Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking

Options
  • 15-08-2014 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭

Hey

Im starting Grad Med in UCC in 2 weeks and am trying to source accommodation. I was just wondering what the park and ride facilities are like near brookfield. I seen on the UCC website that there is a park and ride facility nearby (approx 600m) which would be handy. Does anyone know how many spaces etc this carpark has? If one was there before 9 each morning would a space be guaranteed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

that's a very popular park and ride, and usually fills up very soon after 8.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 173 ✭✭LasTime

trendy88 wrote: »
    I seen on the UCC website...
    I saw

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

Even the park and ride from Pouladuff tends to fill up pretty quickly. Leaving it til nine would be chancing it. Best chance is to arrive at 8am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

The nearer car park to Brookfield (old pres) is usually full by 8am. The Pouladuff p&r would still have spaces at 8 but you'll be sweating it some mornings.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

LasTime wrote: »
    I saw

Ah here, cut them a break... they might be from Dublin and not able to help it! :eek:

But yeah, by 9 it's usually well full... I wouldn't recommend parking on the roads around BF, the council/guards/whoever gives out tickets checks regularly there.

I found the best thing to do was park in the yellow "free parking" zone across the road on and Sunday and not move the car until the following Friday :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 yy4u

where exactly is this mystical yellow "free parking" zone you speak of JohnyDarko? I'm not originally from cork and was not expecting these bankruptcy priced parking tickets for on street parking in the housing estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JohnyDarko

You know the painted yellow lines right across from the park and ride entrance with no "no parking" signs, and where there's never a space?* That's the one.

*In saying that, I haven't actually been there for a year or so, so I may be just fondly remembering something that no longer exists, but sure be grand.

And you're just lucky they only give tickets now. I got clamped 4 times in 3rd year!

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

JohnyDarko wrote: »

And you're just lucky they only give tickets now. I got clamped 4 times in 3rd year!

Ouch, that must've been an expensive year for ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭byronbay2

Definitely not worth "chancing it" by parking in a bona fide public space around College Road and not putting up a disk - wardens haunt the area, especially at this time of year, "to send a message"! If you're coming in too late to get a p&r spot, you need to either put up a disk or get well away from College (The Lough, Sundays Well etc) find a secluded spot and hope for the best. If you're doing it all the time, you will inevitably get caught but could probably get away with 2 or 3 tickets during the year, which isn't too bad!

Advertisement