Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rangers FC lodge papers to go into administration

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Clyde FC have issued a statement on the SPL/SFA document, makes very good reading. Absolutely nails it. Can't link as am on my phone but it's on the Clyde FC website. I hope the other clubs take it onboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Clyde FC have just gone way up in my estimation. Fair play !
    The Club has received a set of papers in advance of the SFL meeting on Tuesday. The essential intent behind those papers is to induce the SFL clubs to agree a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the SFL in the 1st Division in exchange for a range of structural changes to the current set up and some small financial inducements. Some of the proposed changes have merit in principle.

The Board believe that any proposals for change should not be rushed, as these have been. They also have to be done by consensus and not through threat or inducement, again, as these have been.

The papers include a proposal to allow a Newco to enter the 1st Division. This is contrary to the rules of the SFL and nothing within the papers justifies this proposal.

As a club owned by its supporters and recovering from having been on the brink of extinction, the Board of Clyde Football Club recognise the damage done to the credibility of Rangers Football Club by its successive owners, and the subsequent impact on staff and supporters. These proposals do nothing to restore that credibility.

It is not for us to become involved in punishment, that is a matter for the SPL and SFA. The SFL clubs are being asked to change their rules so that the SPL and SFA can apply sanctions that fit short term financial interests.

It is not for us to tell any club what they should want for themselves, but to enter anywhere other than the 3rd Division risks Rangers Football Club being burdened with the legacy of commencing its rebuilding in a manner that they later look back on with regret. Rangers Football Club does not need to be handed a competitive advantage, they are more than capable of returning to the SPL via the 3rd Division on their own merit. Rebuilding from the bottom can restore the dignity stripped from the club by its former owners.

The papers use emotive language to threaten a future of financial meltdown and they carry the implication of the destruction of the game should a Newco not be entered in the 1st Division. If things are as bad as indicated then Scottish Football is in a far worse state than is being acknowledged. In which case it is time to accept the bankrupt model needs fixed and not supported and perpetuated on the back of this proposal. The fact that other clubs might face similar financial distress because Rangers Football Club enter the 3rd Division is hardly a reason to compromise the integrity of the SFL and further compromise Rangers Football Club.

Rather than attempting to prepare a soft landing before delivering sanctions, it would be better to contemplate more radical change that might actually underpin financial stability in the long term for clubs that balance their books. Perhaps an amnesty from sanctions for clubs that are forced to face insolvency procedures in the next 2 years as a result of the current turmoil, and an automatic entry to the 3rd Division for any club liquidated and reformed in similar circumstances. This would allow 2 years to properly restructure the Scottish Game for the benefit of all and undo the damage that has been created by the current structure which encourages club directors to trade integrity for cash, and then spend beyond their means, willingly risking the very existence of football clubs. If we could believe that the game could be less self interested long enough to resolve this, then this, and other far better ideas, might be worth contemplating.

SPL clubs that have openly stated their opposition to a Newco being given immediate access to the SPL have taken the position based on their, and at times, their supporters' view of what is the right thing to do, however, the vote has still to be taken and proposals such as these are premature. If the SPL clubs vote as indicated on the basis of the increasingly discredited notion of sporting integrity, it would be questionable if the SFL clubs did otherwise.

The reality is that we are faced with unique circumstances and it would be foolish to pretend otherwise, that probably means that compromise for some is inevitable, and perhaps even worthwhile for everyone in the long term. The solution however is not this hastily cobbled together proposal.

The Board of this club sees no merit whatsoever in adopting this proposal.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Good statement, every man and his dog can see why they want Rangers to be put into the 1. Div.
    Although, the fact that Rangers coming to their ground will be a massive financial windfall wouldn't have anything to do with it ? ;)

On the other hand, the protest for 'No to Newco' was a brilliant success it seems.

Stevie Gallacher ‏@SteveFantana

Hampden protest a washout. 50 folk there. Although very much fans of all clubs, not just Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheBuilder

Norwich have taken one step closer to relegation next season.

They've signed Whittaker on a four year deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

Kyle Lafferty officially gone too, he's agreed a 3 year deal with Celtic's arch nemeses from last year's Europa League, FC Sion.

http://www.u.tv/Sport/Kyle-Lafferty-makes-Swiss-move/f0b91892-822b-47d9-b1c2-1f2230cf9cec

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭delos

Dempsey wrote: »
    ....As for that last sentence, thats plain ridiculous.

