Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus route 122 - changes?

Options
  • 19-11-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hi wondering is there any truth to this. I have heard that the 122 route will be changing again and will no longer go down past Leonard's corner to Camden st but will turn left before Leonard's corner on clanbrassil st? I really hope this is not the case as I think the busiest stop is at Harrington road for commuters who use the Luas!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,560 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

There has been no word of any changes on the Dublin Bus website.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

It would not make much sense to do this as it means sending yet another Crumlin/Drimnagh route via Dame Street/Bride Road, an already well served corridor at the best of times and a link that the much of the route's catchment area already has in the 123. It also means that DB would be depriving the area of it's immediate link to the Camden/Harcourt Street area, something that was brought home in the Network Direct Changes.

Although it's lightly served, Patrick Street and Clanbrassil Street have no outbound bus lane so this change will adversely affect peak time journey's on the 122. If anything, the 68/A would be better versed for such a change but I'd be dubious of such talk for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Good Advice

Yeah I agree it would totally cut Camden st off to some people! I know it's not on the website but a few commuters on this route have said it as there was dublin bus workers carrying out surveys on the route etc and commuters were told about route change. I really hope it does not happen as numerous people in my family use this route to go to college and also to get to work as it stops near harcourt Luas stop.

Advertisement