Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2011/2012

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Silly to point to one incident and say it would be responsible for City not winning the title in fairness!

Hope hes out but not getting too excited yet, looking forward to this match more then any other for a long time, could be a really special game of football, Mancini has to go for the win, the draw is no good so can see us setting up to try and smash it early but play a mostly counter attacking game other then that. Suffocate the middle and try to catch ye on the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

kryogen wrote: »
    Silly to point to one incident and say it would be responsible for City not winning the title in fairness!

Hope hes out but not getting too excited yet, looking forward to this match more then any other for a long time, could be a really special game of football, Mancini has to go for the win, the draw is no good so can see us setting up to try and smash it early but play a mostly counter attacking game other then that. Suffocate the middle and try to catch ye on the break.

Well if City don't beat United it's title over barring an incredible United collapse. Toure is such an influential player that I think City have a far less chance of beating ye without him. Anyway we await the outcome with interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Stupid thing to get a ban for tbh spur of the moment thing but with Suarez already banned this season for similar Toure will be gone most likely. Could cost City the title

It will have some impact but overall I don't think he will make that much of an impact. He has been largely onimous in previous meetings. He is, as much as some disagree, over-rated. It will make the Mid deeper, with De Jong the likely replacement. But then again he might go with Milner instead with Kolarov on the wing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

It will have some impact but overall I don't think he will make that much of an impact. He has been largely onimous in previous meetings. He is, as much as some disagree, over-rated. It will make the Mid deeper, with De Jong the likely replacement. But then again he might go with Milner instead with Kolarov on the wing.

When Toure came off injured against Arsenal, Pizarro was brought on so I assume he could well be the one to replace him if Toure does get the ban hammer?

Think Pizarro is a lovely footballer myself, great first touch and a quality passer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

"Gesture"

You can't really argue with it. All they need to prove is that it was directed at the fans and he's out. As article says, precedent set with Suarez, £20,000 fine + 1 game ban. No appeal. It is hard to see him playing a part in the derby tbf.

There's no context to that photo, he could be gesturing, innocently even to a team-mate, there's no way he will be banned over that. Unless there's TV footage I didn't catch yesterday that shows anything more definitively?

karma_ wrote: »
    There's no context to that photo, he could be gesturing, innocently even to a team-mate, there's no way he will be banned over that. Unless there's TV footage I didn't catch yesterday that shows anything more definitively?

Perhaps he caught a glimpse of Balotelli in the stand? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭DoctorGonzo08

Apparently the whole gesture is rubbish. I should have known better than to believe the bloody telegraph. The context was that he had told the ref it was a second foul by a wolves player to which ref produced a yellow. No ban for Yaya.

sheik mansour has said he is happy with the season, the team and the management and is delighted to have a shot at the title

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11679/7696991/Mansour-pleased-with-season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Is there any chance of getting tickets from anyone on here at this late stage? Have had flights and hotels booked for me and the brother for weeks but my tickets contact has let me down unfortunately.

Any groups going over that have had last minute pull-outs? Happy to cover ticket expenses and costs etc - looks like i might be watching it in a bloody pub in manchester at this stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭ironbluedun

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Perhaps he caught a glimpse of Balotelli in the stand? :pac:

was gary neville not in the commentary box...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,898 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

:pac:

524062_3841930810480_1344362624_3542605_2055697753_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

34xmln5.jpg

Looks the part very '89

i dunno, i dont like the black they are going with, much prefer last couple of season with the white trim and sponsor

White shorts as it should be

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1492427_exclusive-carlos-tevez-wants-to-stay-and-fire-manchester-city-to-glory
    Exclusive: Carlos Tevez wants to stay and fire Manchester City to glory

Carlos Tevez has dropped a derby day stunner by saying he wants to STAY at Manchester City.

Hmmmm...

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

well lads/lasses hows everyone feeling? I cant sit straight, fecking shi1ting it!!!!

I would do anything for a tevez/balotelli winner....

sitting in work, very fidgity, very anxious. Looking forward to it, i just want to feel that relief that will come if they win. Im nervous but confident

A few beers will take the edge off it:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Ridiculously nervous!!!!!!:eek:

Can't wait for it to be over and at the same time don't want it to be over!

Cannot bear to see Man U friends (I use the term "friends" loosely:p) if we lose:(

EDIT: Laughing at the numerous "jinx" posts in the Match thread by some!!! LOL

• Advertisement

Ridiculously nervous!!!!!!:eek:

Can't wait for it to be over and at the same time don't want it to be over!