Was it SPL clubs or SFL clubs that created, maintained and protected the distaster that is the SPL and have fought tooth and nail to ensure that they get two home gates from Rangers/Celtic a season, despite what it did to Scottish football?

Was it the SPL or th SFL who didn't have the liathróidí to suspend Rangers for what they have done during the last season alone?

Is it the SPL or the SFL that are threatening other clubs with SPL2 if they don't agree to a structure designed to return the status quo ASAP?

The SFA/ SPL created this mess without the help of the SFL, refused to sort it out propely themselves and are trying to throw the shíte over the wall into the neighbour's garden - whatever happens is the fault of the SPL, SPL clubs (who let this happen), the SFA in general and Rangers in particular. If anything is ridiculous it's suggesting that fans of SFL clubs (which is who I assume you mean by the minority) are in any way responsible for this.

In any case, I'm confident that the SFL clubs will not agree to "saving" the SPL because:
    • "fúck you" isn't a reaction to the SPL's bully tactics, it's more of a day to day attitude towards them from people associated with the SFL.
    • The threats won't work , especially to the 2nd and 3rd Division clubs who, quite frankly, live an a perpetual state of financial meltdown so any issues with Sky etc and revenue loss won't really make a difference.
    • If anything, it's in 2/3 of the SFL's interest to ensure that the newco start at the bottom as even if their travelling support drops to 1500, a couple of visits is going to be worth much more than they would see from any deals done.
    • Every SFL club knows what would happen if they went into liquidation.
    • I suspect that Cowdenbeth's stand has more to do with their chairman than any financial considerations.

Next month will be interesting, to say the least....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

delos wrote: »
    Was it SPL clubs or SFL clubs that created, maintained and protected the distaster that is the SPL and have fought tooth and nail to ensure that they get two home gates from Rangers/Celtic a season, despite what it did to Scottish football?

Was it the SPL or th SFL who didn't have the liathróidí to suspend Rangers for what they have done during the last season alone?

Is it the SPL or the SFL that are threatening other clubs with SPL2 if they don't agree to a structure designed to return the status quo ASAP?

The SFA/ SPL created this mess without the help of the SFL, refused to sort it out propely themselves and are trying to throw the shíte over the wall into the neighbour's garden - whatever happens is the fault of the SPL, SPL clubs (who let this happen), the SFA in general and Rangers in particular. If anything is ridiculous it's suggesting that fans of SFL clubs (which is who I assume you mean by the minority) are in any way responsible for this.

In any case, I'm confident that the SFL clubs will not agree to "saving" the SPL because:
    • "fúck you" isn't a reaction to the SPL's bully tactics, it's more of a day to day attitude towards them from people associated with the SFL.
    • The threats won't work , especially to the 2nd and 3rd Division clubs who, quite frankly, live an a perpetual state of financial meltdown so any issues with Sky etc and revenue loss won't really make a difference.
    • If anything, it's in 2/3 of the SFL's interest to ensure that the newco start at the bottom as even if their travelling support drops to 1500, a couple of visits is going to be worth much more than they would see from any deals done.
    • Every SFL club knows what would happen if they went into liquidation.
    • I suspect that Cowdenbeth's stand has more to do with their chairman than any financial considerations.

Next month will be interesting, to say the least....

Yes, the SPL is grossly incompetent but this sentence is ridiculous
    If they end up in the 1st Division, the SPL, the SPL clubs and the SFA are more to blame than the SFL clubs or their fans.

You say all the above but you didnt address what I actually pulled you up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

TheBuilder wrote: »
    Norwich have taken one step closer to relegation next season.

They've signed Whittaker on a four year deal.

Really? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

kensutz wrote: »

Really what?

The guy's pish.

kensutz wrote: »

Really :pac:

He can't defend to save himself.

Someone I know on another forum put it quite well. Tactics for every team against Norwich next season:

Attack down Norwich's right

Win football match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Eirebear wrote: »
    Really what?

The guy's pish.
    TheBuilder wrote: »
    Really :pac:

He can't defend to save himself.

