Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Useless, nonessential crap that wastes your time everyday...

2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Whats wrong with topaz? I use them all the time

Everything is a rip off...dearest shop and fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

DART timetables

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Doom wrote: »
    ATM's that give an Irish language opinion..no one gives a ****.

ATM's again, press for a 20e, no 20s, so instead of giving you another opinion, it cancels your whole transaction... Have to start all over again..

Banks with that stupid entrance, double door lock crap.One has to be locked in order for other to open.

Topaz... Having to walk around to whole counter to pay, why can't I just go in the door nearest the cashier..fcukin stupidity.
    Just stop going into the bank and using ATM everyday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

ATM's again, press for a 20e, no 20s, so instead of giving you another opinion, it cancels your whole transaction... Have to start all over again..

Banks with that stupid entrance, double door lock crap.One has to be locked in order for other to open.

Topaz... Having to walk around to whole counter to pay, why can't I just go in the door nearest the cashier..fcukin stupidity.

Having to walk miles barefoot to the well every day to collect drinking water that contains parasites and will one day cause your children to go blind

Oh wait, that's a real problem, not a bullsh1t first world problem.

I hate people who complain about the tiniest little thing. Stop for a moment to appreciate how good you have it.

Complaining about a language option on an ATM? Seriously?

There are people in the world who survive by fighting over tiny bits of discarded metal at landfills so they can sell it for a few cents to buy food.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Akrasia wrote: »
    Having to walk miles barefoot to the well every day to collect drinking water that contains parasites and will one day cause your children to go blind

I hate people who complain about the tiniest little thing. Stop for a moment to appreciate how good you have it.

There are people in the world who survive by fighting over tiny bits of discarded metal at landfills so they can sell it for a few cents to buy food.

Ah would you ever pish off.

A big +1 for Verified by Visa: " Please enter you 4th, 6th and 7th.............."

What was my password again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭deviladvocate

Getting stuck in traffic on the way to/from work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Washing recyclable stuff. It's going in the bin and it pisses me off that I'm basically washing rubbish.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Strategic design to make petrol purchasers walk around and see all the chocolate and buy some. You probably benefit from the extra 5 or 6 footsteps you big lard-ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭magicmoves

ratmouse wrote: »
    Having to physically go into a credit union to withdraw money. Please provide all CUs with ATMs!
    That will hopefully be happening soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

gazzamc wrote: »
    ATM's are so annoying, try and get €20 and it says it only dispenses in multiples of €50, cap for ATM is €120, go figure.

Another is when you've been using your visa debit card and you go to take money out and find out your a few cent short of the nearest 10. :(

Calling support only to be passed on to multiple ppl.

I have on occasion rung the bank asking for 40 cent to be transferred from my savings account to my current account simply so I could take out 20 euro from the ATM. First world problem I admit, but surely there is another way. Ask for a 1 euro over draft maybe?
    DART timetables

I see your Dart timetables and will raise you a dublin bus timetables. Why cant they show approximately what time the bus will be at the bus stop you are at. Not show you the time when it leaves the terminus meaning you have to guesstimate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Working 40+ hour weeks. Productivity has skyrocketed in recent years with the advent of computing/autonomy yet we're working more.

We should be working less and letting technology work for us.

While we're at it, why is it so important for some people to be in the office for their job?

It makes no sense that we have broadband in homes that could've been used for an entire business 10years ago yet people are asked to travel 1+ hours per day to sit at a computer and work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Remember the good old days when an atm would dispense €650??? Now, it's €200 tops and often €120...so, life has gotten cheaper?? No? Well what then??

My card will still give out €700 per day. I only got mine re-newed last week and the leaflet said up to €700 per day in ATMs. I'm with PTSB.

The best one was a few weeks ago. ATM options were 20,40,60,80,120. I select 60, it then tells me it can only give out multiples of €50, (yes the boom is back) I type in 50 manually and it gives me... now wait for this 2x €20 and 1x €10. Now I ask thee, what the f was the problem with €60 if it's filled with €20s???

Are they getting kids in play school to code these machines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

My card will still give out €700 per day. I only got mine renewd last week and the leaflet said up to €700per day in ATMs. I'm with PTSB.

