Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 5 16GB White / Black Refurb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Ordered after battling their address correction "feature".
    Price is as good as it gets, and after having a 4,4s,5, and 5s, I think this is a great model phone for the price.
    Now to get it delivered and forwarded to Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Furzy

Be aware that it is pre-owned!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Furzy wrote: »
    Be aware that it is pre-owned!!

Is it not an apple refurb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

it's pre owned but refurbished by Apple.
    100% nothing wrong with these devices, and they come with full warranty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

I bought a refurbished from Argos a few days ago and delighted with my purchase.

It's in mint as new condition.

It was fully sealed in an apple box and contained full Apple accessor and has a one year Apple warranty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Thanks for spotting this OP. €336.60 is an excellent price for a refurbished iPhone 5 w 1 yr warranty. You could probably put in on eBay and sell it for a €50 profit...
    Just ordered a white one for GF. was going to get her a new 5c for €379 but this is cheaper and it comes with double the SSD capacity!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Thanks for spotting this OP. €336.60 is an excellent price for a refurbished iPhone 5 w 1 yr warranty. You could probably put in on eBay and sell it for a €50 profit...
    Just ordered a white one for GF. was going to get her a new 5c for €379 but this is cheaper and it comes with double the SSD capacity!

Can't believe Apple still selling a mainstream iPhone with only 8GB of RAM:eek: Considering recent issues of trying to install IOS8 and it needing over 6GB free.

All said its a good price for an iPhone 5 - wife has one 2 years now and still going as good as the day I got it for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

iPhone 5 is a great phone - still have mine 2 years on from when it was first released (got it release day). Still get all day battery life, the screen is fantastic, it's fast and even works with OS X Yosemite for calling and texting from the laptop. Terrific phone - I see no reason to upgrade at all.

That is a terrific price for it. Anyone even thinking about it - go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Redrocket wrote: »
    Ordered after battling their address correction "feature".
    Price is as good as it gets, and after having a 4,4s,5, and 5s, I think this is a great model phone for the price.
    Now to get it delivered and forwarded to Germany

Just wondering did you get you Phone yet ? I ordered on Tuesday and was due for delivery yesterday, but it still says order processing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭ALS

Just wondering did you get you Phone yet ? I ordered on Tuesday and was due for delivery yesterday, but it still says order processing.

Ordered on Saturday , delivered on Tuesday:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,308 ✭✭✭xtal191

ALS wrote: »
    Ordered on Saturday , delivered on Tuesday:)

In perfect condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

xtal191 wrote: »
    In perfect condition?
    I'd be surprised if you could distinguish it from one you purchased from apple. It will be in a sealed box, with screen cover in place, all accessories, and perfect cosmetic condition. If you don't like it, you can always send it back ?

( there are plenty of reviews down the bottom of the littlewoods page )

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Ordered mine on the 28th, haven't received yet. Got a strange call from a Littlewoods representative with an incomprehensible British accent asking me to confirm name and address yesterday so I guess it'll be a few more days. Will let u know when I get and what condition it's in

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Its Only Ray Parlour

I ordered mine on Sunday (the day this thread was posted) and it should be here by Monday. The order was confirmed on the 29th and dispatched the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Redrocket

Still waiting on delivery. Also had a iphone 5 and 5s in the past, I found very little difference between the 2, they are both great phones well worth 336 bucks refurbished with a 1 year warranty.

And to think up until about 1 year ago 4s' were still getting 250-300 on the second hand market.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Thanks OP, that's my daughter's Xmas present sorted. Warranty and Apple packaging seals the deal for me, these phones are going for over €300 second-hand on adverts.ie.

Redrocket wrote: »
    And to think up until about 1 year ago 4s' were still getting 250-300 on the second hand market.
    It may be 12 months on but a perfect cond 4S unlocked with box & accessories will still fetch €180 all day. Say what you like about Apple, but their stuff really does kick the ass off the competition in the "feck all depreciation" stakes.

xtal191 wrote: »
    In perfect condition?
    As new with all accessories , charger , earphones , iphone 5 box,
    As brand new condition ....good value at 336 delivered:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

It says requires a "nano sim"... Is this a special sim card or can I put my existing 3 prepay sim card into it?

Fantastic spot OP!

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    It says requires a "nano sim"... Is this a special sim card or can I put my existing 3 prepay sim card into it?

Fantastic spot OP!
    Sim from my Iphone 4s was too big , got it cut to fit in carphone warehouse,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

do you still need to apply to get an account with this crowd? Got turned down a few years ago and never missed a payment on a bill in my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

dodzy wrote: »
    It may be 12 months on but a perfect cond 4S unlocked with box & accessories will still fetch €180 all day. Say what you like about Apple, but their stuff really does kick the ass off the competition in the "feck all depreciation" stakes.

That's only because all their phones are overpriced, hence why people think they are getting a 'bargain' when they are around the €300 mark.

Sam Mac wrote: »
    That's only because all their phones are overpriced, hence why people think they are getting a 'bargain' when they are around the €300 mark.

Android phones are generally plastic cheap crap that never lasted me more than one year before falling apart. On the other hand Apple phones have lasted over 4 years and still going strong in my house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭who_ru

Android phones are generally plastic cheap crap that never lasted me more than one year before falling apart. On the other hand Apple phones have lasted over 4 years and still going strong in my house

My android Xperia is still going fine after 2.5yrs. Never fell apart once. Most of the people I know have either Samsung or htc, none of theirs fell apart The don't bend when you put them in your pocket either.

@sam Mac.

Why the hell did you even bother posting on what is obviously a BA thread for Apple?

You android guys, Jesus, you have some sense of smell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is still going strong 3.5 years later :-)

I'm anti iPhone!! Android all the way!

My Samsung Galaxy S2 is still going strong 3.5 years later :-)

I'm anti iPhone!! Android all the way!

What's the battery life like? LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

What's the battery life like? LOL

Oh it has to be charged every day now at this stage, but I hear the iPhone is similar so assume it's pretty standard for phones that have lots of apps etc on the go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dpat1l

Does anybody know how long this offer will be valid for??

Advertisement