Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I wish they would stop changing the designs of socks

• 29-08-2012 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭

...I mean people dont go out and buy the latest trends, do they? All that happens is that you have to spend time matching them up.

I always get similar styles and colours from the same places, but the new ones never match older ones enough to form pairs. I want to just have a pile of identical socks I can grab two out of and not need to worry about anything apart from holes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

If you want a pile of identical socks, then buy plain black socks in Pennies, they cost fcuk all and they stand up to around 20 washes. When you are running low, just buy more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

tl;dr?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

...I mean people dont go out and buy the latest trends, do they? All that happens is that you have to spend time matching them up.

I always get similar styles and colours from the same places, but the new ones never match older ones enough to form pairs. I want to just have a pile of identical socks I can grab two out of and not need to worry about anything apart from holes.

Eh, how much time do you need to match your bloody socks?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

If you want a pile of identical socks, then buy plain black socks in Pennies, they cost fcuk all and they stand up to around 20 washes. When you are running low, just buy more.
    I thought that was what I'd already been doing.
    Still lots of variations.
    Maybe it's the influence of getting many in tesco.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I hate it too. The fecken hole should be in the same place on all socks. I find after washing them it often moves, making it impossible to wear them again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I just wear gloves on my feet

Duggy747 wrote: »
    oh you cheeky monkey..

Bad Panda wrote: »
    Eh, how much time do you need to match your bloody socks?!
    Many, many seconds; sometimes as much as a minute. Probably an easy 3 hours a year. A good week taken out of my life overall - out of the best parts of it too - not going to bother wearing matching socks when I'm properly old. It's a serious issue

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

The worst socks are the ones that have the sewn seal right along your toes. If you wear them inside out they end up digging into your toes, so you have to turn them the other way, so the ridge is then sticking into your shoe upwards, as oppose to downwards into your toes.

Just means you can only get one days wear out of them. None of this turning them inside out business.

Pesky toes in the wrong place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Where can I get those nice thick Wilson socks?

I used always get them in Penney's but haven't seen them recently.

They last ages but I'm due a few replacement pairs at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Ffs just get into Penneys and buy a load of identical jet black socks! However good luck getting in and out of Penneys alive, you'd want danger money trying to thread your way thru all them ould wans in that place, one minute you are thinking you've avoided them all and "Boom!" it's a renegade handbag to the head :eek:

hardCopy wrote: »
    Where can I get those nice thick Wilson socks?

I used always get them in Penney's but haven't seen them recently.

They last ages but I'm due a few replacement pairs at this stage.

They still have shitloads of them in Penneys tho they may now be Umbro (basically the same sock tho!) Pretty sure I saw them in Champion Sports the other day and Lifestyle were selling the Kappa version of them, 3 pairs for a fiver!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

But the problem is, if you look really closely, theyre just very very very very very very dark navy.

Do you know any priests OP?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Duggy747 wrote: »

But don't you have an awful time trying to find a pair of matching gloves first thing in the morning ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Lapin wrote: »
    But don't you have an awful time trying to find a pair of matching gloves first thing in the morning ?

True, at that point I just use blue plastic bags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

black or wwhite. Don't pay much attention to those new trendy socks. However, if you're getting a pair of black ones, get them plain. There's nothing worse than seeing a suited man's trouser leg accidentally rise above the ankle, allowing an Umbro logo to be seen in full view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I used to wear white socks with pink pigs on them. I was going through my flamboyant stage.

old hippy wrote: »
    I used to wear white socks with pink pigs on them. I was going through my flamboyant raging homosexual stage.

FYP ;)

:p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I don't even bother doing this. I wear runners and jeans that go over my ankles. No one can see my socks unless I take my Runners off. If anyone makes comment, I say "no they aren't odd, one's for the left and the other the right."

kfallon wrote: »
    FYP ;)

:p

I regret nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

kfallon wrote: »
    Ffs just get into Penneys and buy a load of identical jet black socks! However good luck getting in and out of Penneys alive, you'd want danger money trying to thread your way thru all them ould wans in that place, one minute you are thinking you've avoided them all and "Boom!" it's a renegade handbag to the head

you have to go to Habit-Hat for the black socks, Penny's or anywhere else are just very very very very very very dark blue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

Wear odd socks

sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

The simple solution is to become incredably rich and never have to wear the same socks twice.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Bitches dont know about my 100 pairs of interchangable black Wilson socks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...II wish they would stop changing the designs of socks...
    :mad:

I would never have my Winnie The Pooh ones if they did that! :o

Boring grey! :(

Todays socks are navy blue and purple with "Friday" written on them :D

Advertisement