Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Note left on windscreen of car

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I found a leaflet under my wiper, advertising a circus which was in the locality, wonder can I sue them for the same thing?
    :rolleyes:

Don't be a clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭ted1

mayway wrote: »
    Absolutely. I made a mistake and would have gladly accepted a parking ticket from a legitimate source. But a cowardly note from an anonymous loser? No thanks. They would have had to interfere with my property to to put in under the wiper and that is not acceptable to me. Surely, they must be breaking some law?

What difference would a name in the note make ? Did you expect them to hang around ? You could be gone all day.
    As for interfering with your car, get a grip and kop on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

It would be funny if it turned out to be one of your children who placed the note there unknown to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Nedbroy

You weren't by any chance also overcharged for a baguette recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Some rain just fell on my car while it was parked on a public road! Im going to sue either Irish water or else whatever c**ts are behind that global warming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Thanks mayway, best laugh I've had all day. Please keep us updated with how this situation unfolds.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

I'm not sure where to post this but I'll try here.

This morning I was dropping my kids off to school on the way to work and I inadvertently parked on double yellow lines while I walked the kids to school. I was probably gone about 10 minutes.

Fairs fair, I was on double yellow lines and if I had got a parking ticket for that then I would have no complaint about it.

However, when I got back to the car and got into it and drove off I noticed a note stuck under the wiper of the car. I pulled in down the road and removed it. It was a cowardly anonymous note. It was a copy of a letter that the school had circulated several months due to ludicrous parking all around the school which led to emergency services not being able to access a housing estate to attend to a sick child which, of course, was a disgrace.

Now, while I was on double yellow lines, I was not blocking the road in any shape or form but I was clearly in the wrong for parking there in the 1st place. The note that I received was deeply unpleasant and was signed off at the end in what can only described as infantile handwriting with a statement that said my parking on double yellow lines had been reported to the Gardai!

Of course, the coward who did this sought to do this anonymously so I have no idea who they are.

My question is this, as they have clearly interfered with my private property whilst parked on a public road and they have no right to do so, what legal action can I take against them? Is there any law that they have broken that they can be prosecuted under? Or is this just a civil matter and, as such, would merit some sort of compensation?

I intend to engage a investigator to track down this loser and subsequently unleash my solicitor at him or her but I was wondering if anyone knew of a similar case before I go down this road.

Has it occured to you that the copy of the letter from the school might have been put there by someone from the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Get Real

no offence OP but I think you should let this one go.

You hold your hands up and admit you were in the wrong, by being annoyed at someones behaviour doesn't entitle you to bring up legal action in all circumstances.

I can understand why you view the note leavers placing of the note cowardly.

But in reality it is just an angry reaction to the fact you were in the wrong, you got caught out, and you're annoyed at the fact that someone "dared" pull you up on it without saying it to your face. Annoying yes, but a civil matter? No.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

You should turn yourself in to the authorities and fall down on your criminal knees and beg for leniency.

Then you should offer to paint the yellow lines for the rest of your life.

You are the Criminal ! ! !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Nedbroy wrote: »
    Maybe should be moved to legal issues with that other very pressing case of the man who was overcharged for his baguette yesterday?
    Some serious gold on boards lately ðŸ˜

No, to Motors! Just to see how long it'd be til someone suggested cutting the offending note off with an angle grinder, storing the note, and issuing invoices for the cost of storing the note...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

There is at least one person coming across as a loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

This post is pathetic. I live near a school and it is amazing the sense of entitlement some people have parking on double yellows and blocking your driveway.
    "Excuse me your blocking my driveway I can't get out"
    " I will be two minutes just walking the kids across the road to school"
    "Ok i will just ring my boss and tell him I will be late because some thick ignorant pig is parked across my driveway"

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

FFS OP, it's self-entitled idiots like you that make me hate people.

You were in the wrong, you were told as much by an anonymous source, get over it & park legally in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Ian Whelan

Wow. I have seen it all now. This is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

I'd say the children in the school have more cop on. Solicitors?? Grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Infracted

The worst type of people are those who think its alright for them to park on double yellows. I bet there was legal parking less than a minute away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

I do indeed get flyers but seeing as they aren't threatening in nature I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a big issue with the coward who interfered with my property. As for there being damage, as far as I can tell the car hasn't been damaged but undoubtedly the wiper has been weakened somewhat by being lifted. As I didn't give permission for this to happen then I feel I should have a case here.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

If you were on double yellows you were either obstructing traffic or visibility for other road users.

By saying that you were in no way obstructing traffic, you really mean you were also illegally parked up on the pavement. Blocking other pedestrians, wheelchairs and buggies.

The only person taking liberties here was you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

this is clearly a pisstake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I do indeed get flyers but seeing as they aren't threatening in nature I have no problem with it.

I do, however, have a big issue with the coward who interfered with my property. As for there being damage, as far as I can tell the car hasn't been damaged but undoubtedly the wiper has been weakened somewhat by being lifted. As I didn't give permission for this to happen then I feel I should have a case here.
    Cop on!! Lifting the wiper and putting a note under it will NOT damage it in ANY Way... Jeez some people eh?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Absolutely I was wrong. I made an honest mistake. That doesn't excuse the idiot who interfered with my property. There must be some way of getting justice here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Ah here, this has to be a wind up!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Absolutely I was wrong. I made an honest mistake. That doesn't excuse the idiot who interfered with my property. There must be some way of getting justice here.

Get the garda forensic unit to analyse the note for fingerprints or DNA, this menace must be brought to justice :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

You're being wrong again here.

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

There must be some way of getting justice here.

Legal advice is not allowed on Boards.ie so nobody here can advice you either way. Your best bet is to ring a solicitor in the morning and ask them.

edit: By the way, what "justice" are you looking for? Have you anything in mind or do you just want something done?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Hire the investigator, then the solicitor. When you bring the case to court with the barrister representing you I am sure justice will be done.

(Edit. Don't forget an engineer to exam your wipers and screen for damage)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,903 ✭✭✭furiousox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

It wasn't an honest mistake. An honest mistake would be you parking there when you didn't see the double yellow lines.

What you did was deliberately illegally park despite the fact that parents had already been warned not to do it after the previous incident.

I really hope this is a wind up.

• Site Banned Posts: 217 ✭✭Father Ted Crilly

slinky2000 wrote: »
    Plus this is a legal question and not a commuting and transport subject.

Backseat moderating.

See what I did there?

Anyway, OP, I have come to the conclusion that whoever left the note on your windscreen was obviously a student at whatever school you're talking about.

Just let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

OP, Had you the triangle park anywhere (aka hazard warning lights) button on?

If so, you're not at fault then and you should pursue this note leaver criminal with the full rigours of the law!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement