Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray to Blanchardstown Commute

• 01-11-2007 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone commute from Bray to Blanchardstown? If so how long does it take either by train or car?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

I commute from Shankill to Leixlip. Roughly the same distance; it will depend on your start time. I'm in for 8:00 so it usually takes me 45-55 minutes via the M50. The M50 flies to Tallaght, you have a bit of a slow down as N81 traffic merges, then its moving well to the toll ( I obviously exit at the N4).

I'd imagine if you're starting at 8:00 you could do it in under an hour. At 9:00 maybe 20-30 mins more?

Of course if it rains, there's a crash, a full moon or a butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon basin all bets are off & we could all sit there for months.

103.2FM give great traffic reports and journey times in the morning & evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,717 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Moved to C&T

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 podge1

Thanks for that.....I should be able to manage it........without turning into Michael Douglas from Falling Down........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Not sure how long the DART takes from Bray to Connolly, but the connecting commuter train from Connolly to Castleknock (right next to Blanchardstown village) takes 20 minutes ish.

Also if you're going that way in the mornings, the trains would be empty enough in that direction so you'd likely get a seat every morning and evening going the opposite way. At least on this end of the journey.. can't speak for the DART :)

If you're taking the M50 you;ll have to go through the toll bridge (as you'll be exiting at the N3, not the N4), which will probably add a fair amount to the time given above..

<edit>If you're heagin for Blanch Village, get off at Castleknock. If you're heading for Blanch shopping centre, get off at the next stop, Coolmine. It's an extra 2 minutes but will save you a lot of walking.</edit>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hi, I commute from blanchardstown to UCD every day, Im in for 8 ish, 8.30 on a wet morning, most mornings I leave at 7am but Bray is a good bit further so possibly an hour and a half. Once you hit half seven though the traffic around blanch/castleknock comes to a standstill. your best option is to go the m50 even though people complain i think overall it will get you there quickest. trying out all the other routes is just a waste of time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement