Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding websites?

Options
  • 03-10-2015 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi. I'm trying to set up a website for my wedding. My cousin had a website for his wedding that had a little bio and a few pictures along with a place for people to rsvp. He used moposa.com. I've set up a guestbook etc on the site but I can't see anywhere for uploading pictures etc. can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong or else suggest an alternative. Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

We're using theknot.com - why don't you try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭Gatica

I would recommend changing the thread title to Moposa if that's the specific site you want to use and edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

As far as I know mopassa you have be invited by lets say the venue where you are holding the wedding.. There must be some kind of charge or something where the wedding venue registers with it and then passes it onto their customers...

We had the wedding party app for ours and found it great. We printed off little cards on vistaprint and left them in the rooms and around the place people could just scan the app thingy on the back and upload to the website, so we got quite a good selection of pics from it

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Parzival

Just wondering is this becoming more popular for people to do especially with family and friends increasingly being based abroad?
    Are the free websites good enough or do people end up getting someone to build them a website for this purpose?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I had a lot of family coming from abroad and far afield etc. I used The Knot and put the link to our page in the wedding invitation, so people could see more info if they wanted. I did a piss take guide to Dublin and some other jokey bits on it just to fill space, but then I actually had proper info there too, like nearby accommodation if people didn't want to stay at the hotel where the wedding was, phone numbers for local taxis, direction to church and hotel, and info on how to pay the M50 toll, etc

The pre-made websites are handy cos aside from being free, they're very easy and straightforward to use. I know a couple of people who had their own individual website but they were people who worked in web design so it was no hassle for them. Personally I wouldn't throw money away paying for one when there's such a big choice of free ones out there.

Edit: I got married in 2010 so there are even more now than there were when I got married.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Parzival wrote: »
    Just wondering is this becoming more popular for people to do especially with family and friends increasingly being based abroad?
    Are the free websites good enough or do people end up getting someone to build them a website for this purpose?

There's no point paying someone to do it. The free options are grand and very easy for even a novice to put together. Even if you pay someone to do it, you're still going to have to write the actual content yourself and that's the most time consuming bit.

Look at wordpress or blogspot or the knot.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

We're using eWedding.com, I found this to be the easiest to use. Some of the other free ones are clunky to use unless you pay for the premium versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Gatica wrote: »
    I would recommend changing the thread title to Moposa if that's the specific site you want to use and edit.

I don't specifically want to use that site. Any wedding site that I can get my head around will do ðŸ˜႒

Parzival wrote: »

Most of the weddings I've been to in recent years have had a website. I'd say that they were all free sites but I couldn't be sure. I think they're a great idea. When there's the option, I always rsvp online. If I had to rsvp by post if never get to a wedding!! :-) Also, in my family there's a lot of people travelling from Australia and Europe. I think it's handier for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭StarBright01

I don't get how these wedding websites are free? How do they make their money if the service they are providing is free? Just curious!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭ruadh

They would make money from advertsing, like pop-up ads but also there's an option to pay for extras. Like I said, some of them are horrible to use and really, you'd want to pay for ease of use. With the one I'm using, www.eweddings.com, you have the option of adding extras at a cost (more options for website colour, design etc). Also, they have a facility for text RSVP's. They give you 20 free with the free version but you can pay to get more. Little things like that.

Luc01 wrote: »
    I don't get how these wedding websites are free? How do they make their money if the service they are providing is free? Just curious!

Probably from advertising

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Sherlof3

We used Appy Couple it was super easy and v handy!

Advertisement