Its not the card thats stopping it its the ATM :) my local one has a limit of 300€ per transaction. You can withdraw twice if you need 600 its just a PITA

heroics wrote: »
    Its not the card thats stopping it its the ATM :) my local one has a limit of 300€ per transaction. You can withdraw twice if you need 600 its just a PITA

Ah didn't know this. Only once did I actually ever withdraw €650 in one go, that was 12 years ago. A lone to a friend that I never got back.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

The best one was a few weeks ago. ATM options were 20,40,60,80,120. I select 60, it then tells me it can only give out multiples of €50, (yes the boom is back) I type in 50 manually and it gives me... now wait for this 2x €20 and 1x €10. Now I ask thee, what the f was the problem with €60 if it's filled with €20s???

Maybe there was only 2 €20 notes left in the machine

• Advertisement

Maybe there was only 2 €20 notes left in the machine

Knowing my luck in general you are probably right.:D

A feature becoming more and more common is the inability to save a password / or username on a website form.

Said saved password is stored in my keychain, on my encrypted linux system. Not allowing the ability to save the username is fine if its a publicly accessible computer like an internet cafe but not giving me the option or the choice and just disabling the functionality is really annoying. I believe the earlier versions of Verified by Visa didnt allow you to save the password, which lead to some of their usability problems.

My card will still give out €700 per day. I only got mine re-newed last week and the leaflet said up to €700 per day in ATMs. I'm with PTSB.

And why can you never take out 10 euros, even though they have 10 euro notes in the machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Welcome to (insert name), followed by some speil.

For such and such, press one. For such and such, press two. For something else, press three. If you would like this or that, press four. If none of these are applicable to you, please hold the line for an operator.

Mario-style music plays. Holding. . .Holding. . .Holding. . .Five minutes later,

"Your call is very important to us. Thank you for holding. An operator will be with you shortly."

Mario music again. Still holding. . .Then,

"Your call is very important to us. Thank you for holding. An operator will be with you shortly."

After ages of being kept on hold, an operator comes on, query explained, and he/she has to pass us on to someone else.

No company specifically, but the above types of situations are unbearable. Or, after pressing one of the number options, further options then come up and the process is repeated once again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Those insufferable automated interactive voice recognition bots on essential service phonelines that want you to read out your account number but NEVER understand it, and instead of just not getting it once they insist on continuing 5 times of "I'm sorry, I didn't get that, please can you repeat it again reading your account number like 123456" etc.

Then eventually they transfer you to a human operator and it doesn't matter whether they've your account number or not. They seem to exist solely to waste time and raise blood pressure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭valoren

"You are the first to join the conference, please wait until the moderator has joined...."

*Cue some rubbish muzak*

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

ATM programmers that don't know their job
    Bank of Ireland programmers that can't.

20 spam E-mails all telling me about my Fedex package that I have to open the Zip file to get.
    Another 20 spam E-mails about the lodgement to my bank account from a company I don't deal with.
    Another 20 E-mails asking for payment from a company that I have never heard of.

A political system that means it doesn't really matter who I vote for, as it's the senior civil servants that are really making the policy, yet we have to listen to the political heads spouting garbage every news bulletin.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13 PirlosBeard

Those insufferable automated interactive voice recognition bots on essential service phonelines that want you to read out your account number but NEVER understand it, and instead of just not getting it once they insist on continuing 5 times of "I'm sorry, I didn't get that, please can you repeat it again reading your account number like 123456" etc.

Then eventually they transfer you to a human operator and it doesn't matter whether they've your account number or not. They seem to exist solely to waste time and raise blood pressure.

Most of the time dialling '0' or '#' while the machine is talking will transfer you through to a person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

Whats wrong with topaz? I use them all the time

Depending on what offends you the most... on average they are more expensive than local competitors. Topaz is owned by Denis O'Brien who is a tax exile in Ireland so all his millions made since he sold his telecoms company is tax free. He is a personal friend of Enda Kenny and other high power politicians. Despite being a multi millionaire he fought the banks on loans he had and got over 200 million written off his outstanding loans. He hired Brian Cowan as a director of Topaz after he left government despite having no experience in the industry etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Clicking on a link that takes me to the Forbes website, but there's a 4 or 5 second delay so they can fill the screen with their 'thought for the day'.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Egginacup

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    We're slowly transferring into a cashless society, stuff like this intended to speed the process along. It's only going to get worse

There's been talk of a cashless society since the first credit cards back in the 50's or even earlier.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

traffic lights

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Doom wrote:
    Everything is a rip off...dearest shop and fuel.

coffee is lovely though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,602 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

dodzy wrote: »
    Ah would you ever pish off.

A big +1 for Verified by Visa: " Please enter you 4th, 6th and 7th.............."

What was my password again ?

Sorry, I was watching Louis CK 'Hilarious' last night and there's a whole bit about 'Why do I have to choose a language at the ATM machine"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

I don't piss away my time on useless, non-productive and/or non-fun crap anymore, I'm too old and I have the patience of a five-year-old. I want a chocolate bar!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

+1 on the Irish option on ATMs ... I mean wtf ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Boards.ie

Akrasia wrote: »

You're better off steering clear of After Hours forum...some people.... pfffff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Civil servants whose pay puts them in the global 1% rich list complaining about "suffering austerity".

nc19 wrote: »
    coffee is lovely though

You obviously have no taste buds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

You obviously have no taste buds.

I think there coffee is actually pretty nice when compared to the muck that most places serve! Although for me the best coffee on the road has to be the Costa machines, taste almost identical to what you get in store.

Why on earth does almost every petrol station claim to have the best coffee on the road? Bullsh*t!

Also topaz is expensive for everything except fuel, their fuel is cheaper than a lot of other places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Every radio ,tv, station on the news ,
    theres reports re sport,english soccer ,gaa etc
    i don,t give a damn about soccer .dont care if some rich player from man city sprained his ankle and can,t play this week.
    ADS are a waste of time i switch over as soon as i can .
    most of the ads on sky tv, are for english uk banks,products etc
    not really relevant to ireland ,
    unless you are watching, rte or tv3.
    Small talk in shops,
    i just want to go in buy stuff,
    don,t want to get into a 2minute pointless conversation,
    re did you see the match last night.
    i,m not living in fair city ,or coronation st
    don,t wish to talk to everyone i meet .
    if i want to talk i,ll go to a pub or meet a friend.

SOME websites have a video ad playing as soon as you go there, at full volume,
    i click pause or just shut down the browser window.
    All video ads should be silent, with sound on ,off button .
    Theres no point in clicking an ad on usatoday ,salon.com etc
    as its likely that product is not sold in ireland anyway.

Ah yes, you reminded of another...
    People who rummage for change when at the fcukin till....get it ready beforehand.
    You people have cost my life hours so far...grrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Ihatecuddles

Drying my hair. I love having long hair, it's halfway down my back or maybe even longer. I hate drying it though. It takes about a half hour, and it's really really thick too.

I swear one day I'll shave it all off and wear a wig!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

People who use credit cards for every purchase,
    eg i,m in a queue ,in a shop, and some eejit is buying a 2euro item with his credit card .
    Maybe in 10 years time when everyone with a smartphone has apple/google play digital wallets ,
    it,ll be faster to use a phone than pay cash ,
    But cash is the quickest way to pay at the moment.

i dont watch dvds anymore , there used to be unskippable ads by the fbi,
    on dvds ,warning against pirate dvds .
    Why is everyone who buys a legit dvd in a shop assumed to be a potential criminal?
    why insult your best customers ?
    There must be miilions spent making ads in irish ,translating documents,
    why ,?
    IS there one person out there that can,t understand the english language.

for 90 per cent of students who go to school ,learning irish is a waste of time.
    All to get an extra few points in the leaving cert ,
    if you decide to go to university.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

People who complain about and make fun of other people liking sports (especially since I used to do this myself until I realised what an arsehole I was being). You may not care about what happened to some delicate millionaires in the English league but I equally don't care about you and your ironic jibes against 'sportsball'.

I still maintain close to zero interest in professional sport but I've no problem with other people having an interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Drying my hair. I love having long hair, it's halfway down my back or maybe even longer. I hate drying it though. It takes about a half hour, and it's really really thick too.

I swear one day I'll shave it all off and wear a wig!!

Mine is the same so I stopped drying it and either wash it at night and straighten it in the morning, or if I've to wash it in the morning I'll plait it or stick gel in it to stop it frizzing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

Harvesting other people's ear wax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

JobBridge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Driving through the estate at 20KPH.

Driving through the estate at 20KPH.

Why not, it could save a life.

Advertisement