Someone I know on another forum put it quite well. Tactics for every team against Norwich next season:

Attack down Norwich's right

Win football match.

Could be worse could be Kirk Broadfoot ;)

Yes, the SPL is grossly incompetent but this sentence is ridiculous

Quote:

If they end up in the 1st Division, the SPL, the SPL clubs and the SFA are more to blame than the SFL clubs or their fans.

You say all the above but you didnt address what I actually pulled you up on.

OK, I'll try to be a little clearer:

The problem was caused by the SFA, SPL and the constituent clubs of the SPL, so primarily they are to blame for the problem, or do you think this was caused simply by the evils of Rangers and the SFA, SPL and the SPL clubs are in no way responsible fro creating the environment that allowed this?

I'd be very surprised if the proposal to put the newco into Division 1 was created by the SFL clubs. It wasn't the SFL fans and I'd be surprised if it was driven by the SFL and the SPL and SFA had little or nothing to do with it. This solution is based purely on greed and self interest on the parts of the SPL clubs. For the sake of the argument let's split the responsibility for this equally between the SFL and the SFA/SPL.

A crude attempt to influence the vote was the threat that if the SFL don't agree the SPL will form the SPL2 and fit the newco in there along with the chosen few who supported them and those who do not will never be allowed near the top-flight, no matter what. Is the bully more to blame for the results of bullying than the victim?

So the SPL, the SPL clubs and the SFA created the problem, were at least partly to blame for a crazy solution based on greed and self interest on the part of the SPL clubs and issued crude threats to try and push this through. Yet you think it is ridiculous to suggest that the majority of the blame for the outcome rests on them?

What is ridiculous is your suggestion that SFL fans are to blame if the newco end up in Division 1:
    The majority of Scottish Football fans support SPL clubs and the SPL vote will be rejected due to fan pressure/boycotts. The SPL & SFL are now attempting to buy the SFL vote. Fans will be entitled to complain if the minority sell out.

You still dont explain how SPL clubs are more to blame if SFL clubs vote Sevco into Div1. SPL clubs didnt make up the rules of the SFL, SPL clubs arent telling Sevco how to go about their business, SPL clubs aren't telling the SPL or SFL to influence SFL club vote. Your rant is well wide of the mark.

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

"If these players wanted to play in Europe, they would've stayed at Rangers," Charles Green, despite 3-year UEFA competition ban on newcos.

Surely thats grounds for failing the fit and proper persons test?! :pac:

No bother, they're not gonna do one at all :rolleyes:

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

"If these players wanted to play in Europe, they would've stayed at Rangers," Charles Green, despite 3-year UEFA competition ban on newcos.

Surely thats grounds for failing the fit and proper persons test?! :pac:

Taking tiny bits of quotes to pander to other fans again Grant.

Green was referring to Whittakers statement of wanting to play European football, when even with a 3 year exclusion Rangers will play in Europe again before Norwich.

Green insulting other clubs? He should wait till he actually owns a football club and knows what league his club will be playing in before throwing insults.

Jim Spence ‏@bbcjimspence

East Fife say Newco must Follow Normal application route into third tier of SFL

Another nail...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Airdrie United will abstain from any vote on the future of a Rangers newco in the Scottish Football League, according to their chairman Jim Ballantyne.

As far as I know, an abstained vote is considered as a NO for counting purposes on acceptance of a peoposal is it not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Seems to be some talk over on St Mirren forums that their chairman is pushing to have The Rangers parachuted straight into the SPL, Daily Record claiming at least 3 SPL chairmen were in talks last night to achieve this.

• Advertisement

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html

CHARLES GREEN has hatched a last-ditch plan to keep crisis-torn Rangers in the SPL.
    Green’s sensational scheme would:

Back SPL voting reform and slash the Old Firm’s influence;

Agree a fairer split of revenue and cut payments to the Old Firm;

Accept the transfer embargo given by the SFA appeals body;

Pay all Gers’ football debts at home and abroad;

Take a points deduction for at least one, possibly more seasons;

Issue a public apologise for Gers’ past wrongdoing.

Charles Green has no shame

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4407410/Charles-Green-offers-an-escape-plan.html

CHARLES GREEN has hatched a last-ditch plan to keep crisis-torn Rangers in the SPL.

Charles Green has no shame

Especially given his little dig at players leaving for financial gain, the only reason he is at The Rangers is because he is in it for a quick buck so he is in no position to criticise them.

If he thought he could make a tidy profit by renaming Ibrox as The Brother Walfred Memorial Park he would have the name changed in the morning and go home to Yorkshire laughing all the way.

Seems to be some talk over on St Mirren forums that their chairman is pushing to have The Rangers parachuted straight into the SPL, Daily Record claiming at least 3 SPL chairmen were in talks last night to achieve this.

I will NEVER set foot inside an SPL ground again, including Paradise, if that happens. I'd have a VERY hard time justifying it if Newco landed in Div 1 ... Not a hope of even considering it if they were in the SPL. Though it is the Record, So hopefully it's shít like 99.99% of what they print.

I will NEVER set foot inside an SPL ground again, including Paradise, if that happens. I'd have a VERY hard time justifying it if Newco landed in Div 1 ... Not a hope of even considering it if they were in the SPL. Though it is the Record, So hopefully it's shít like 99.99% of what they print.

I had assumed it was shít but then I read the views of St Mirren fans after a shareholder meeting last night and they seemed very concerned at noises coming from the chairman that this might be back on.

Any league where 2 teams out of 12 are basically exempt from relegation is just a joke and not one I would have any interest in following. If this is the outcome (I don't think it will be though) then I will probably only bother following Celtic's European games with any kind of interest.

Senior SPL source says Newco "Absolutely will be voted against" says Charles Green spoke to him also, but vote will still be no.

Tweeted an hour ago. Doubt we'll have any last minute change of heart by SPL chairmen.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

This is just fcuking embarrassing now at this stage.

If an SPL club can only survive by throwing the rule book out the window and voting a new club into the SPL, it's a sad indictment of the state of Scottish football.

I still cannot fathom why there are no rules to cover this situation, or if there are rules there, why they are not being applied. Clubs should not have to be voting on these things. If a club folds and has to start again, there's only one route, and that's Division 3. That should apply whether it's Rangers, Celtic, St. Mirren or Peterhead.

It's laughable to think we're back in pre-season training now, with kick off next month, and we still don't know what teams will be playing in what division.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

PauloMN wrote: »
    It's laughable to think we're back in pre-season training now, with kick off next month, and we still don't know what teams will be playing in what division.

LOI says hello.

Stranraer FC statement, much like Clyde's viewpoint:
    The committee of Stranraer FC met this evening to discuss the papers recently received in advance of the SFL clubs meeting. The papers indicate a number of proposals and scenarios to deal with the potential vacancy that would occur if the expulsion of an SPL club occurs this week.

The committee unanimously agreed that the proposals are produced in haste and are unconvinced about the justification for departing from the rules and standards that the SFL represent. As a club recently faced with possible extinction and fighting our way back from financial difficulties we fully understand the position that a club could find themselves placed in and as a supporters run club, fully understand the passions of the supporters of clubs affected by such an event.

We are not convinced at the emotive language currently being aired to describe the potential ramifications to our game should a NewCo not be given special case treatment and consider that the benefits that could be negotiated do not counter balance the damage that would be done to the credibility of the SFL as a governing body.

We hold the stance that it is our place to act in the best long term interests of Stranraer FC and for Scottish Football as a whole and see no reason to breach the integrity of the SFL by filling a vacancy at any level other than at the lowest tier. The possibility of placing a NewCo at any other level breaches the sporting competition of our organisation and compromises the very structure of our game. There should not be a special case made for any club and we believe that the proper place for a phoenix club to restart life is at the lowest level. We believe it is right and proper than any club should have the right to apply for the resulting vacancy and we would then form a view on which club we would support for election to any vacancy based on the presentation case made by the applicants.

Irrespective of the size, stature, history and resources of the club filling the vacancy, the opportunity exists for that club to find their way back to their natural tier in the league structure in a fair and equitable manner while being encouraged to trade and exist successfully within the means at their disposal.

Restructuring of the league set-up and governing bodies is complex and difficult with many differing views and interests across the clubs in the spectrum. The current proposal has been compiled as a reaction to the unique and unexpected circumstances we are faced with and while there are clearly a number of ingredients that have great merit, this is too great an issue to be dealt with in this seemingly indecent haste.

