Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Why did she ignore me?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 9:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hi
    I met a girl through a friend a few months ago and since then I have been texting her a lot, we arranged to meet a few times but it always got put back for one reason or another, we are both pretty busy. The other night she was goin out along with all our mutual friends and she asked me to go along but when I got ther she wouldnt even look at me. I tried to talk to her a few times but wouldnt really engage at all. Her friends told me that she does like me and it did seem that way so I cant understand How she acted.
    Anyone any ideas? Should I just forget her and move on?

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

You can go back and forth with all of this wondering whether she likes you or not. Personally I wouldn't. She either does or she doesn't. This will be in her actions. If she ignored you or wouldn't look at you then regardless of her reasons I would say back off and let her come to you and keep your options open with other women.

If I was to guess? I would say that she's not that into you and around her friends feels uncomfortable in your presence. She's had second thoughts. I would say the same about being "too busy" as well. You can pretty much always make time for someone. I know I have in the midst of crazy madness.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Move on

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If she was shy she went the wrong way about it...

I'd ignore her back personally...and wait till she initiates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭paulksnn

While she may be shy, she showed an utter lack of class by ignoring you after inviting you out.
    As others have said, either ignore her back(childish I know, but maybe the only thing she understands),
    say it to her in a "I wasn't impressed with your behaviour the other night" kinda way or
    move on.
    Personally, if you like her, it might be worth saying it to her (they may be other issues you don't know about). Also, what have you got to lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Yamadakuncha

Thanks for the replies.

I think I will just ask her what was wrong, in case there is something I am missing, if she passes it off I will just chalk it down to experience, wish her the best and move on.

Cheers everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

she Obviously thought there were bigger fish in the room tnat night, u got blanked.. do the same to her next time. chat up her mate.. as soon a she gets a whiff it, u will have her in the sac in no time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭aye

chat up her mate.. as soon a she gets a whiff it, u will have her in the sac in no time.

ha, immature but will probably work!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Personally i think her friends wouldnt say that if it wasnt true. She probably does like you but just doesnt know what to say, does she blush or smile when you talk to her? She comes across as either really shy or just not interested.
    Maybe arrange another meeting not with friends, if she thinks she likes you she will agree and if you get on better she defo likes you. But if she keeps up that carry on leave it off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I tried to talk to her a few times but wouldnt really engage at all. Her friends told me that she does like me and it did seem that way so I cant understand How she acted.

So THAT'S where my ex got to !!!! :D

Seriously, though - been there [maybe not ACTUALLY there, but at least in that situation]

Move on - if someone does that to you then it'll happen regularly, and you're either the type of person who can ignore it or you're not.

If you are, great - you two are suited; if not, it'll bug ya and it'll fall apart anyway.....don't waste your time finding out the hard way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,967 ✭✭✭✭event

well what age is she?

could make a big difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,641 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Embarrassed or shy? Still childish.. don't hold your breath.

Advertisement