Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Virus Help

• 01-02-2004 12:52am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭

can someone help me here. i think i have a virus, just not sure what it's called. every time i try to open a web page, i get an error report. i can connect to the net fine, and kazaa and msn work fine, but not the ie. i'm using ie6(i think), on an XP machine. i'm looking on the symantec website, but i'm not sure which fix to download.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

So you don't have any anti-virus software running ?
    If not go to www.grisoft.com and download their free one.

What does the error report say exactly ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i have norton but i rarely use it. oops

anyway, i connected to the net with a firewall program running, and it said a file called MSprot32(or something) was trying to access the computer. i selected to block it from now on, so hopefully it will be gone for good. thanks replying anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

no probs

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Originally posted by Kiith
    can someone help me here. i think i have a virus, just not sure what it's called. every time i try to open a web page, i get an error report. i can connect to the net fine, and kazaa and msn work fine, but not the ie. i'm using ie6(i think), on an XP machine. i'm looking on the symantec website, but i'm not sure which fix to download.

Yawn - nearly half of all KAZZA downloads have viruses or are borked in some way.

There are about 20 dial home apps/services in XP - use XPANTISPY to disable a lot of them - also look up the stickies for spywareblasters etc. - they aren't viruses as such but you don't want them on your system either.

Advertisement