Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Library open to the public

Options
  • 12-04-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Does anyone know if any of the TCD libraries are open to the public? I'm a DIT student but I'd like to use the library to study when the DIT one is closed like on a Sunday.

Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

No they're not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭NormalBob Ubiquitypants

If you are a postgrad you can get an ALCID card. Allows access to libraries in a lot of universities.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

It really wouldn't be fair on TCD students if the libraries were open to the public, given that we paid the fees. Particularly at this time of year when everyone is studying for exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

https://www.tcd.ie/Library/using-library/admissions.php

You will need an ALCID card if you are a postgrad. Then apply for a Reader's ticket using the link above.

Undergraduates are normally not admitted to the Library unless a particular item is only available at Trinity College Library Dublin. You will need a Letter of Introduction from your college library. Check the link above for the opening hours of the Library's Admissions desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭evancunny95

Good luck getting a seat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Good luck getting a seat

Impossible this time of year, what with the students from other institutions sneaking in.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭GodlikeRed

Without sounding like im attacking you OP, if you google search 'tcd library open to public' it is the second result.

The answer is no

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭BeanbagBallbag

endacl wrote: »
    Impossible this time of year, what with the students from other institutions sneaking in.

:D

Why don't we sneak you into St. James' and I'll give her my seat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Why don't we sneak you into St. James' and I'll give her my seat :)

Ah, all that crammin' in the library is in the past for me now...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭notabasicb

Not a free seat in 24 hr atm with the number of leaving cert students in here. I'm floating b/n feeling bad for them because ewww that's a nasty few weeks they've got ahead of them and angry because hey get out of the tcd library.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

The national Library is a great place to study, anyone can go

Advertisement