Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

how to bleed a sealed clutch system?

• 15-05-2013 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

recently enough the clutch master cylinder failed in my doblo, the plastic plunger, which is metal on most cars failed and fiat would not supply the plunger on its own, anyway my indy got the replacement for me, which came with a metal plunger and he fitted it but had a terrible hard time bleeding it because theres no nipples on the system, he eventually got to the point that he had a working but spongey pedal and i took it back to see how well it bled out on its own, with time the pedal is back upto where it used to be almost.

my mech asked me to go online and see could i find any sort of easier method(he doesnt own a computer) does anybody know the proper way to do it, apparently its somthing that both fiat and renault do, any googling ive done just leads me to accounts of people who cant bleed it properly,

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

Rise up the front only, use a scissors or 4 post lift and if you raise it about a meter, and use a pressure bleeder it will bleed.
    Your basically rising the slave cylinder above the level of the master

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

thanks for the reply, the impression i got though is that there isnt a nipple on the master or slave cylinder at all? I could be wrong on that mind you. ill get back onto him with this info and see what he says.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭crosshair1

I cant recall whether its a nipple or the pipe partially unclips at the slave to release the fluid, surely your mechanic can figure that out.
    you will still need to rise the front though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

There should be a bleed nipple on the slave cylinder on the Fiats.

Advertisement