Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi Life Diners card

• 29-10-2014 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi Life diners card for 12 months for 19.99 GBP (25 Euro) plus get a free years gift subscription for someone else.

Enter code - OCT14

http://www.hi-life.co.uk/Join.aspx Apply by 31st Oct

What do you guys think? I have had the free 6 month card but that has expired. Do you know if the free 6 months will come up again and whether I could get another one?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

The 6 month free one is still available.

http://www.localdeals.ie/Deals/Food

It's about the 17th one down on that list. I just signed up there now and they sent me their verification email so it's still working.

Actually once I clicked through it's only 3 months free now but they allow you to upgrade to 12 months for £10.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

timetogo wrote: »
    Actually once I clicked through it's only 3 months free now but they allow you to upgrade to 12 months for £10.

The one year membership has payed for itself many times over. Well worth a tenner . Especially milano s but other places too.

arch20000 wrote: »
    The one year membership has payed for itself many times over. Well worth a tenner . Especially milano s but other places too.

Same for me. I use it in Gourmet Burger Kitchen. But you nearly need a spreadsheet to work out how to get the best deal out of them with their offers and exclusions. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭whats_my_name

Only after signing up after seeing this this thread, thanks OP :-) seen one of the conditions is that you have to book in advance to avail of the discount. Are the restaurants that people on here have visited strict on this policy??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Same for me. I use it in Gourmet Burger Kitchen. But you nearly need a spreadsheet to work out how to get the best deal out of them with their offers and exclusions. :D

Yeah, was totally confused with GBK!
    What do you order with your card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

Only after signing up after seeing this this thread, thanks OP :-) seen one of the conditions is that you have to book in advance to avail of the discount. Are the restaurants that people on here have visited strict on this policy??

I've had Milanos lunch and dinner... I always book 'cause you never know when they could be busy or if a member of staff plays exactly by the rules and tells you you need to book and turns you away.
    It's great for Milanos!! I don't think I'd ever buy a pizza there again at full price!

Great to get buy one get one free, but they're generally so mean with their toppings, I don't think their prices are fair!

For some places you need to book. For most you don't. If you have a smart phone download the app and it'll show places near you. The app will tell you if you need to book in advance.

rustyzip wrote: »
    Yeah, was totally confused with GBK!
    What do you order with your card?

Its a brain teaser.
    Drinks aren't included.
    Some meals are cheaper than burgers + drinks.
    Theres always some maths involved :) but we generaly save a few quid. Its never half price though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,719 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Had the free one for the past 6 months. Never used it. Unless you frequent one of the few participating restaurants (which I don't), it's pretty useless imho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Captain America's take this voucher. Which is great. Two course meals required... buy one course get second free. Includes drinks too. We'll soft drinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

It's about the 17th one down on that list. I just signed up there now and they sent me their verification email so it's still working.

Brilliant thanks, my free one had run out. Opted for the 12 month one as it's well worth the money. Milano is a frequent meeting place for my friends so I've saved a fortune

unkel wrote: »
    Had the free one for the past 6 months. Never used it. Unless you frequent one of the few participating restaurants (which I don't), it's pretty useless imho.

Well you could say that about anything. If you don't use anything at least once then it's useless.

If you use the free one once you've saved money.

The smartphone app is free and you don't need to sign up so if you install it and see a place that you would use once in the next 3 months then it's worth it. If you see a place you use a few times over a year then it's worth getting the yearly card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Signed up last night. Got a phone call today asking if I wanted to upgrade. Told her I'd wait and there was no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Signed up last night. Got a phone call today asking if I wanted to upgrade. Told her I'd wait and there was no problem.

Same, told her the 3 months would do fine, no issues at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

I have had one for about 6 months and if nothing else, it has stopped me from buying groupon vouchers becuase it would be the same restaurants who do both

Free is brilliant
    €20 is worthwhile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭danwhite88

Got an Email from Applegreen Rewards. 1 Years High life diner for 1000pts.. Well worth it.. Hopefully the run this every year..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Phantom99

Thanks for that. Have gone for the 3 month and upgraded to 12 month platinum card for 10 GBP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

unkel wrote: »

You're doing it wrong!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Signed up for this for free months ago, the app is utterly useless. I emailed them and asked for a card to be sent out instead and they informed me that they would, but they never did. So fúck them.

• Advertisement

Signed up for this for free months ago, the app is utterly useless. I emailed them and asked for a card to be sent out instead and they informed me that they would, but they never did. So fúck them.

Well the app is pretty useless without a card so not sure how you were trying to use it without the card.

I find the app handy enough though. It always has a few places in the general vicinity of where I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

Well the app is pretty useless without a card so not sure how you were trying to use it without the card.

I find the app handy enough though. It always has a few places in the general vicinity of where I am.

you dont need a card with the app. The app can be used standalone at any of the listed restaurants

Ah I didn't know that. I've only used it for searching for places close to me.

Advertisement