behind it was but each to their own

• Advertisement
Advertisement