Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Holy Lady in a Azure

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Chemical sugar? Wot is dat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,782 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Chemical sugar? Wot is dat?

All that saccharin and aspartame etc though they have names like Canderel and Splenda. I am being totally unscientific here as I am aware that they have all been declared safe etc, I just think they are yet another source of non-natural stuff we swallow, breath, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

looksee wrote: »
    All that saccharin and aspartame etc though they have names like Canderel and Splenda. I am being totally unscientific here as I am aware that they have all been declared safe etc, I just think they are yet another source of non-natural stuff we swallow, breath, etc.

Well, there's a lot of controversy over aspartame in general, but I did some research on it a few months ago and the official health boards imply that the problems are a load of codswallop, so... I dunno, really. I'm not keen on it myself.

I've never used those sugars and if I had to, I'd just give it up all together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Weak tea with loads of milk and 2 sugars... basically warm watery sweet milk, mmm.

Can't stand milk or anything in coffee though.

Steve wrote: »
    Weak tea with loads of milk and 2 sugars... basically warm watery sweet milk, mmm.

Blerk! heresy!

looksee wrote: »
    Blerk! heresy!

The word you need there is "uht" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Earl Grey. 'nuff said.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    Earl Grey. 'nuff said.

Lady Grey - I find the Earl a little overwhelming!

• Advertisement

What has all this to do with 'The Holy Lady in a Azure' anyway? I believe we have lost the plot and lost our way. :D

What has all this to do with 'The Holy Lady in a Azure' anyway? I believe we have lost the plot and lost our way. :D

If you mix it with coca cola, it actually tastes like tea*, so by a strange twist of fate, we're actually still on topic.

*please don't ask how I know this, but feel free to try it. :D

I think we ran out of 'old drinkies' so it kind of segued into 'dodgy drinkies' :P

Having been out drinking with the Brothers of BGRH* on a several occasions I'll warrant that tea&wine is not the strangest concoction Steve had ever drunk. :)

*Beer gut and receding hairline forum...lamentably quiet these days. :(

So you and Steve are a couple of 'ould bar flies then! A bit like Norm and Cliff. So who is who then? No wonder the BGRH forum has been deserted. biggrin.png

OldGoat wrote: »
    Having been out drinking with the Brothers of BGRH* on a several occasions I'll warrant that tea&wine is not the strangest concoction Steve had ever drunk. :)

It was fine till someone put the carnation condensed milk into it... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OG did that I saw him ..... honest

Snitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

You know me, as honest as ..... ummmm OK maybe not ;)

Advertisement