Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable/Student wedding photographer

Options
  • 07-10-2015 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

So, we're getting married next year and would love a photographer to take some really nice pictures however our budget is quite tight and our wedding party is quite small also (6 ppl) so there'll not be as much fuss, I'm open to the idea of a student photographer taking them if it keeps the cost down and helps them build a profolio also, any suggestions????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Tefral

maybe speak to the local art college?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭RuasMum

That's a great idea!! Kicking myself for not thinking of this myself!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Berit Atlis is very well prices she is on facebook takes lovely pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭clint_silver

RuasMum wrote: »
    So, we're getting married next year and would love a photographer to take some really nice pictures however our budget is quite tight and our wedding party is quite small also (6 ppl) so there'll not be as much fuss, I'm open to the idea of a student photographer taking them if it keeps the cost down and helps them build a profolio also, any suggestions????

hit the photography section on boards http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=27
    , ask if anyone is interested for a very small fee to be agreed, give the date and general location and ask for a pm from interested parties.

clint_silver thank you very much it is most helpful :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Saraeavan

We've done this. It's a good idea if you're on a budget but couple suggestions
    Make sure they have some experience with event photography, even if it's not a wedding and see some examples of our work.
    If they do have this experience you do need to still pay a decent enough fee. We have our guy for about 6/7 hours (build and ceremony and speeches - evening will be photographed by friends) and we're paying €300 (and will probably pay a €50 tip). If we had him the whole day i would probably pay €500. IMO that's only a fair fee, even for a student as its a huge days work. And they're travelling too and there's an immense amount of editing work to it too! Good luck, it's a nice idea too to allow a student break into this market and expand their portfolio!

Yes I agree it's nice to give back and it helps everyone out!!

We only need photos at the ceremony, none from the house or anything and our "reception" will be a sit down Dinner of about 8 people and I don't think we'll need our pictures taken then!!

Advertisement