Stranraer FC support the opening of a vacancy in the lowest tier given the options available at present and remain open to the continuing challenge of working towards a better future for all involved in Scottish Football.

http://www.stranraerfc.org/

...and Stirling Albion's poll results:
    The outcome of the Supporters’ Trust Poll with regards to the options the Club have been asked to consider in advance of tomorrow’s SFL Meeting at Hampden is as follows:-

Rangers/Newco:

Option 1 - to SFL3 – 68%

Option 2 - to SFL1 – 16%

Option 3 - to be terminated or suspended – 16%

The Club Executive accepts this as a clear steer from the membership for Option 1 and that is the stance that I will take forward into the SFL meeting. The stance will include the proviso that, in accordance with SFL rules, the Rangers/Newco will have to apply for election rather than be accorded automatic admission as the option, as currently worded, would imply.

It should be remembered that there will be no formal vote and I would hope that the meeting will be as much about providing substantially more detail to the headline document currently available and answering questions from the floor, as it is about member Clubs expressing opinion.

A joint Club / Trust Executive Board Meeting will take place on Wednesday evening when I will fully update those in attendance with the information emanating from the SFL meeting to allow for further meaningful discussion to take place.

Whilst I acknowledge that these are extremely difficult times for Scottish Football as a whole, the Club Executive will remain focussed solely on continuing to act in the best interests of SAFC and will not be drawn into debate or comment on matters that are not our direct responsibility.

Further updates will be posted as soon as appropriate.

J Stuart Brown

Operations Director

Edit: For the avoidance of doubt, please note that the wording of the three options is not that of SAFC but is word for word that used by the SFL in their documentation to member Clubs. There are five options in total but two of them are not relevant to SFL Clubs but lie within the scope of the SPL.

http://www.stirlingalbionfc.co.uk/news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭lubo_moravcik

And now the apology:
    http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2830556

Really, you're right, Green does have no shame! :o Cringeworthy stab at a last ditch attempt to get other clubs onside. :o

• Advertisement

Neil Doncaster about to start presentation to SFL.

Neil Doncaster tells sfl that Sky, Espn and sport 5 deals at threat as contracts require RFC in spl in 2013/14 value 17.35 mill

Hopefully Doncaster explains why he didnt seek to have that clause removed from the contract

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/109094-raith-director-we-are-being-bullied-and-lied-to-over-rangers-situation/
    Raith Rovers director Turnbull Hutton says clubs in the Scottish Football League are being “lied to, bullied and threatened” by the Scottish FA and Scottish Premier League in a “corrupt” move to aid Rangers.

I'm glad that the SFL clubs can smell the bull**** a mile off

SFA ch exec Stewart Regan now addressing the SFL meeting

Sfa will not allow rfc newco into spl says Stewart Regan

Why didnt Regan say this the day liquidation was announced?

Himself & Doncaster are not the right people to take Scottish Football forward

Why didnt Regan say this the day liquidation was announced?

Himself & Doncaster are not the right people to take Scottish Football forward

Exactly my point all along. If they can say this now, why were they putting it to a vote in the first place? They are making this stuff up as they go along it seems.
    Up to 6 SPL clubs at risk according to Stewart Regan. Sounds like option being presented is first division or nothing

The way they are handling this is a complete joke. More bully boy tactics. If the Sky deal falls apart because Newco are told to go to Div 3, then so be it. We cannot have a league bending rules just because of Sky, or the inability of other clubs to function without one of the Glasgow clubs.

SPL rules allow new clubs to apply (which is a joke), Sevco applied for Rangers SPL licence so a vote was called. The SFA & SPL hoped that the clubs would allow them back in with punishments. The SFA would have added relegation on top of what the SPL clubs decided. That didnt happen and now they are panicking. SFL clubs are being bullied by the SFA, SPL & SFL to get what they originally wanted and to avoid their incompetence (i.e. allowing clauses into TV deals, allowing clubs to be financially dependant on Celtic/Rangers) being shown very clearly to everyone.

I wouldnt say making it up as they go along but they are trying to influence the outcome. They are corrupt, plain and simple and this is what needs to happen at Hampden...

