Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Now would be a good time for a real life Batman

• 29-08-2012 11:28am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭

It strikes me that everyone has their tipping point when it comes to being unjustly treated.
    The crusty/student element put most people off joining the "Occupy" movement.
    The Union/Shiner brigade put me off attending any rallies here, not that there's been many.

Can the ruling classes expect to see through this crisis without people pushing for a real alternative.
    I am still surprised that none of the principals of our disgrace haven't met an untimely end & I hope it never happens.
    I often wonder if these people spend time looking over their shoulder.
    A society which imprisons an mother of four for an unpaid TV licence yet allows a speculator who burdens the state with billions in losses to walk free is inviting vigilantism.

Of course Batman is a fictitious character & a frivolous example but there doesn't seem to be any champion of the people out there, sad really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Off ya go.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Rabidlamb wrote: »
    It strikes me that everyone has their tipping point when it comes to being unjustly treated.
    The Union/Shiner brigade put me off attending any rallies here, not that there's been many.

Can the ruling classes expect to see through this crisis without people pushing for a real alternative.
    I am still surprised that none of the principals of our disgrace haven't met an untimely end & I hope it never happens.
    A society which imprisons an mother of four for an unpaid TV licence yet allows a speculator who burdens the state with billions in losses to walk free is inviting vigilantism.

Of course Batman is a fictitious character & a frivolous example but there doesn't seem to be any champion of the people out there, sad really.

You never know!

Biffo might make a return! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

Yes. Either because they wont bother or wont see it through.

Irish people are strokers at heart. If you came back here in 1000 years time people will still be doing business the same way

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Biggins wrote: »

As Bane?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

You re a real life joker . Ha ha ha ha ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Batman could clean up the boardwalk for a start

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Why does this forum always descend into a thankswhoring pun-fest? It's sad

Smyth wrote: »

Hmmm. Someone is crap at pun based jokes AND thankswhoring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Biggins wrote: »
    You never know!

Biffo in a skin tight rubber suit, and Mary Harney as Cat Woman!

Good Jaysus!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭AeoNGriM

Nucky will not be pleased......

In fairness, what you describe would be more like Bane's rhetoric.

Where would the Boardwalk Boys go then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Whatever happened to The_Citizen?

He'd do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Red21

You want batman to come to a country where it's not unusual to live in houses with ensuite bathrooms to save them from the pain of finiancial difficulty, I could think of a few better places he might decide to set up shop.
    I can never understand what all this recession sh*te people are bangin on about over the last few years is all about. I earn way less than the average wage yet i've everything I need, and still have lots of cash left over.
    Of course some folks are in a different situation , they've no job or whatever, such people also existed before 2006, I don't live in a wealthy area but I can honestly say I don't know a single Irish person that I feel sorry for where money is concerned.
    I reckon the amount of people that are really struggling is very very vsmall and blown way outta proportion by the media.
    Night after night on t.v and the net people are banging on about this tax that charge and how much such and such a fella earns. I reckon i've less than most people I know, yet I live like a king and couldn't give a toss about all that recession sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

Bad Panda wrote: »

Hmmm. Someone is crap at pun based jokes AND thankswhoring.

:(

I'll do better next time. Promise.

Red21 wrote: »
    You want batman to come to a country where it's not unusual to live in houses with ensuite bathrooms to save them from the pain of finiancial difficulty, I could think of a few better places he might decide to set up shop.
    I can never understand what all this recession sh*te people are bangin on about over the last few years is all about. I earn way less than the average wage yet i've everything I need, and still have lots of cash left over.
    Of course some folks are in a different situation , they've no job or whatever, such people also existed before 2006, I don't live in a wealthy area but I can honestly say I don't know a single Irish person that I feel sorry for where money is concerned.
    I reckon the amount of people that are really struggling is very very vsmall and blown way outta proportion by the media.
    Night after night on t.v and the net people are banging on about this tax that charge and how much such and such a fella earns. I reckon i've less than most people I know, yet I live like a king and couldn't give a toss about all that recession sh!te.

First world problems, eh?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Yeah that's what the occupy movement was supposed to be, much respect to them. What did most Irish people think? Bloody layabouts etc.
    I'm in favour of shorter working hours, shops closing on Sundays, and a general winding down of capitalism to a sustainable level (capitalism and sustainable are probably words that should not be in the same sentence however).

Would people ever be comfortable with the less is more ideal? More free time, more family time, but less stuff? Who really needs all this rubbish we waste our money on?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Whatever happened to The_Citizen?

He'd do it.

He was a tosser. And all talk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

If there was a real Bruce Wayne I'd prefer if he just gave his cash away rather than squander it on utility belts and armoured suits with large cod pieces.

Bad Panda wrote: »
    He was a tosser. And all talk.

.... or was he? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Reg Hunter makes a good point on this issue.

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    .... or was he? :cool:

Dunno, you tell us?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Without thanks whoring, there are +1's.

Its all just banter though, it'd be here without the thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

geeky wrote: »
    Reg Hunter makes a good point on this issue.

:D:D
    Brilliant, I have to see more of that comic.

juan.kerr wrote: »
    Dunno, you tell us?

.... or maybe I will?

Advertisement