Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boy-Girl Scenario (Another One). What to do?

Options
  • 19-02-2008 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Have known this girl for a few years, thru college etc... We were never great mates but would always 'say hellos etc....' whenever we met out or were in similar social circles. About three months ago we just clicked and started to get on really well. Now she's an attractive girl just didn't do it for me initially. Really had great crack whenever we met out, texting each other a lot & she gradually grew on me. Then one of her mates told me this girl actually really fancied me. Supposed should have really copped on. Typically useless in these situations!!!!

Again there is constant contact between us via text & the odd late nite call. I know she's just coming off the back of a break up, think it was about 6/7 months ago. I also know the ex, he's not a mate at all, very intense, moody, occasionally psycho individual & that was probably part of the problem.

I know he is still on her case & part of the reason I'm probably keeping a wide berth of her on occasion. We don't discuss this but get the odd hint off her that he is wreckin her head & its starting to get to her. This translates for me that she still likes the fella................

We keep ''bumping'' into each other. Dunno whether to just go for broke n ask this girl out or should I just leave it n let her sort out her current situation. This is startin to get to me too as she is such a great gal, with such a good heart.......normally quite guarded when it comes to relationships etc....as have been stung in the past.......but reckon she's worth it!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

guys have wreched my head because they wouldnt leave me alone, didnt mean i still like them. this girl might be the same. take a chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

Just go for it dude. To live is to risk my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭geminilady

I think u answered ur question "reckon she's worth it" Good luck hope it works out and keep us posted : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

A dumb priest never got a parish. Is one saying i heard.

If you say nothing you will never know. If you ask then you will.

Life is simple too short for might have beens.

to carry on from dragan quote: the taoist say "to be is to do"

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Do something. Just ask and see what's what. What have you got to lose? Some go through life missing out because they get some weird frisson from "what might have been". Don't be one of them.

Following on from Marksie. "Do be do be doo" Frank Sinatra.....

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭JOM34

Thanks for the advice guys. Will make my play later in the week......& will be sure to keep you updated....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Wibbs wrote: »
    Following on from Marksie. "Do be do be doo" Frank Sinatra.....

rofl! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

JOM34 wrote: »
    Dunno whether to just go for broke n ask this girl out or should I just leave it n let her sort out her current situation. This is startin to get to me too as she is such a great gal, with such a good heart.......normally quite guarded when it comes to relationships etc....as have been stung in the past.......but reckon she's worth it!!!
    So what do you want from this? Do you want to get with this girl or do you want to be her friend?

It's blatantly obvious that she's into you. Just go for it. It's not as if it'll be difficult to ask her out as you're already texting and calling her. Just ask if she wants to go for a drink or the flicks or whatever it is that young people do nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭LilyM1980

Be careful she is not on the rebound. There is nothing worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

JOM34 wrote: »
    This translates for me that she still likes the fella................

First things first...see about getting that translator fixed, cos I reckon you're *way* off on that one.

You've nothing to lose really. I say go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,872 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

7 months.. I'd say you're in the clear for a shot. If you have to ask yourself then I bet she doesnt talk about it all that much. And Ill bet if she doesnt talk about it all that much, that it might not be such a lingering issue for her.

...why are you still here guessing?

Advertisement