Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sound Recordist needed

Options
  • 11-08-2014 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I'm producing a short film with director Enda O'Connor and we are looking for a sound guy/girl who might be free for a day. It's a no budget short unfortunately but will hopefully lead to more (paid) work down the line. We will be shooting in Dublin shortly so pm if interested. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Hi.

Just wondering did you u find someone for your production.

A little about me....

Film Sound Recorder & Mixer Available for your project - Looking to gain experience.

Hi.

Im a film sound recorder & mixer looking to build on my experience of recording audio in the field.

Im Dublin Based.

I have a huge amount of experience, recording dialogue, bands, voice over. Most of this work has been studio based - My own studio which I ran for several years.

Recently I have become very interested in recording location sound for film and looking to build some more experience.

I have my own equipment, mics, booms, recorders, mixers and monitoring systems to record most productions.
    Im also very experienced using pro tools, mixing and editing audio for film.

So if your looking for a sound recorder/ mixer for your production. Give me a shout. Maybe we can help each other out.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jmdesign1

Hi, we did shoot that short already. We are in pre production on another one. If you had a list of equipment you had it would be very useful. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Black Rose Studio

Hey.

Ok here's my list.

Mics - Rode NTG-3, Audio-Technica AT4053b, Neumann TLM 103, Audix SCX1/HC

Mixer - sound devices 302 mixer. RME 800

Recorder - Zoom H4N. RME 800. Will be upgrading to sound devices 702 very soon.

Boom Pole,

Rycote Super Shield Kit, wind- jammer

Lots of cabling. Mic stands if needed.

Headphones - DT100'S

Headphone amp

XLR Signal Splitters.

I don't own a wireless lav kit, but if need I rent the industry standard seinnheiser kit. I dont use them enough to justify keeping them.

Pro Tools - Would consider myself to have advanced editing skills. Using the software years.

Mac Book Pro.

Fully qualified sound engineer - Poppy Hill 2008 - http://www.poppyschool.com

Anything I need for a job I can get my hands on.

Helpful.

Rob

Advertisement