Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for perosons emlployer details

Options
  • 20-06-2013 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

hi i was assaulted in a dublin city pub by security who worked direct for the owner..... i know this persons name and address, i know the owner has liquidated the pub but also has other bussineses and as far as im aware the security worker was employed by one of the different bussinesses and not the pub that was liquidated. so is there anyway i can find out who he was really employed with when he worked there ????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

If you intend to sue this person, you are probably going to need a lawyer to do so.

So you may as well have the lawyer do this work for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

Why don't you report the incident to the Gardai and have them investigate? If they can;t make a case it's unlikely (not impossible) that you will succeed. If they are successful and there is someone worth suing (e.g. has some assets / insurance) you'll have lawyers queuing around the block to take the case for free.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Why don't you report the incident to the Gardai and have them investigate? If they can;t make a case it's unlikely (not impossible) that you will succeed. If they are successful and there is someone worth suing (e.g. has some assets / insurance) you'll have lawyers queuing around the block to take the case for free.

Civil cases dont need to be proved beyond reasonable doubt. A lot easier to win a civil case than a criminal one as far as I am aware.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 934 ✭✭✭LowKeyReturn

godtabh wrote: »
    Civil cases dont need to be proved beyond reasonable doubt. A lot easier to win a civil case than a criminal one as far as I am aware.

They only need to be proved on the balance of probabilities. However if a criminal case succeed you'd have much of the ground work laid for a civil case. Civil cases might be easier to win but you still need to know who you're suing and whether it's worth even bothering.

OP doesn't even know who the employer is and will (most likely) have to engage a solicitor to get it to a stage where it could go to court at his own expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 intothewest1

thanks for all the replys, so have had a criminal case and security was found guilty, i have a lawyer who has being taken the company that was liquidated to court and he advised me not to as they had no assets, and its now that i have found out that he was seemingly empolyed by a different company but im not 100% sure of this so im trying to find out myself, the insurance company has said they were insured but not insured for a member of staff assaulting someone. thanks for any help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

thanks for all the replys, so have had a criminal case and security was found guilty, i have a lawyer who has being taken the company that was liquidated to court and he advised me not to as they had no assets, and its now that i have found out that he was seemingly empolyed by a different company but im not 100% sure of this so im trying to find out myself, the insurance company has said they were insured but not insured for a member of staff assaulting someone. thanks for any help.

The investigating Garda may have details of the company that employed the bouncer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 intothewest1

The investigating Garda may have details of the company that employed the bouncer.

i have all the reports from the guardai and they just use the name of the bar, the owner of the bar has lots of little companies and i was just trying to find out if there was a way i could identify exactly which one of them compaies employed the person.

Advertisement