Cannot bear to see Man U friends (I use the term "friends" loosely:p) if we lose:(

EDIT: Laughing at the numerous "jinx" posts in the Match thread by some!!! LOL

The only way I'll enjoy this match is if we go up 3 or 4 nil in teh first 15minutes.

well done to the lads! pretty excruciating to watch but it felt great when the final whistle went. They all worked so so hard, even Nasri who I have laid into time and time again this year.

2 games, 2 fúcking games!

Fucking epic.

Barry and Nasri critics can't kindly shut up now.

That was stressful, I did not enjoy that at all, glad it's over and so so happy right now!

BREAKING: Paul Scholes has just climbed out of Gareth Barry's pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fair play guys.

Ye were superior team tonight.

Just wanted to say it was a pleasure to have Niall Quinn commentating tonight, such a refreshing change and I thought he was excellent.

A friend of my husband put this picture on my husbands Facebook during the week so I tidied it up a bit.......LOL:D

fERGIE_FEAR.png

Liam Gallagher is some hero :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

How good was Zabaleta tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Liam Gallagher is some hero :pac:

He's the non-thinking mans' Noel Gallagher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,169 ✭✭✭JohnnyRyan99

Couldn't fault any player on the field tonight everyone was fantastic, Barry and Kompany were stand outs, but what about Samir Nasri... In the early parts of the game when City looked nervy he was one of the few that really took the game by the scruff of the neck, getting the ball down and taking people on... He calmed everyone around him imo.

Crowd was excellent as well!

amiable wrote: »

Always plays well against us, very good big game player.

Congrats lads, ye won't get a better chance to go and win it now, no complaints, City bossed that game, no issue with the United tactics, plenty of them with the line up but thats no for this thread.

Fair play and well done.

The little dust up was class -

MancinivsFergie.jpg

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1164711-manchester-city-vs-manchester-united-wayne-rooney-will-dominate-vincent-kompany
    Manchester City vs Manchester United: Wayne Rooney Will Dominate Vincent Kompany

Vincent Kompany's length on defense makes him a valuable and productive player for Manchester City, but he will not contain Wayne Rooney...

...It's the truth, drink it straight.

L O fucking L :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Im still all over the place, am a bleeding wreck, what a game what a win, dont feck it up city, this is our time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

fecking quality. SAF was too negitive, they seemed toothless in attack altogether. stormer from some of our guys, the back 4 in particular.

Zab vs Evra was a great battle all night imo. chipping at each other the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

The little dust up was class -

MancinivsFergie.jpg

Haha that is a class pic. Platt looks like he has no idea where he is, and Bobby Manc giving the "meh meh meh meh" gesture cracked me up.

Makes for a hell of an exciting run in now.

What a GOAL.........Near roared the house down. Scared the daylights out of my youngest child!!!

ibe1T4ERep6o57.gif

Was like Bobby here in the sittingroom.............:D

tumblr_ltc14mlGsa1qei2fk.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

Savage goal, savage night, let's finish the job now.

6542810.bin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,490 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

amiable wrote: »

Did he get MOTM last night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did he get MOTM last night?

No, Kompany did.

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    Savage goal, savage night, let's finish the job now.

6542810.bin

Haha, love the head on Tevez there and Rio looking as if to say

"WTF????" :pac:

Scuba Ste wrote: »
    No, Kompany did.

And Barry deservedly got the one announced in the ground.

And Barry deservedly got the one announced in the ground.

Toure could've got it too! There were plenty of candidates to be fair. I was very impressed with Nasri too. I had my reservations about Lescott earlier in the season but he's come on immensely. I'd have him CB at euros

• Advertisement

:pac:

ArzmRFgCAAEndO0.jpg

^^^^^Brilliant Xavi:D

Xavi, now that all your United will have the league won by mid April pessimism has evaporated, is there any chance ye gonna make a balls of Newcastle at the weekend?

Xavi, now that all your United will have the league won by mid April pessimism has evaporated, is there any chance ye gonna make a balls of Newcastle at the weekend?

I'll always be pessimistic so there's a huge chance of us ballsing it up, yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I dont think City will balls up to Newcastle, as I expect us ( Chelsea ) to beat Newcastle Wednesday and then City to end their UCL dreams.

If Nwecastle take anything from us though I wouldnt be to sure as they'll feel they can catch Spurs and give City a real tough game up North.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement