Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many times have you experienced an intense attraction to someone

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Saralee4

Calibos wrote: »
    Much more common for men I imagine. I read of some studies were women were given testosterone and found themselves more intensely attracted to many more men almost all day every day and at the end of the study asked the blokes how the fcuk they coped having to live like that. " Welcome to our world ladies!!"

Yea it's kind of a mixture of excitement that something is going to happen and dreading that something is going to happen at the same time.

Kind of good and bad. I feel sorry for men if they get it alot though because they must experience it quite often unrequited if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

I'm short, full head of hair and humourless. Now I get it.

There's a poster on boards that calls me Cuddlesworth, I wanted to change my name to that but you already had it.

So I have an irrational dislike for you already :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Littlekittylou

I'm short, full head of hair and humourless. Now I get it.
    ah love the serendipity of username humor :)

There's a poster on boards that calls me Cuddlesworth, I wanted to change my name to that but you already had it.

Change your name to "I hate cuddlesworth" :)

Saralee4 wrote: »
    Change your name to "I hate cuddlesworth" :)

Ha! Good idea, sorry Cuddlesworth, but you have my name!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Wide Load wrote: »
    Every morning on the bus.

The driver's a hottie?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭The_Captain

Ouch. Name change to Cuddlesworthless

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

If I ever get divorced can I send you a PM? Keep my options open like...

Great.. I suppose that means I'll have to get divorced too....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I can see a man and think, he is attractive and id like to get to know him and things can develop from there but that insane primal intense attraction to someone, I would say that this has only happened to me about twice in my life.

That kind of attraction where you can barely be in the same room and you just have to control yourself and its really awkward to be around the person. Usually it is a mutual thing. Sometimes it can be so awkward that you actually go out of your way to avoid the person. I don't think that happens too often.

Does this happen more for men? and how often do people experience this?

I used to have that quite a bit in secondary school with straight guys. The awkward part was at its most here and there was, for me, the most intense sexual energy here.

From college on it was out with the straights and in with the gays where for the first while it was a similar level of sexuality intensity but as time went on my deep crushes were more all-encompassing of the person, to the extent where now my deep crush would be more akin to my bestest friend from afar (i.e. following on twitter) then in person I find myself trying to be just a good companion but am usually given to the characteristic awkwardness you describe, with an inability not to blush, a fight or flight response and / or the regular unintentional glances in the person's direction.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Very few times but I love it, it's like you are a child again. It's much more to do with personality than looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Just the once, with the wife. Who is looking over my shoulder as I type

Very few times but I love it, it's like you are a child again. It's much more to do with personality than looks.

yea and what's really weird is, you kind of end up acting extremely seductive without even trying like it is happening naturally and you keep ending up in these awkward situations of silence with one another!

And if you end up in close proximity of the other person then you can literally feel a spark or a kind of weak, dazed feeling that you can sense the other person feels too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

Twice,even though I know it was mutual it never took off.......beginning's are delicate times.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Most days during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Any time I see an attractive woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

yea and what's really weird is, you kind of end up acting extremely seductive without even trying like it is happening naturally and you keep ending up in these awkward situations of silence with one another!

:):)

It used to turn me into a gaping moron, stuttering over my words, mis-using phrases, rendered useless on simple tasks that I otherwise could do with my eyes closed, trying to walk away non-chalantly and walking straight into glass doors etc...

What's most fascinating is the physiological response you can have. Like you'd actually find yourself preening yourself, subconsciously playing with your hair or licking your lips, standing taller, giggling like a school girl.

I remember at one point my ridey colleague stopped by with a question about a particular production system I was using, and I launch into "well the BREAST way to do it is...". He started laughing and I nearly blushed myself into a heart attack.

Ah there's nothing like an aul dose of sexual tension.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭RomanKnows

I experienced this once. I marched into The Gingerman on Fenian Street for a pint after work. This wasn't something I'd usually do. I just wanted a few pints of stout and a few hours of silent musings.
    The pub was fairly busy, so it must have been a Friday. I sat down and ordered a pint. I glanced at the girl sitting next to me at the bar. She was reading The Third Policeman by Flann O'Brien. Just sitting there not giving a ****. Reading one of the funniest and most insightful books ever written.
    She was a beautiful redhead. Pale delph skin, long ringlets of her dark red/auburn hair floating off her shoulders. The type of stunning beauty so maligned in popular culture as a 'ginger'. Utterly unique.

I spoke about the book. I was already smitten. I probably said stupid ****. We talked for hours. I walked her home and thought about her the entire journey back to my apartment. We went out for 3 years after that.

It didn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Once in college. I was in a relationship, she was in a relationship but after about 6 months we couldn't stand it any longer and we succumbed to our animal instincts and humped like rabbits all night long. it happened a few times more in the following months but we both stayed with our respective partners and simply lost touch after college. I often wonder where she is now.

A woman I lived with from Carlow. I made her a poem on the spot, in the kitchen of our Dublin house-share. It was called 'Cathy', like her name. But she just kept smoking her cigarette & eating chips & laughing peculiarly in all the wrong places. For context, this was about 3am and we were both very drunk and (unsurprisingly) never had sex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

A woman I lived with from Carlow. I made her a poem on the spot, in the kitchen of our Dublin house-share. It was called 'Cathy', like her name. But she just kept smoking her cigarette & eating chips & laughing peculiarly in all the wrong places. For context, this was about 3am and we were both very drunk and (unsurprisingly) never had sex.

That's a bit more like it - sounds a bit like my story I could share but won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭danslevent

It has happened about twice. Where i was immediately interested and attracted to someone really intensely.

I find it hard to really fancy someone,looks and personality rarely meet in harmony for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭Letree

I had it a few times but each time i would be absolutely useless around the girl. Barely able to hide the anxiety part of it. The more intense the attraction the more useless i became.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Just the other day on the train, I ended up sitting beside this tall strong dark-haired handsome stranger with big hands who smelled lovely! Everything about the way he looked and the way he moved was rideable. Intense lust!

My boyfriend will probably read this, I'm sure he'll forgive me though, after all I still came home to him (without riding the random hot man!)

I'm sure he has similar encounters with other women, and manages to keep it in his pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭creolebelle

Only once and I couldn't even talk to him. It was so overwhelming

• Registered Users Posts: 6,041 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

It happens regularly enough, its never mutual though.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭my teapot is orange

Not sure we're talking about the same thing, but there is usually at least one guy I'm encountering on a regular basis who I find very attractive. Often more. I don't act on it. But it's fun to be like a teenager with a crush.

Advertisement