Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beechpark and Beechpark West

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

It was, until some little scumbags ran amok. I live around the corner and had my tires slashed (not one, but two) around the same time. I'm led to believe it's the same scumbags in question.

Also, they're minors so they won't be named.

Putting in CCTV is all well and good, but only if it's monitored. Very hard to identify someone in a hoody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Long Gone wrote: »
    What on earth is going on in the Beechpark and Beechpark West area ? - I remember the area as quiet, safe and peaceful. A really nice area to live in.

http://www.advertiser.ie/athlone/article/72169/anti-social-behaviour-a-concern-for-beechpark-residents

Don't forget Sli An Aifreann is behind it Beechpark. Always a source of trouble. Lot of bowsies lived there.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Don't forget Sli An Aifreann is behind it Beechpark. Always a source of trouble. Lot of bowsies lived there.

Bowsies ? In Sli An Aifreann ? - Never !

Do ya remember the "black magic" goings on there back in the day ?

You must be joking. Fires and thieving of bicycles as well as damage to houses and cars and also shoplifting. Some of them looked outwardly respectable but they were absolute knackers.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Do ya remember the "black magic" goings on there back in the day ?

I remember hearing that years ago but though it was BS!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

charlieIRL wrote: »
    I remember hearing that years ago but though it was BS!!

I'd love to know the full story behind it and to have some hints at who the characters who were involved were. I think the events were real enough. I remember us being warned in school (Marist Primary) not to get involved. Not sure what year it was, but it must be getting on for almost 40 years ago now.....

I heard of one guy who was supposed to have lost his memory. The priests were going around visiting houses of those involved.

Advertisement