Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Horse show - overnight accommodation?

Options
  • 21-05-2015 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi all - Hopefully someone can help me with this query.
    Myself and my girlfriend are looking to go to the Dublin Horse Show For a day trip this year - most likely the Friday or Saturday. We went last year but had to get on a bus at 3 am in the morning, which kind of left us tired all day. We're looking to staying in a hotel the night before now as we'd be better rested and enjoy it more.
    Anyone know any reasonably priced hotels they would recommend around the area? We'd be sharing a room, and a breakfast would be a bonus but not necessary.
    Thanks very much in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

ive had to book hotels for work quite a bit this year, and I've found that if there's an event on you can expect to pay a lot more if there's an event on in the city.

From those that I've dealt with in the city centre if recommend you check out the following: Mespil Hotel, Tara Hotel, Stauntons on the Green., and the Maldron hotel on Stephen's Green. The further away you go go from the RDS, the less expensive it's more likely to be. You could look at the Hampton Hotel, and Bewley's website, too, though given it's location it's probably going to be more expensive. You could also try googling a few B&Bs in the area.

As a tip: anywhere along the 4 and 7 bus routes will be handy, so you could have a look from the city centre to Blackrock on those routes, so you might get better value a little further out. Likewise, Donnybrook isn't too far away either, maybe a 15 minute walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

convert wrote: »
    ive had to book hotels for work quite a bit this year, and I've found that if there's an event on you can expect to pay a lot more if there's an event on in the city.

From those that I've dealt with in the city centre if recommend you check out the following: Mespil Hotel, Tara Hotel, Stauntons on the Green., and the Maldron hotel on Stephen's Green. The further away you go go from the RDS, the less expensive it's more likely to be. You could look at the Hampton Hotel, and Bewley's website, too, though given it's location it's probably going to be more expensive. You could also try googling a few B&Bs in the area.

As a tip: anywhere along the 4 and 7 bus routes will be handy, so you could have a look from the city centre to Blackrock on those routes, so you might get better value a little further out. Likewise, Donnybrook isn't too far away either, maybe a 15 minute walk.

I have stayed in Bewleys in Ballsbridge while there were rugby matches on that weekend, the rates were the exact same as any other time of the year. I think Bewleys is probably your best bet or you could also try the Stillorgan park hotel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

JillyQ wrote: »
    I have stayed in Bewleys in Ballsbridge while there were rugby matches on that weekend, the rates were the exact same as any other time of the year. I think Bewleys is probably your best bet or you could also try the Stillorgan park hotel.

About 5 weeks ago I tried to book somewhere for last night and tonight, and the 'best rate' Bewleys could offer was €299 - €309 if I wanted breakfast included!! I think it depends on the number of bookings and rooms available for a given night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

convert wrote: »
    About 5 weeks ago I tried to book somewhere for last night and tonight, and the 'best rate' Bewleys could offer was €299 - €309 if I wanted breakfast included!! I think it depends on the number of bookings and rooms available for a given night.

I booked for the night of the ireland Scotland match. Got a room that slept 3 for €150 dinner b & b included

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

I know people who book bewleys as they checkout . Apart from the bus routes remember the Dart line opens plenty of options . Plenty of old style B and Bs down the coast.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Friends stayed in the Royal Marine last time. It's a bit out, but as quick as crossing the city from the Red Cow at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Try The Sandymount Hotel. I've heard good things about it.Just up the road from the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭burrenguy

right thanks lads for the help!

Advertisement