Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Appropriate dress for Wedding in Spain or no?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

I think it's a beautiful colour and great length. If you are more 'booby' than the model, as someone else suggested, I would get a lace insert sewn in the front, cheap but effective, or something like a lace bandeau.

I have been to a couple of beach weddings in Spain, definitely not the same or as formal as church weddings in my experience. Have fun! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Spanish here.

I don't think it's appropriate for a wedding, but it might depend on the crowd and the official dress code. Maybe check with other friends who are going to the same wedding what their outfits are like? You could add a contrasting modesty panel, or raise up the neckline a little with a few stitches.

In most Spanish weddings I've been to people dressed fairly conservatively. Though I'd say you have more leeway if you're not from Spain yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Milly33 wrote: »
    Would you ever go down the route of getting something made. At least it would fit all over and you could accommodate das boobins? Have to say having big boobs and finding a dress is a pain, I have tried the old boob tape and while it is good I still feel like im watching them all night to make sure they stay in...

Or you could if you were wearing a cardi or something get a piece made to sit in the middle so it isn't too booby....

Hi Milly,

No I've never thought of getting something made - wouldn't know where to start to be honest.
    Have you done it before? Do you know of a company doing it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Yeah well I got the wedding dress made so I did, this is in Cork but to be honest youd be surprised at the cost it isn't as much as you think,. And also then it fits you, you don't have to worry about boobs and all that goes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭anewme

My very first thought was that the material looked "cheap". That was before I saw the close up version which confirmed my first impressions. The colour is lovely, one of those colours I would love to be able to wear but can't, I just look washed out.

You'd really want to see and feel the material in the flesh before deciding. A polyester flour sack would look good on those models.

Well the dress arrived yesterday and...... its horrible and going back! the boobiness isnt even the main problem. The material is weird (I think I've seen it described as "scuba" material by other brands?) and its not nice at all IMO. It also weighs a tonne, i couldn't believe how heave the parcel was, so definitely not suitable for Spain.

Anyhow, I've brought it into work with me so i can send it back at lunchtime but in the mean time I made another impulsive decision....

http://www.asos.com//ASOS/ASOS-Salon-Premium-Placed-Lace-and-Applique-Prom-Dress-With-Organza-Hem/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4874402

#KeepingDeliveryCompaniesInBusiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Yes, your impulsive decision is a good one.....lovely dress and far more suitable !!!!! Enjoy the wedding....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Much better. :)

If that one doesn't work out, I just spotted this and thought of you!

http://www.boohoo.com/going-out-dresses/neve-floral-midi-dress/invt/azz27422

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

That's fab and much more appropriate

• Advertisement

Thanks ladies! Yeah TBH I feel a lot more confident about this one!
    pwurple wrote: »
    Much better. :)

If that one doesn't work out, I just spotted this and thought of you!

http://www.boohoo.com/going-out-dresses/neve-floral-midi-dress/invt/azz27422

Aw thanks, fab dress and fab price! Sure I suppose I'll need a few dresses for the trip ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭jaja321

Your impulsive purchase is so pretty!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,003 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Well the dress arrived yesterday and...... its horrible and going back! the boobiness isnt even the main problem. The material is weird (I think I've seen it described as "scuba" material by other brands?) and its not nice at all IMO. It also weighs a tonne, i couldn't believe how heave the parcel was, so definitely not suitable for Spain.

Anyhow, I've brought it into work with me so i can send it back at lunchtime but in the mean time I made another impulsive decision....

http://www.asos.com//ASOS/ASOS-Salon-Premium-Placed-Lace-and-Applique-Prom-Dress-With-Organza-Hem/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4874402

#KeepingDeliveryCompaniesInBusiness

That is just gorgeous, and so summery and light looking, great colours, perfect I would say for a Spanish Wedding. Great choice, - and no booby issues at all!!

I hope the wedding goes great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭pooch90

Second purchase much better. At least you got a definitive feel for the first one and not still wondering if you'd get away with it. The one linked from Boohoo is pretty too but I know I would have seriously sweaty legs if wearing in the heat.

Advertisement