Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a driver/help for European dates in November...

Options
  • 10-09-2012 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

3-piece group with own van, looking for a driver who :

a) has time off from whatever he/she does in their everyday life for about 2 to 2 and 1/2 weeks
    b) has a sense of humour, adventure, hygiene
    c) is available to drive around Europe in November ... oh, and -- MUST -- be responsible/reliable!

Accommodation is included (provided by booking agent), we just need a driver to share the workload. Clean driver's license, naturally! Taking in a good number of cities in Europe. Some kind of fee to be pre-arranged, though seems like most of the costs will go into diesel!

PM me if you're interested, and let me know how serious you are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Not being funny but you might be better off trying to find a mate who would be into doing this for you. It could be very difficult to find someone who would be willing for European style mileage (i.e. lots and lots of it) for little or no fee. You're talking hours on the road here. If you are taking "good number of cities in Europe", you could be facing 5/6 hour drives between them. Believe me, I know. It certainly wouldn't be a holiday by any stretch of the imagination. Surely the booking agent has allowed for a fee for a driver? Or if not, maybe you should consider taking less of a performance fee yourselves and giving this to a driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mouse.on.mars

We've had plenty of interest on this ad, as it happens.
    Is this a thread spoil because I didn't answer your PM asking who our booking agent is?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Is this a thread spoil because I didn't answer your PM asking who our booking agent is?
    Please don't snipe at other users. Referencing the content of PMs in public is bad form and I think galwaybabe made a perfectly valid point. If you don't want to answer her PM that's between the two of you. No one else needs to know.

Malice wrote: »
    Please don't snipe at other users. Referencing the content of PMs in public is bad form and I think galwaybabe made a perfectly valid point. If you don't want to answer her PM that's between the two of you. No one else needs to know.

Her point being ....? That she knows how much we're paying for this? Because that's what she stated.

Good grief...you're jumpy aren't you! It certainly isn't intended to be a "thread spoil" and I couldn't give a ****e whether you replied to my PM or not to be honest. Equally, I couldn't give a ****e how much you get paid for your tour and nowhere in my post did I indicate that I did know.
    Is it high up on that horse of yours? Maybe you could use it to get you around Europe. ;)

• Advertisement

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Good grief...you're jumpy aren't you! It certainly isn't intended to be a "thread spoil" and I couldn't give a ****e whether you replied to my PM or not to be honest. Equally, I couldn't give a ****e how much you get paid for your tour and nowhere in my post did I indicate that I did know.
    Is it high up on that horse of yours? Maybe you could use it to get you around Europe. ;)

For someone who couldn't give an ***e, you spend a lot of time posting on my threads. Sigh....

For someone who couldn't give an ***e, you spend a lot of time posting on my threads. Sigh....
    As far as I know I have only ever responded to one of your threads before and it was this one where you were looking for advice for small bands touring Europe - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79288338

Was genuinely offering advice gained from experience to you in both that thread and this. My turn to sigh....

galwaybabe wrote: »
    As far as I know I have only ever responded to one of your threads before and it was this one where you were looking for advice for small bands touring Europe - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=79288338

Was genuinely offering advice gained from experience to you in both that thread and this. My turn to sigh....

Yes. Yes of course. Your "advice" is most appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

It seemed like pretty reasonable advice to me. :confused: If you are serious about finding help for your tour I dont think this thread is painting you in a very favorable/friendly light. Maybe its time to step away from the computer!

It seemed like pretty reasonable advice to me. :confused: If you are serious about finding help for your tour I dont think this thread is painting you in a very favorable/friendly light. Maybe its time to step away from the computer!

Driver already sorted -cheers for your help guys... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Sounds like 'fun', two and a half weeks, five in a van, hissy fits included.

Cedrus wrote: »
    Sounds like 'fun', two and a half weeks, five in a van, hissy fits included.

4, not 5.

Sounds like jealous venom to me, lol :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

best of luck with the trip guys, come back like the Beatles. (lucky feckers)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

mouse.on.mars warned for not heeding moderator instruction and thread closed since a driver has been found.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement