Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Signing a contract

• 25-06-2015 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

know am very lucky.Just got offered 18 hour RPT.Only dilemma I have is that have been in a permanent teaching position for over a decade but For the past few years I have been trying to relocate back to my home area as not happy in place I was living and have spent nearly every weekend driving home ( 2.5 hr commute one way) especially in last few years.Also not feeling happy in school where am teaching.
    New position is roughly in a city just over an hour from my home place - and 1hr 30 min roughly from nearest big town to me.know could try and commute but know it would kill me so would love to be closer.If I accept position know will have to sign contract so just wondering if something closer did pop up say in Aug could I take job nearer home if it suited or would I still have to honour contract?
    Have to say city where new job is appeals to me as lots to do and have family links there and have been there many times so have contemplated starting afresh and staying there - am single and have no ties also but it's just am approaching my mid thirties so want to make sure am making right choice.Very little jobs appearing close to my home area - new position seems to have good prospects .Thanks for any advice

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Sign the contact anyway and if something better comes up in the meantime then take it. What are your subjects? There's plenty out there who'll take your place with the first school so don't be worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭tosh999

First of all congrats on getting the job, you obviously made a good impression. You are in quite a dilemma - sign the contract and then renege in August if another job comes along? A lot of effort goes into the recruitment process despite what some posters, in other threads, think. Spare a thought for your future Principal, heading away next week on a well earned break with all recruitment completed. Then early August he has to start again, second and third placed candidates could have been successful elsewhere. How would you feel if he came across a better candidate on holidays and rang you to say he was withdrawing the contract offered?

Advertisement