Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car suitable for 3 small children

Options
  • 26-10-2014 11:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

Help please!
    We're looking for a car that is suitable for 3 small children under 3.5.
    Can you fit 3 isofix seats across the back seat of many cars?
    Or do you need a 7 seater with 2 rows of back seats?

I'm certainly not the first to be in this position and would value some guidance in this matter.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's the budget?

You're really looking at mpvs or small mpvs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

colm_mcm wrote: »
    What's the budget?

You're really looking at mpvs or small mpvs

Around 25k-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 73,390 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

How long would you plan on keeping this car for?
    Do you do much driving?
    What have you been driving up till now?

colm_mcm wrote: »
    How long would you plan on keeping this car for?
    Do you do much driving?
    What have you been driving up till now?

Plan on keeping the car for 3-5 years
    I do around 20k KM per year

I have an Audi A6 and I don't think it will fit 3 x isofix child seats across the back

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Immy

Very few will fit 3 seats across the back.

You need to look at a car that has 3 individual seats in the back.

Most of the 7 seaters would be your best bet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭ian87

There are products available that will fit 3 seats into the back of a saloon car.

www.multimac.co.uk

If you are happy to keep your a6 another while, then this could be a solution?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I would have thought an a6 would take 3 baby seats. Try it first before doing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭billy100

Bough a Citroen Picasso it's the two row of back seat option, it's 2011 I taught it was very reasonable, .it a great car and the mrs loves it. It doesn't seem as big as the other type people carriers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

We have a citroen grand picasso and as much as I didn't want it the wife made a wise choice ........so far...... I'm still very worried about the auto handbreak and electrics ,

We have 3 kids , a five year old, two and half year old and a 7 day old, I've just put in the baby seat along with our two other seats across back and it's fitting good but I'd imagine any car smaller ie car seat space plus boot size would be very limited.

I find car nice to drive but a bit rolly in the cornering but then It isn't a racing car.

When looking for a Mpv I found this car way better value than most makes. Just hope it holds up on reliability .

Congrats on the new addition monkeysnapper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭greenflash

I was asking on here about estate cars not too long ago when my wife found out she was pregnant with our second. Turns out it's twins, so we'll have three under 2.5. We've been doing our research and the two the fit the bill in terms of three Isofix points across the back are the Citroen C4 Grand Picasso and Ford S Max.

In test drives we found the Ford wipes the floor with the Citroen so it'll be the S Max for us... so long as we win the lotto before January.

Advertisement