Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

am little help here

Options
  • 13-01-2004 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭

hi security gurus !

I have a problem...a security problem

Im using XP pro, IE 6 , AGV AV, SPybot and ad aware
    but still I seem to have been infected by a trojan horse. every morning I get a message from AVG sayiing im infected with this virus and to run AGV..but it never finds it ???

I run ad aware and spy bot which finds some registry hacks and tracking cookies
    and it cleans them.

but still I have this trojan horse

about once every 2 weeks my web home page is reset to some crappy page called www coolsearch engin . com or something like that and then i reset it and it also puts some naughty links into my favourites folder.

how can i get rid of this nusance ??

Any help or advice mucho appriciated

Alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Try trojan hunter

link

seams to be more trojan orintated than adaware and spybot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

and don't use IE6, it's a possibility that, that is how you got the trojan in the first place, download mozilla firebird from mozilla.org and use that instead. It also has tabbed browsing!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I would have to agree with sjones. Internet Explorer is full of unpatched exploits and vulnerabilities. Your best option is to use some other browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

stop clicking OK on those dubious websites you visit + update AV definitions..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

does dubious=pr0n?

• Advertisement
Advertisement