Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dropping out

Options
  • 07-10-2014 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭

I'm really not liking my course, I've tried to like it but I just don't. I don't think I'll ever start liking it so I don't see any point continuing, even though I thought it's what I wanted for about the past three years.

What's the story with dropping out? It says there's a deadline this Friday to get your student contribution back in full, would that mean if I drop out by Friday that I won't have to pay the tuition fees if I do a different course next year? That's really the only thing that's stopping me from giving it up to be honest, I really couldn't afford those fees... Would I even have enough time to drop out by Friday or is it just a case of handing in a form and your student card? It only really hit me in the past week that the course probably isn't for me, if I realised earlier on I would have just changed course, I just thought it'd get better but it hasn't.. No point dwelling on that now..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

Contact Noirin Deady. She will explain your options and how to proceed. Second person listed here: http://www.ucc.ie/en/studentexperience/supports/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Contact Noirin Deady. She will explain your options and how to proceed. Second person listed here: http://www.ucc.ie/en/studentexperience/supports/

Thank you. :) I'll send off an email in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

She's out till Friday. Perfect... Is there anyone else in UCC I could talk to about it? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Dave47

She's out till Friday. Perfect... Is there anyone else in UCC I could talk to about it? :/

go straight into fees office fella there knows his stuff. Deferring should be a little easier to get than refund. You can also change course up until november depending on available places etc. Contacting your course director might be an option as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Dave47 wrote: »
    Deferring should be a little easier to get than refund.

Not correct. If you're definite about leaving, go to the Student Records office in West Wing and de-register properly. When that's done, call to Fees Office in North Wing and let them know you've de-registered. Once this is done before 10th Oct (tomorrow), you'll get back all fees paid bar €165. Refunds are done quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Don't put this off, go tomorrow at 9am! Otherwise you'll be throwing away however much your degree is for a year, 6k-9k...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

magicianz wrote: »
    Don't put this off, go tomorrow at 9am! Otherwise you'll be throwing away however much your degree is for a year, 6k-9k...

Listen to this advice! By not de-registering properly you'll be caught to pay full tuition fees next year if you change course - regardless of what college you attend.

Advertisement