Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Firestone or michelin?

Options
  • 16-06-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Being quoted 70 euro a tyre for either in 175 65 R14 fitted etc.

They going on a honda jazz, only gets local driving with maybe 4 long journeys a year... not cutting corners on costs etc..

Looking for local recommendations in north dublin

Cheers,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dangel4x4

Recommendations for what? :confused:

If you have a good quote for a brand-name already from a tyre place, what needs recommending?

The Michelin will probably be a more efficient tyre, but if you're not doing big miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭micks_address

Thanks, I suppose I was just wondering which would be the best option to go for and if 70 euro per tyre is a good price?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Dangel4x4 wrote: »
    Recommendations for what? :confused:

If you have a good quote for a brand-name already from a tyre place, what needs recommending?

The Michelin will probably be a more efficient tyre, but if you're not doing big miles...

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Dangel4x4

Dunno, could be. Firestone Multihawks in that size go for €44 upwards on oponeo.ie but you'll have the fitting cost on top of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,150 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

If the choice is between those two then definitely the Michelin. Interesting how both tyres cost the same given that Michelin is a premium brand and Firestone would be mid range.

So you think it would be worth travelling an extra couple of miles for the michelin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I'm in the same boat (same car, area) looking for tyres, where are you getting you Michelins?

Nate

They only had one set let :) but it was discount tyres blanch... i'm hoping to go there tomorrow evening so dont go there before me :)

They said they can get more in..

http://www.discounttyres.ie/
    I'm in the same boat (same car, area) looking for tyres, where are you getting you Michelins?

Nate

• Company Representative Posts: 9 Verified rep Discount Tyres: Keith

They only had one set let :) but it was discount tyres blanch... i'm hoping to go there tomorrow evening so dont go there before me :)

They said they can get more in..

http://www.discounttyres.ie/

Don't worry we can get more :)

Don't worry we can get more :)

Thanks Keith - is there a boardsie discount :) ?

• Company Representative Posts: 9 Verified rep Discount Tyres: Keith

Thanks Keith - is there a boardsie discount :) ?

Those Michelins are actually on special at the moment so unfortunately I cant add a further discount. I can however make you a nice cup of tea while your waiting to have them fitted :)

• Advertisement

Those Michelins are actually on special at the moment so unfortunately I cant add a further discount. I can however make you a nice cup of tea while your waiting to have them fitted :)

Its a date :) i have two on hold for tomorrow evening

• Registered Users Posts: 4 madfish111

<spam snipped>

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

70 euro for a brand tyre is a very good price already. I doubt you'll find better value anywhere else.

Keith got my money last week but i never did get that coffee :) next time Keith when you are less busy

biko wrote: »
    70 euro for a brand tyre is a very good price already. I doubt you'll find better value anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Got a set of Michelin energy savers elsewhere (roughly €70 a corner fitted). Quite a difference in Road noise compared to the cheep ditch finders that were on the car already. Pleasantly surprised.

Nate

Advertisement