Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ABS ring

Options
  • 04-05-2013 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭

Would anyone know how much it would cost to replace an ABS ring on a '00 Nissan Primera, parts & labour? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Any idea on this lads? Have to make a decision on a potential purchase by tomorrow and this info will determine if I take the car or not. Thanks.

Have a (silly?) question about the ABS on a '00 Primera P11.

I assume both drive shafts are supposed to have reluctor rings on them? I was looking at one today that has an ABS light on the dash and it appears that the one on the offside front wheel is missing, hence the dash light. Does this sound correct?

If it is missing, how much would it cost to get the drive shaft replaced? Drive shafts are only about €30-€40 on eBay :), about €100 on the likes of micksgarage.ie. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

The ring is on the CV joint. The get chipped by stones easily.
    Best to replace the whole CV joint I think. Probably 100€ ++ to replace each.

JoeySully wrote: »
    The ring is on the CV joint. The get chipped by stones easily.
    Best to replace the whole CV joint I think. Probably 100€ ++ to replace each.

Found the CV joint on eBay for €15 and used Parcel Motel for some cheaper shipping ;)

Local mechanic will replace the joint for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

Buy a good CV boot, the one supplied may be a cheap one and will probably rip and feck the CV up again.

• Advertisement

CV joint kit arrived today. Boot cover seems to be quite sturdy considering the price of the kit. The grease bag burst in transit though :(

2wofyfm.jpg

Boot might seem sturdy to you, but the joint is cheap for a reason and the easy way to cut the cost is put a cheap boot with it. Long term I think you would be better off getting a good boot, the joints tend to fail short term due to the boots ripping and letting the grease out and dirt in.

So you'd recommend a separate boot from a motor factors?

kkelly77 wrote: »
    So you'd recommend a separate boot from a motor factors?

Yes. Get a good quality one. Less chance of it splitting on it own.

Advertisement