Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tsunmai bomb

• 20-02-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

anyone heard of them? (if there not punk sorry)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Yea. Well... one song. Take The Reins. It's good. Saw them support eh... The Vandals I think a few years ago in the Ambassador. They were good.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

They aren't too bad. The singers voice gets a bit annoying. I had a few live videos of them and she went insanely out of tune quite a bit. That might have been the venues fault tho....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Saw them with the Vandals too, they were alright, better than the other support band that was with them anyway.

No Very Good Bad Day is the only song I remember by them. It's alright

Great night that was though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Better than Audio Karate? I think not! Those guys are class.

Edit: [punk] imo [/punk]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I think they're pretty good but I'm an absolute sucker for any punk with a female vocalist (The Eyeliners, The Distillers to name but a couple) so I may be biased. I saw them at the Vandals and I was pretty impressed, preferred them to Audio Karate anyway (and definitely to the Vandals who *sucked* that night!). I've never been able to find their records in stock anywhere though, eventually imported a couple but cost me a bomb. Anyone seen any of their LPs for sale in Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭drummer 666

I think they're pretty good but I'm an absolute sucker for any punk with a female vocalist (The Eyeliners, The Distillers to name but a couple) so I may be biased. I saw them at the Vandals and I was pretty impressed, preferred them to Audio Karate anyway (and definitely to the Vandals who *sucked* that night!). I've never been able to find their records in stock anywhere though, eventually imported a couple but cost me a bomb. Anyone seen any of their LPs for sale in Dublin?

you could try soundcellar, they'll order stuff in if someone really wants it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Graham Day

The singer. Agent M from tsunami bomb is fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

what a usefull comment

She is fine though, and I know ya can order stuff in but I'd rather just skip the middle man and import it direct... besides SoundCellar are ropey with ordering things in... they lie like dogs. And Amazon.com is pretty fast/cheap for ordering anything that isn't *completely* obscure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

He's only being honest :D
    tbbandphoto.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

damn the guys not being fine too

i still like them tho, i have the ultimate escape and a few other definitive act songs from the free cds that magazines have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

They're pretty good. You can generally get their stuff in Tower.

Bob wrote:
    She is fine though, and I know ya can order stuff in but I'd rather just skip the middle man and import it direct... besides SoundCellar are ropey with ordering things in... they lie like dogs. And Amazon.com is pretty fast/cheap for ordering anything that isn't *completely* obscure.

yeah she is. lol, if you mean Soundcellar Lie aswell, they don't for my da, cause he helped them out or something like that and drove the manager to work or something, so I get discounts:D

You couldn't [get their stuff in Tower] a couple of years ago, Dermo and I literally went in every day from December 8th 2002 until sometime in January looking for them and asking them (repeatedly) to order them in!

Bob wrote:
    You couldn't [get their stuff in Tower] a couple of years ago, Dermo and I literally went in every day from December 8th 2002 until sometime in January looking for them and asking them (repeatedly) to order them in!

lol, sounds like you guys were egere(SP?) to get some Tsunami Bomb material..I might be getting some out of my bday money after I get the new equipment for my drums, so you'll benefit out of it aswell :p

I was in yesterday and I'm pretty sure they had them. They've expanded a lot since they added the Punk section.

They probably do have them now... but if anyone's in Tower do yourself a favour and buy Punk-O-Rama Vol. 9, 'tis the best compilation of recently released punk you're gonna find. And it has a DVD with it! And it's only 8 euro! Win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

yeah Tower do have the definitive act in there now, their new album
    I prefer some of their older stuff from their split EP's but really want to see them live again

cool, are they cheap? the Cd's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

nope, never cheap!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I've got 5 or 6 of their tracks which I aquired from tinternet. They're pretty similar to the Distillers, maybe a little more raw and tuneful. Take a bit of getting used to.

More raw than the Distillers? o_0 I am not in agreement!

I agree with the above disagreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

yea, agant ms voice is too pretty

Dermo wrote:
    nope, never cheap!!!!

ahh crap, I was planning on getting new stuff for my drums and with whatwas left I was gonna buysomealbums of various artists....until my ****ing PC's power supply goes cause I accidently flicked a switch andit blew...****ing fantastical, so now I have to buy a new Pc or see if I can get my one fixed until I have the money for a new one...great

oh and for those who would care...MAIDEN are coming to ireland in august31st!!!! CAN@TWAIT!!!!!!!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Aye - actually - upon a direct comparison - I've just decided that they're about the same level of rawness - but two quite different styles. Prefer the Distillers though, I have to admit.

To me, rawness is Brody's harsh vocals that can be nigh on impossible to decipher upon first hearing... whereas the context you're using it in seems to relate to the production values. I see where you're coming from but rawness will always mean Brody's borderline shouting rather than singing whereas Agent M is definitely more of a vocalist although both bands work is raw in the sense that you can tell is hasn't been overproduced.

wow, this thread died

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Why the hell don't people just download the albums here?

• Advertisement

Why the hell don't people just download the albums here?
    Hello warez monkey lawsuit. Take my pants PLEASE!!!!!Not denying these things, but I wouldnt "get" an album from a band if I don't really like what I've heard. And not everyone's got broadband.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

well lawsuits aside, its a damn easier than ordering from america or even sound celler

Eh right, but you're not allowed to talk about it here.I know there's no charter on this board.......or mod...but yeah, it's a no no.

ah i see, suppose so... :eek: boo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

well i don't like them. and if you READ the thread that is also the general concensus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

welll you didnt read it close enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Finch*

ultimate escape is a good album, take the reigns is a class song, i saw it in HMV in tiwn for $35 and was like wtf, so i went up to the counter and asked, they sold it to me for $14, bargain tbh. that was when it first came out tho so i doubt the y still have it, tower is ur best bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 snotRAG

Punk-O-Rama 9 is the biggest bag of s*** i've bought in years!!! Ya cud do yr self a favour and get 6 dutchie instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

nah its not really I was listenin to it last night

• Advertisement

Go listen to some decent Irish punk here:
    http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~dregin/audio/audiofiles/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭ANarcho-Munk

That's not punk, that's jazz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

Dead Girls...is that dead girls and boys?

Advertisement