Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I do the MEd?

Options
  • 25-11-2015 5:25pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi,
    I've been tutoring and teaching for about 7 years now, contract to contract, part time etc. Didn't mind at first because had my own business, but that failed so went more full time into it back in 2011. Working mostly in further education, but have done the odd stint in secondary schools, as I'm registered to teach in post primary VEC schools only. I never done a HDip, kind of wish I had, as it was only 1 year....

Now considering doing the Professional Masters in Education to get myself properly qualified... but unsure as to whether it would really be worth my while!

Are there going to be full time teaching posts...? What is happening?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Hmm, wondering if this post is better suited to the Postgraduate forum for further studies considerations.

In terms of teaching I know a lot has been changing there in recent years. I think a hDip is a prerequisite and I dont know if a masters will cover that.

Advertisement