Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Our Taoiseach gets shunted for soap

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭GTE

It's his own fault that he is not relevant. Especially when it is bound to be a 'Saturday Night with Miriam' type show.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭brevity

*Not the soap that you wash yourself with.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

At least one of them will be live and believable…
    The other will be staged and very well rehearsed.

+1 to whoever that guy is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Could they not have put the soap on RTE 2?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

So the Sap gets dropped for the Soap!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Enda Kenny is a dick head.

They obviously thought more people would be interested in watching 'Don't tell the Bride' than Edna answering a load of pre-arranged and soft questions.

I wonder if he'll be asked about getting recalled to the Fennelly Commission because the statements he gave first time round didn't check out...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

They obviously thought more people would be interested in watching 'Don't tell the Bride' than Edna answering a load of pre-arranged and soft questions.

Enda

efb wrote: »
    Enda

If it's good enough for Ron Burgundy it's good enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

It should have gone ahead regardless. If people don't watch, then so what?
    Oh yea! Ads! RTE needs it's viewing figures. You can't even watch the RTE player anymore with adblock installed.
    Public service broadcaster my hoop.

• Advertisement

I wonder if he'll be asked about getting recalled to the Fennelly Commission because the statements he gave first time round didn't check out...

Well shit.. they did ask that question.. so fair paly to RTE I guess.

Edna looked shifty as fcuk trying to sound like he was giving an honest answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Watching that clip of Enda, just made me realise how much of brainless clown the idiot really is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

efb wrote: »
    Enda

Idna

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

and an english soap at that!!

whatever happened to the Riordans??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭Aongus Von Bismarck

Referring to the elected leader of the nation as a girl's name. How juvenile.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭renegademaster

It should have gone ahead regardless. If people don't watch, then so what?
    Oh yea! Ads! RTE needs it's viewing figures. You can't even watch the RTE player anymore with adblock installed.
    Public service broadcaster my hoop.

my stream kept freezing up and had to refresh a few times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Rubbish to postpone PrimeTime because of ........a soap. Enda's expected appearance on PrimTime is just an aside IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

It not like he'll say anything worthwhile anyway, just the usual bluff and bluster non answers.
    He shouldn't be given any TV time for that, unless he's prepared to give actual committed answers it's a waste of everyone's time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

The Red C opinion poll this weekend will be a genuine eye-opener for many of the outraged. It seems that a large segment of the voting populace think FG have done a very decent job. The fastest growing economy in Europe, record levels of people getting back into work, maintained core social welfare rates. Kenny will go down in the history books as one of the finest Taoisigh, Ireland has had. From an economic and social perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,979 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Is this actually a serious post?

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    Is this actually a serious post?

If you give out to him he might make his girlfriend piss in her pants

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Red Kev

It's known as political satire. Its been around for a few centuries.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

That's really bizarre. I wish I could hear everything before the cronies start jeering. Not his best PR moment anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭FueledbyCoffee

RomanKnows wrote: »
    The Red C opinion poll this weekend will be a genuine eye-opener for many of the outraged. It seems that a large segment of the voting populace think FG have done a very decent job. The fastest growing economy in Europe, record levels of people getting back into work, maintained core social welfare rates. Kenny will go down in the history books as one of the finest Taoisigh, Ireland has had. From an economic and social perspective.

Hi Enda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Red Kev wrote: »
    It's known as political satire. Its been around for a few centuries.

So about as old as the joke in question then?

It's not really political satire either. It's just a poor joke, just like most of these things (halfrauds , $ky etc) , the person in question just happens to be in Politics. Good political satire is usually, well, good.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

What soap are we talking about? I presume it's EastEnders.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

JupiterKid wrote: »
    What soap are we talking about? I presume it's EastEnders.

Red rock. Everyone's watching it, right? Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Like a chickens gizzard reading from a script.
    A true patriot..........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Red rock. Everyone's watching it, right? Right?

Yes, prisoners in the Joy are being forced to watch it I hear to improve behaviour. Highly effective so far apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Tiger Mcilroy

RomanKnows wrote: »

In fairness when they took over the place was in a depression and i havent seen any progressive moves by FG other than to cut services and up taxes..the economy couldnt go any lower so of course it had to grow.

They claim credit for any job created when its happening in spite of them..im surprised we dont get richard bruton rushing down with the press wehen his local shop takes on a paper boy at this stage "we did that"..

Advertisement