Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying suits

• 18-09-2015 9:13pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm getting married in late June and am considering buying my and the groomsmen's suits rather than hiring (going by the prices I've seen, it won't cost a huge heap more and could act as my gift to them).

Can anyone recommend a good place to go hunting for them in or around Dublin?

I'm looking to get a nice but regular style suit - rather than anything with tails etc - and while I want something special I'd like to avoid Louis Copeland prices.

Are there any places that would be open to a deal when someone is buying 4-5 suits plus extras?

One consideration was the likes of Kildare Village - especially after Christmas - but I'm not sure if I'd manage to find the same suit in various sizes in an outlet... maybe someone here can tell me if I'm wasting my time going there!

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭westernlass

River island, marks and spencers or topshop.

There's a place In jervis that does all in for 250e. They have a mannequin set up near the ticketmaster.

A suit that fits also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Tkmax if you get lucky can have gorgeous suits at good prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eildar

I think Best menswear do a deal. Buy 4 suits and get the fifth free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd definitely wait until the post Christmas sales to pick something up.

No harm in still going out now to check for styles and sizes and know what you want when the sales are on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Debenhams?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Suits You on Liffey Street

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Suits You on Liffey Street

+1 my bro in law got his suits there and they look fab, the prices were good too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

Bertoni menswear in st Stephens green I bought the suits for my wedding off them. Got a great deal and we'll looked after.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

My wedding and groomsmen suits were from m&s. €100 a head. Happy days. Cheap, yet classic.

beertons wrote: »
    My wedding and groomsmen suits were from m&s. €100 a head. Happy days. Cheap, yet classic.

Been looking at this. Did you find they fitted ok?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The basic M&S suit should fit fine - just get it altered if you need to.

Make sure the sleeve and trouser lengths are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

The Formal Suite in Dublin city centre. I got a quote from them at the Wedding Journal show, for 5 suits, including shirts, ties and cufflings for 1270 for the lot. Very reasonable and the suits were lovely.

They have a facebook page and a website.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Formal-Suite-144016555782858/timeline/

http://www.theformalsuite.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

You'd find it difficult to find five matching suits in TK Maxx.

If you're looking for discounts then a smaler retailer would be the one to go to.

M&S would have a decent range and the suits could be worn again and again - just jazz them up for your wedding with decent shirts and ties.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Been looking at this. Did you find they fitted ok?

Yep, still do. We've worn them to funerals since too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Marks and Spencer - autograph range for something a bit special

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Suits. ie have some nice ones.
    Think it's close to the wedding dress warehouse.

I actually wandered up to the men's floor in m&a the other day and realised they have a huge selection. Had to delay til next Saturday with himself but its a really good option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Danielle D

Dorian Black, have two stores in city centre, one off Grafton St and one in GPO Arcade do deals when buying wedding suits. Check out www.dorianblack.ie.....I used to work there so I'm a little bit biased but great styles at affordable prices :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

andreac wrote: »
    The Formal Suite in Dublin city centre. I got a quote from them at the Wedding Journal show, for 5 suits, including shirts, ties and cufflings for 1270 for the lot. Very reasonable and the suits were lovely.

They have a facebook page and a website.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Formal-Suite-144016555782858/timeline/

http://www.theformalsuite.ie/

Thanks for that - was in with them today and saw a really nice suit for a reasonable price (will hopefully be even more reasonable when I tell them I'm willing to buy six at the right price!).

Will definitely be going back there for a 2nd look.

Advertisement