:pac:

Is Regan Loyd ? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

ffs cant embed the video.:mad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE2XFEo6Zqw&feature=youtu.be

Raith chairman pulls no punches

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

Airdrie United will abstain from any vote on the future of a Rangers newco in the Scottish Football League, according to their chairman Jim Ballantyne.

As far as I know, an abstained vote is considered as a NO for counting purposes on acceptance of a peoposal is it not?

:confused: Put it this way - in the recent Fiscal Treaty, if someone wrote "big hairy mickey" on their ballot paper instead of stating a preference, or better yet if that person never went to the polling station to vote, that 'vote' would have no bearing on the results (i.e. would not be counted).

So why would you think a club abstaining from this vote would have their vote counted as a No?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,634 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

:confused: Put it this way - in the recent Fiscal Treaty, if someone wrote "big hairy mickey" on their ballot paper instead of stating a preference, or better yet if that person never went to the polling station to vote, that 'vote' would have no bearing on the results (i.e. would not be counted).

So why would you think a club abstaining from this vote would have their vote counted as a No?

Anything not counted as a yes will be a no. A certain percentage of yes votes are needed to pass something, not a certain number of no votes to stop it.

If they need, for example, a two thirds majority, and one third don't vote, they are effectively saying no because everyone else then has to say yes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

It has been confirmed that the SFL clubs will vote on Sevco going into Div 1 next Thursday, 12th July. A 50% Yes is needed to allow Sevco. That is 15 Yes and 15 No will carry the vote for the Yes

I'm not even sure if the SFL clubs get to vote and what the outcome needs to be... But regarding the SPL vote that requires an 8-4 majority to pass, I believe I read that a club abstaining would essentially be a no in the fact that it couldn't be considered a yes.
    If there is an absolute number of votes (12) and a 8-4 majority needed to pass a motion, then an abstained vote may as well have been a No, as it doesn't change the % needed to pass the motion and certainly can't be counted as a yes.
    I know it's not an actual NO vote, but it would be a defacto one surely?

RE: Abstentions
    Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant

SFL rules don't state how abstentions are dealt with in need for majority vote, as they are supposed to be forbidden.

There are more holes in Scottish Football rules than a sieve!
    It has been confirmed that the SFL clubs will vote on Sevco going into Div 1 next Thursday, 12th July. A 50% Yes is needed to allow Sevco. That is 15 Yes and 15 No will carry the vote for the Yes

Its a simple majority vote required, thats 50%+1. 50% would not get Sevco anywhere.

EDIT
    Motherwell FC ‏@MotherwellFC

Yes to Newco: 119 (18%) No to Newco: 542 (82%) Votes not returned: 247

Motherwell's vote is in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

In that case, Sevco need 16 clubs to say Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why would any of the Division 3 or 2 clubs vote Yes? They're screwing themselves out of two big gates for a season.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

SantryRed wrote: »
    Why would any of the Division 3 or 2 clubs vote Yes? They're screwing themselves out of two big gates for a season.

Good point. The only option is for the new club to start in div 3. Interesting comments from the Raith Rovers chairman in that linked video earlier.

You still dont explain how SPL clubs are more to blame if SFL clubs vote Sevco into Div1. SPL clubs didnt make up the rules of the SFL, SPL clubs arent telling Sevco how to go about their business, SPL clubs aren't telling the SPL or SFL to influence SFL club vote. Your rant is well wide of the mark.

I'd take the view that the SPL clubs are responsible for the creation of the SPL monster and I'd be very surprised if they don't influence the way it behaves.

Anyway, this is going round in circles so how about I leave the SPL clubs alone and you lay off the SFL fans? :)

• Advertisement

Good point. The only option is for the new club to start in div 3. Interesting comments from the Raith Rovers chairman in that linked video earlier.

Strictly speaking the only option is for the new club to apply for the vacancy in the SFL along with Spartans, Cover Rangers and Gala Fairydean. All three of these clubs have the prerequisite books in order and without joking are more likely to be in a position to play in the 3rd Division as nobody will be able to challenge their entry in a court. That's why they are throwing in the restructuring as it makes it easier to ignore the rule book. Hopefully the SFL clubs will see that the restructuring will come anyway sooner or later.

Advertisement