Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to find bridemaids dresses??

Options
  • 29-09-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm one of my sister's (who is getting married next June) 3 bridesmaids, and we're really not having any luck finding anything!

We've tried a good few of your typical bridesmaids dress shops, and looked around the high street. She is slow to order online without us trying it on first, and is keeping getting them made as a last resort. We had more or less decided on BM dresses, but then she got her own dress and we think they won't go with it!! Ideally we're looking for something simple, not strapless, no very high necklines, no lace, and not flowy. Has any one any ideas on shops to try or other advice in general?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

I know you say she doesn't like online but Amazon has some fab dresses. Great prices and they're a well known site so maybe more trustworthy.
    I would only go with a dress with reviews and pics.
    They also have a feedback for whether dresses are true to size or small/large fitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

My daughter sent me some lovely ideas on Asos - Im a bit wary about online too but she orders from Asos a lot so will be taking a look

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

Thanks, will have a look at all those!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Have you tried Debenhams they always have lovely dresses. TK Max worth a look too. Might get some good ones in there if your lucky.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

I got mine in Coast. Worked out great as could be tried on by two bridesmaids in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

I got mine in Coast. A friend of mine got lovely ones in chichiclothing.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭groovyg

Have a look in Folkster in Temple Bar they have some nice dresses for formal occasions. A friend of mine bought her wedding dress there.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I got mine on sale in Monsoon and the girls would definitely wear them again & not expensive dresses. I have heard horror stories of people spending up to €300 per dress which is ridiculous. Get something they would wear again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,905 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Just browsing the thread, this dress is absolutely stunning, and look at the price!!

http://www.quizclothing.co.uk/clothes/00100005740.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭maisiedaisy

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!

We've tried the likes of Coast/Debenhans/TK Maxx, but no luck. We're all quite tall so length is an issues!! We might wait to try high street again once the summer stuff starts coming in early next year, but afraid if we don't find something it'd be too late to order dresses.

We're thinking of getting them made-anyone any experience or recommendations?!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!

We've tried the likes of Coast/Debenhans/TK Maxx, but no luck. We're all quite tall so length is an issues!! We might wait to try high street again once the summer stuff starts coming in early next year, but afraid if we don't find something it'd be too late to order dresses.

We're thinking of getting them made-anyone any experience or recommendations?!

Im getting my 4 bridesmaids dresses made by Fiona Todhunter. I also got my own dress there too. Have a look and maybe get in touch. Shes based near Old Bawn in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Some really beautiful dresses on this site indeed. This could make a lovely bridesmaid dress and its available in 3 different colours.
    Very tempted to buy one myself. Think its a fabulous looking dress.

http://www.quizclothing.co.uk/clothes/00100006151.html

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'd check debenhams again. They had a huge amount of bridesmaid dresses when I was in there last week. And I think they stock alice temperley now??? Which might suit you if you are tall (and I am imagining thin??)

Edit. It's Jenny Packham I was thinking of

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I was a bridesmaid for my sister and we had the multi-way dress in shell pink. It was almost our only option as one girl was heavily pregnant and another was only a fortnight after having her baby. It looked great and everyone was impressed that they could all be worn different ways. They are sold in Coco boutique on Clarendon street and another shop on Drury Street though we felt the brand in Coco, Eliza and Ethan, was much better quality and looked like it.

They're simple, not strapless and they're made quite long..most people have to get the length altered but it doesn't need to be hemmed, just cut or lasered so that's straightforward too. She should check them out to see if she likes them.

Advertisement