Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want install aux in 530 BMW

Options
  • 15-05-2013 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi dear
    I have 530 BMW. It has CD player and radio. I want to use my iPod. Any idea how can I install a aux in it.

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Moved from Open Source.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

regana wrote: »
    Hi dear
    I have 530 BMW. It has CD player and radio. I want to use my iPod. Any idea how can I install a aux in it.

It all depends on the model and year, a few different ways to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭bmstuff

If you have a E39, you can go the cheap way by plugin an AUX plug to the back of the radio for a few quids (About 20-25) if your car is a 2002/2003 model (No Aux input before that). Or you can do yourself a favour and install a proper "AUX" solution such as the Grom Audio that will have more features (BT, Phone charging, steering wheel buttons working...).

If you have a E6x you can get the AUX input retrofit kit for about 70 euros. The car will need to be coded too. You can't control songs from the iDrive nor you can switch songs from the steering wheel.
    If you have a E60, you should get a Dension 500

Other cheap solutions are available too, some Motorola kit are available for about 60-70 euros. Allows music streaming back to the original radio. I am not too familiar with these.

Advertisement